Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonwrath vs Torch of dawn

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83747/torch-of-dawn

Vs

Update : Dragonwrath is doing 1.8 - 3.8% of my dps @ 89 , is it worth replacing or not? with that http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83747/torch-of-dawn
    Last edited by amherian; 2012-09-23 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about it? it's already been stated that if you are in mostly BiS ds heroic gear, upgrades are basically sidegrades until later in the leveling process. DTR will at least be usable up til 88ish, possibly up to 90 if you don't feel like swapping it out until you start running heroics.

the quest you get that from requires level 88, so . . .

I would still use Dragonwrath instead of Torch of Dawn. I will however, replace it with a blue item at level 90,
    since I don't think a 1% damage decrease will hurt that much in leveling, or even normal mode dungeons.

Replacing it with a blue item at level 90 is reasonable for me.

Deleted
    Wont legendary procc less after level 85 like most other items?

You will replace it with any item once you hit lvl 90. Before 90 no.

If its anything like beta it just can't proc in anything but the open world once you hit 90(who knows if it will stay like that)

Either way the staff is still quite a big part of your dps even at lvl 89 because it directly copies the dmg of said spell...even if it procs less it still is around the same dps increase and thats why it doesn't proc at lvl 90 in dungeons and raids and arenas and bgs, but as I said that was beta so we don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by baver View Post
    These chances are multiplied by 0.9 for lvl 89 targets, 0.8 for lvl 90 targets, 0.7 for lvl 91 targets, 0.6 for lvl 92 targets, and 0.5 for lvl 93+ targets.
    This is what they're doing for Fangs of the Father, I assume something similar would be in place for leveling as well, and even if they didn't, Hl-rod is only 3-4k behind the legendary, I'd replace it with anything greater than 4k spell power.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    When I've been running Dragon soul lately, I notice that the staff's procs only make up a very minimal amount of my total damage ~1-3% at times.

I guess it won't really make a difference what you use to level 90 anyway, in which it won't be viable to use it while raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticRox View Post
    When I've been running Dragon soul lately, I notice that the staff's procs only make up a very minimal amount of my total damage ~1-3% at times.

I guess it won't really make a difference what you use to level 90 anyway, in which it won't be viable to use it while raiding.
    Which spec? Only the procced dot ticks show up as Wrath of Tarecgosa, everything else just shows up as another cast of the procced spell. Meaning that something like destro has almost no Wrath procs on the logs after a fight since it only has Immolate as a dot now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which spec? Only the procced dot ticks show up as Wrath of Tarecgosa, everything else just shows up as another cast of the procced spell. Meaning that something like destro has almost no Wrath procs on the logs after a fight since it only has Immolate as a dot now.
    That could explain why it seems so low then. I was in destruction spec for most of the times I was looking at the log. Just ran a dungeon as affliction and it does seem a lot higher. I guess I've been reading the damage meters wrong then!

When our spriest first got his, we went to the target dummies and switched to combat log mode. I would punctuate each mind blast with a blood boil, so we would know for sure. Just as was stated above, we never saw anything labelled wrath of tarcegosa- we would just see him sometimes cast a second mind blast coincident with the first.

As was stated, only the procced dot damage is there. The only way to figure out what the legendary is actually doing is to find the proc rate for your spec, and then reverse engineer!

Deleted
    It's something I maybe should have looked into a long time ago. Thanks for the information though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baver View Post
    Even less is still better DPS than none at all, though. You have to factor both into account when calculating.

The legendary still would win out because the stat increases are too minimal overall as opposed to even a 20% reduced proc chance. The stat increases would need to be higher to compensate. At 90 you should definitely be finding something in that range.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

i will never replace an orange with a green out of sheer respect for an orange weapon.

Deleted
    DTR proc is more then 1k spell power for me

I fail to see why stats while questing are important.

Deleted
    The proc will be less than 1% at 87 so replace it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably replace it with a blue after 2-3 levels but till level 90 it shouldn't matter that much if you use a quest green or your legendary

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    i will never replace an orange with a green out of sheer respect for an orange weapon.
    i second that
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    When our spriest first got his, we went to the target dummies and switched to combat log mode. I would punctuate each mind blast with a blood boil, so we would know for sure. Just as was stated above, we never saw anything labelled wrath of tarcegosa- we would just see him sometimes cast a second mind blast coincident with the first.

As was stated, only the procced dot damage is there. The only way to figure out what the legendary is actually doing is to find the proc rate for your spec, and then reverse engineer!
    Or for the spells that don't proc WoT just count how many times you actually cast it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    i second that
    I might even wait to replace it with an epic ... depending on how massive the dps difference is.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.