Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MOP First week/Pre-raid BIS list ( Affliction )

So saw a few posts about this, and after finding the stickied lists slightly inaccurate ( very slightly, still a very well written guide! ), I've chosen to share my Affliction Pre-raid BIS list. This is the gear I will personally be attempting to attain prior to our first week of raiding.

Basic syllabus of the spreadsheet:

Red = Reforged out of this stat
    Green = Reforged into this stat ( If an item already had hit, and hit is highlighted in green, it means I reforged INTO expertise which now also gives spell hit at a 1:1 ratio! )

Enchants ARE NOT INCLUDED. I did not include enchants as there is essentially only 1 viable choice for each item, and none of which provide HIT rating. For enchant guidelines please refer to the stickied guides at the top of the Warlock forums!

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZZXNmbWc#gid=4

** I have not finished my full raid BIS list, but once it is done I will import it into this spreadsheet! **

Deleted
    Saying other lists were wrong while your list is barely BIS doesn't really help, does it? You could say it's faster to obtain the items in your list while still being a relatively good setup, considering PvP items are relatively easy and that's what might make your list more attractive, but generally - no, not a BIS list.

Just your list, nothing more.

most of your stuff is pvp but yeah its a bit better

gladi schoulders vs pve
    int : 594 588 +6
    haste 466 405 + 61
    mastery: 369 (crit) 405 -36

so it would be +6 on int and 25 on 2nd stats, yet ill probably spend most of my time in instances anyway. i just kinda doubht that i will find the time for pvp with all the 60 daylis (more or less) + instances and farming for my professions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    Saying other lists were wrong while your list is barely BIS doesn't really help, does it? You could say it's faster to obtain the items in your list while still being a relatively good setup, considering PvP items are relatively easy and that's what might make your list more attractive, but generally - no, not a BIS list.

You do realize when someone promotes their list as BIS, and its not, it means their list is wrong. My setup was asked for by quite a few people through out various threads, so I decided to post it. It sims out higher than every other list that has been posted on here or on EJ, so not sure why you are getting all riled up. Not sure where you seem to think its not a pre-raid BIS, when so far I havent seen a list posted that is statistically, or simcrafted as better.

In response to Darkminaz - You also have to factor in the sockets / socket bonuses a lot of the pvp gear gives over the regular heroic blues. It adds up quite quickly and provided a significant increase. I do agree with you on being crunched for time in the first week, but with this bis list we only need 6 heroic items, the rest of the time we normally would spend queuing for dungeons could then be spent in BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This list does complicate matters. You have running dungeons on one hand, which is a total crap shoot if you're going to actually end up with the items you want OR run BG's till your eyes bleed and have guaranteed results in terms of gear BUT no control over the pace at which you gather the tokens needed.

If I were more into PvP I'd seriously consider just running Scholomance daily and then BG's for the rest, cause the gear will be usefull 2 times for me then, but I doubt I'll do any PvP whatsoever before somewhere in November, so... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This list does complicate matters. You have running dungeons on one hand, which is a total crap shoot if you're going to actually end up with the items you want OR run BG's till your eyes bleed and have guaranteed results in terms of gear BUT no control over the pace at which you gather the tokens needed.

If I were more into PvP I'd seriously consider just running Scholomance daily and then BG's for the rest, cause the gear will be usefull 2 times for me then, but I doubt I'll do any PvP whatsoever before somewhere in November, so... xD
    Completely understandable, the list is simply a BIS, nothing more nothing less. If you can invest the playtime ( like i will be for my guild ), this is the best setup you can have prior to the first week of raiding.

Deleted
    Didn't go trought the list in detail but for head the crafted engineer helmet is better: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=77533
    For legs: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=89088 are better and you can get them the same week HC starts.
    For the PvP items. Is it certain that you gain access to them early enough to get them until the 1st HC progression week?

Has anyone put together a list without tailoring and pvp items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good list. Double check your PvP ring with http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81182 and your pvp bracers with http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81064 though. The rest looks good.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post

1) If you really really want to min-max you should have your own list, don't trust any internet list you find unless you know *why* it is BiS. Otherwise, you're putting faith in others to figure out your character's gear. Not saying that's a bad thing (especially for those without a lot of time), but it means you have no room to complain.

2) @Pixul: Thanks for the list, especially with so many available items it's really tough to know where to begin. Simulationcraft isn't always right also, Pixul's list is definitely closer/better than any list I have seen thus far. Even with a small amount of time I've personally been able to come up with at least several "improvements" to lists I've seen published elsewhere.

