Thread: Mobo Choice

Mobo Choice

Hi, I'm making a new build with a 3570k and a HD7850 and everything is set to be bought with the next paycheck :P
    Now, I'm planning on Overclocking the CPU to a 4.6-4.8ghz and I have a few questions;
    - Is a hyper212 sufficient for such an OC ? I live in egypt and the weather is .. Hot during the summer to say the least.
    - Which Mobo has more features and supports a better OC : Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H or an ASROCK Z77 extreme 4
    - Will a CM 525w Suffice OC'ing both CPU and GPU ?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    From experience I wouldn't push a 3570k past 4.2 maybe 4.3 ghz if you have some great case airflow. Personally using a hyper 212 evo I have my 3570k oced stable at 4.2ghz but under load it approaches 90C.

would really love some opinions on which is a better mobo and whether the 525w Cooler master PSU is enough or not
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    would really love some opinions on which is a better mobo and whether the 525w Cooler master PSU is enough or not
    The Asrock Z68 version of the extreme 4 gen 3 (or whatever) was surprisingly good. I'd look at price, if the asrock is cheaper, take that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.