I've made my choice

I've been a long time viewer of these forums but finally decided to create an account so I could share my views along with all of you. Up till today I have have been pondering which class I really wanted to play at release of Mists. My Ret was my main during DS but like most others, I had several alts. With all the changes with the 5.0.4 patch I couldn't make up my mind till today. What really sold me to continue my Ret as my main was this. I qued up for the new Theramore Scenario this afternoon. Seeing that i was paired up with a hunter and a lock, I knew i would be leading the charge. Everything was running smooth till after we had to go collect the 3 flags. The hunters pet decided to go pull 1/2 the area up the hill where the flags were. It looked like 3-4 groups that had swarmed me, causing me to thinking great here comes a wipe. It didn't happen. Popping H/A I was able to heal all 3 of us up enough where none of us went down.
    I know these scenarios aren't very hard at all, but it showed me that we as Rets could be the difference between a wipe or a clear in a raid situation. We may be too bursty with not enough sustained dps as a pure class, but with all the utility we have to keep our team up in a pinch kinda sealed the deal for me.

I was in the same situation. 5.0.4 made it very difficult for me to to choose a main for mop, so i decided to go with my pally because I really love healing. Then one of my guild's old healers decided to come back and I was moved to offheals and dps when we only need 2 heals. This is where we differ. Once I realized I'd have to be ret'ing it up, I immediately decided I no longer wanted to play that toon. I hate ret gameplay now. I love the whole lore of retadins, but being a class completely dependent on cd's and watching dps drop off into nothing during "downtime". I just can't do it. So my rogue it is =P but my healadin will be leveled quickly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's what I love about ret. We're pretty self sufficient. We may suck in pvp, or get benched for raids, and yes, I didn't like it when those things happen. But we have always been self sufficient, we can do things that only a couple of other classes can. My friend made a list of consumables, etc that she had prepared for leveling her hunter in Mists, and I can't help but smile to myself at the list. Half the things she stocked up on are stuff that we don't need because of how self sufficient we are.

My pally will always be my main. Pally 4 lyfe!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    or get benched for raids, and yes, I didn't like it when those things happen.
    Sorry but no decent ret got ever benched in his guild really, no matter how shitty compared to other specs they were.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Sorry but no decent ret got ever benched in his guild really, no matter how shitty compared to other specs they were.
    I'm not going to argue over this but that is 100% false, That is only your opinion for your guild it happens regardless of you wanting to admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    We may suck in pvp, or get benched for raids, and yes, I didn't like it when those things happen. But we have always been self sufficient
    lol was this serious or kidding?