3) The final authoritative list probably won't be out for a while - it never appears on its own, but is always the result of the work of many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    Didn't go trought the list in detail but for head the crafted engineer helmet is better: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=77533
    For legs: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=89088 are better and you can get them the same week HC starts.
    For the PvP items. Is it certain that you gain access to them early enough to get them until the 1st HC progression week?
    I did not include the engi helm as it is a profession item that is NOT boe.
    I also did not include those legs as like you said, you can get them the same week HC starts, this is a 1st week pre-NORMAL mode raids BIS. This list is essentially a wish list to have for the first week of raiding ( 10/2/2012 ).
    It is not confirmed, but highly likely the HONOR gear will be available, as it has in the past. Although if it IS NOT available, I highly suggest players have 4000 honor and 4000 jp saved up so when tuesday rolls around you can buy quite a few pieces prior to raid time!

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Good list. Double check your PvP ring with http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81182 and your pvp bracers with http://mop.wowhead.com/item=81064 though. The rest looks good.
    I had those on the list earlier in the week, and was getting better results with the pvp gear. The extra item level on the pvp gear gives it a VERY minimal stat budget increase, but every point counts.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Has anyone put together a list without tailoring and pvp items?
    I originally started this list without any tailoring/pvp items but decided to just make a "wish-list" for the week before raids begin. If there is enough interest I am more than willing to setup another sheet on the spreadsheet to have a list only using gear available from heroics.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2012-09-23 at 10:48 PM.

http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...-Warlock-Guide

^ sparkuggz is a great warlock and I've followed his guides since I rerolled Lock mid Cata. He guide has both pre-raid and a T14H BiS.

Also
    Enchants ARE NOT INCLUDED. I did not include enchants as there is essentially only 1 viable choice for each item, and none of which provide HIT rating. For enchant guidelines please refer to the stickied guides at the top of the Warlock forums!
    Um, you are wrong again.... http://mop.wowhead.com/item=74716

+175 hit to boots.

GL with your list lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...-Warlock-Guide

^ sparkuggz is a great warlock and I've followed his guides since I rerolled Lock mid Cata. He guide has both pre-raid and a T14H BiS.
    I respect him too, but his guide mentions nothing about Soul Link providing 20% health when you Sacrifice for instance, which is a pretty big oversight. Don't trust ANY guide on face value and compare them to what you know at all times. Nobody is perfect, so comparing several guides and looking at what people did to create them is key, in my opinion.

I saw this and got reminded to make my own gear list of all items available and which should be considered for the first raid. I used OP's spreadsheet as template ^^;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1S0dkOEE#gid=0

Feel free to point out any missing items.

First thing I noticed was that the Inscription staff should be better for us. Any reason people haven't listed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    First thing I noticed was that the Inscription staff should be better for us. Any reason people haven't listed it?
    Takes 20 Scrolls of Wisdom to make, which is 20 daily CDs minus some weekly quests. In essence, takes to long too count as 'pre-raid', I think.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-09-24 at 05:51 PM.

His pre-raid list is inferior to the OP's pre-raid list.

And Pixul also was in my current guild in the past before re-rolling and also was in vodka for quite a bit if I recall. He is a good player also... even if significantly more humble than you are.

Um, you are wrong again.... http://mop.wowhead.com/item=74716
    No movement speed increase, but it's debatable if you want it with burning rush. I still think it's a good deal (the movement, that is).

I think maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention to the list that Spark had. I think his is just from crafting/ dungeons not Pvp. I don't know if I'm going to be pushing PvP too much at the start, mostly just farming for professions and capping faction rep.

I know they don't have the movement speed which is great. I plan on taking Burning Rush but will swap to Unbound if needed. However if you don't need the Shadow Bulwark on a fight requiring dispels, you could Sac your Imp for a 10 sec CD purge and keep Burning Rush without ever happening to switch to Unbound.

How is this a "pre-raid" gear list if your list consists of PvP gear which is not obtainable pre-raid/1st week ?

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    How is this a "pre-raid" gear list if your list consists of PvP gear which is not obtainable pre-raid/1st week ?
    Where did you get info about the PvP items not being available with next reset? If they are you will be able to get them before the first raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    You do realize when someone promotes their list as BIS, and its not, it means their list is wrong. My setup was asked for by quite a few people through out various threads, so I decided to post it. It sims out higher than every other list that has been posted on here or on EJ, so not sure why you are getting all riled up. Not sure where you seem to think its not a pre-raid BIS, when so far I havent seen a list posted that is statistically, or simcrafted as better.
    Because it doesn't sim better. Because the listed PvP gear is actually unobtainable the first week, so it's not even first week setup. People want good gear to raid when Wednesday hit, they don't want to farm one week after first raid is available in order to have your mediocre setup.

Additionally, any self-respecting pre-raid gear list does not put epics or crafted items in it, those are just bonus if somehow you are able to get them. With the ridiculous low chance on some and the over 100,000 price on others that's really unrealistic for the major population of warlocks. You changed your setup back from when I posted, put epics in just to make it slightly better, and even now it's still barely better. You provide no alternative to those items that are hardly obtainable.

Thank you for the effort, but this is just a mediocre list. I'd rather go with Simcraft Pre-Raid setup which is actually obtainable before 00:01 on Wednesday.