Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Guild Wars 2 gameplay in one sentence.

Guild Wars 2 is highly enjoyable if you are the kind of person who focuses on the quest, rather than the reward.

How would you describe it in one sentence?

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 does everything in it's power to make the endgame zones as tedious and annoying as possible, but has great low level zones.

Deleted
    Most interesting part is the character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    This. A hundred times this.

Madcap fun without the grief!
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    This. A hundred times this.
    Wow has ruined alot of the mmorpg's by making the players believe it is all about rushing to max lvl. The journey itself should be enjoyable.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Not interested in Bach... When I listen to the same Oasis CD I bought some 17-18 years ago.

Put that into context.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Dodge, dodge and DODGE!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Wow has ruined alot of the mmorpg's by making the players believe it is all about rushing to max lvl. The journey itself should be enjoyable.
    First of all, Its the players attitude for being first, that made people rush max lvl, not wow.
    Second, world of warcraft leveling was more fun to me atleast then leveling my necromancer to lvl 80, yes events are nice, but doing same hearts all the time is annoying as hell, wow leveling (when you dont rush it) is fun, its got amazing lore, and quests are much more versatile (Post cataclysm).
    Third, you have no idea how fun it is to race to World first/Realm first - Max lvl and how satisfying it is.
    Stop bashing wow, have a nice day.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Rubbish - the old and first mmorpgs which were all about grinding did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post

Not a fan of GW2... I've never even played it... but this video is useless... just shows some jack ass spinning his camera really fast to try and make GW2 look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT:
    Very true indeed. Especially for music. Since I bought my DT880s I noticed that there really is a big difference between listening to music and LISTENING to music.

Guild Wars 2 has awesome music and the low level areas are designed with a lot of love. This may sound silly, but the beauty of the landscapes and the music were the main two things that kept me going. Orr took that away.

One of my favourite pieces in GW2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2XhsXNdv3g

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Rubbish - the old and first mmorpgs which were all about grinding did that.
    WoW does put a lot of emphasis on endgame, made slightly more obvious with blizzard speeding up the leveling process each expansion. While leveling wasn't exactly fun in old MMOs, I wouldn't say rushing to max level was the focus. Maybe I remember them wrong, or played the wrong ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Not a fan of GW2... I've never even played it... but this video is useless... just shows some jack ass spinning his camera really fast to try and make GW2 look bad.
    But that is how the game looks? How is he a jack ass for demonstrating something for what it is? I would understand if he was using photoshops or whatever but that is the actual game itself and how it looks?!

OT: Guild Wars 2 - Where all the serious and good players go to avoid a bad-mouthing community but still ends up bad-mouthing all other games that is not gw2.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    WoW does put a lot of emphasis on endgame, made slightly more obvious with blizzard speeding up the leveling process each expansion. While leveling wasn't exactly fun in old MMOs, I wouldn't say rushing to max level was the focus. Maybe I remember them wrong, or played the wrong ones.
    Bunch of the old mmorpgs had a feature that allowed you to reach a high level just by spamming a command or talking to your trainer - because the leveling bit was a feature no one liked.

Deleted
    better than wow

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Agreed that the camera issues are balls, but is that really enough to make you give up on it? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    But that is how the game looks? How is he a jack ass for demonstrating something for what it is? I would understand if he was using photoshops or whatever but that is the actual game itself and how it looks?!
    Who really plays like that? Spinning their camera around stupidly fast and that erratically?

My house mate bought it, and I've watched him play, and from what I've seen the movement looks fluid, he said it's not on par with WoW, but its easily equal to SWTOR.