Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why not bring the Naxx mounts back Blizz?

This is the one case of mount removal I don't understand. You bring transmog into the game, which was a brilliant idea and inticed players to revisit old instances to mix and match gear. You've never removed any other mounts that have Metas to my knowledge so why these two? Is it a law for something that you guys will never simply put the same mount back into the game? Like I said, you don't have to go readding pvp or even togc mounts, taking those away makes some form of sense. Removing these drakes while leaving every other gen of the the same kind of meta drakes does not imo and for all the times I've been on these forums and simply just read, I really just want an answer instead of a simple yes or no. You know how much more love naxx would get if you added them both back in? Even as a rare drop off some boss would get people revisiting the ol place. I'm a loyal player who goes with most of your new decisions and think you re doing a great job! So at least give us Naxx drake lovers an answer

Deleted
    Why not post on official forums? This is not a place to contact Blizzard, this is a fan-site. You won't get any answers here from them, only other players. And that doesn't mean anything...

I'm still bitter about the removal of the ZG tiger. They removed it for no reason, their new ZG quest zone sucked, so then they turned it into an annoying instance with new ZG mounts that just aren't as cool. They brought back the same ZA bear basically so why did they change the ZG tiger? The panther is cool but I still get pissed whenever I see someone with the tiger. I farmed that every lock-out for about a year and never saw it drop so I can't forgive Blizzard for dying me the opportunity to farm it. I do believe that if we weren't around back then, it contradicts Blizzard's claim that they want everyone to be able to access content yet they do stuff like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    They brought back the same ZA bear basically so why did they change the ZG tiger?
    The bear is just as much the old bear as the panther is the old tiger.

Do you guys want scarab-lords flooding the servers too?

Deleted
    I am almost 100% sure you will get a better response from the official forums rather than posting on a forum that blizzard has nothing to do with

Deleted
    I think you have posted this a little bit wrong. Blizzard doesn't read and respond to posts here. Better of posting on their forums on Battle.net.

But yeah, it would be nice if they brought back some of the older mounts (Zul Gurub tiger comes to mind) but then again, isn't that something that makes a person that have it unique and stand out a little? I'm not talking about the general "Oh, I'm a vanilla veteran, I got this and this, and I'm awesome" attitude etc, but brings out something small for that person to be proud and happy about. That he back in the days was able to be a part of it. I know I feel that way about my Undying title, and a little bit with my Rusted Proto Drake/Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, (even though both are still available in game).

What does everyone else think?

I've got no problem doing them as 1% drops off the old bosses. Don't know why they don't tbh.

I don't know why they don't bring back some of the old titles too. Most title removed are specific to their purpose, but "The Immortal" ? I want it, it has as much to do with being lucky to have played at that specific time then it does about skill. Maybe if they did a new "immortal" achievement for a tier in each expansion. I'm sure if they'd done an Immortal achievement for Heroic Firelands when that was relevant it would be just as difficult to have got as the original.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaycy View Post
    I think you have posted this a little bit wrong. Blizzard doesn't read and respond to posts here. Better of posting on their forums on Battle.net.

But yeah, it would be nice if they brought back some of the older mounts (Zul Gurub tiger comes to mind) but then again, isn't that something that makes a person that have it unique and stand out a little? I'm not talking about the general "Oh, I'm a vanilla veteran, I got this and this, and I'm awesome" attitude etc, but brings out something small for that person to be proud and happy about. That he back in the days was able to be a part of it. I know I feel that way about my Undying title, and a little bit with my Rusted Proto Drake/Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, (even though both are still available in game).

What does everyone else think?
    Not rly, if ur unlucky with drop and didn't obtain it. Tough luck but why put it there in first place then remove it and resigned it? Guess ppl want to be "special snowflake"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Not rly, if ur unlucky with drop and didn't obtain it. Tough luck but why put it there in first place then remove it and resigned it? Guess ppl want to be "special snowflake"
    Likewise, aren't you wanting to be "special" by having your tiger?

There's nothing wrong with having something no one else has, I'd argue a better approach might be to cycle through more mounts, introducing and removing them - letting every player have SOMETHING that they can call special, something they can sit on and say "yeah, I was around when this was available, and worked for it".

Not sure how I'd feel about them being added as a 1% drop, they were part of the meta - as long as ulduars drakes are still attached to the meta, I think the naxx ones should be too if they're introduced.

I'd much rather see challenge mode raids - scale people down to the raids level, let them get it from that. Would make an interesting incentive to go and do them if you got a cool mount out of it.

Black Market Auction House..... nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    Black Market Auction House..... nuff said.
    The vast majority of people cannot afford the BMAH prices, rare mounts will be selling for hundreds of thousands of gold.

Deleted
    Bringing them back would mean Blizz made a mistake and acted illogically and inconsistently.

Why not just let all people have 200k gold, every achievement in-game, all pets,mounts, titles, the best gear, all legendary weapons, and what not?

then the game will be fun to play, yaay!

No.

I've played wow for over 6 years now, i've been extremely hardcore with 18 hours playing a day, i've gotten realm first and progressed as rank 1.
    I've got multiple items that you can't get anymore INCLUDING Nax proto drake, why do I have this mount you ask? because I damn worked for it.

I screamed when I killed Kel Thuzad without anyone dying, because I got a proto drake very very very few had. This made me so happy, and when I got Time-lost Proto drake, the same feeling, because I WORKED for it..

I worked for ulduar mounts and ICC mounts aswell, while it still was "hard" and now I see EVERYONE with these mounts, and the title from Algalon, it's ridiculous seeing it, and I don't look at these people like they've achieved something, no.. they just farmed it when it was easy, they might have 1 wipe, because it was their first time there and they didn't know that fire on the ground is bad.

On the other hand, if i'm looking for someone to join my party for whatever i'm doing, if I see them with a Naxx mount I already know that he is experienced and has played for a long time since it's years ago, so I trust him there already, he has worked for his respect and he shall have it from me.
    (Though I want to say Zul aman mount, everyone payed to get boosted for it and it was shit easy, so that doesn't say anything to me)

My point is, when you put as much time and effort like I do, I like to get rewarded for it, and I like to show it off, with my nax drake, I LIKE people to get jealous of it and then go complain on forums because they want it too, until Blizz actually puts it back in the game.. if that happens I will unsubscribe instantly, no matter how good MoP will be.

The same with PvP mounts should be with PvE mounts.. people fight for it, they get it and keep it. People who don't do shit they don't get anything.

It's just hard to explain to noobs (kids) or whoever is complaining, that these mounts and titles are a part of who we are in the gaming community, if everyone has it, we're like everyone else, we don't want that, that's why I play video games, in the real world, we're all the same, equal. In video games I want to be what I can't be in the real world, I want to be the biggest badass of them all!

Blizzard will come with stupid excuses like "well some people don't have the same time as you do, or have what it takes to put the same effort in it, so we will give them everything later"

In that case, those people do NOT deserve it..

It's like going to the GYM and complaining to God that others get a 6 pack and big arms, but you can't because you're to lazy and you don't have time because of your work, then God gives you all 6 pack and big arms and what not....

then everyone in the GYM will go crazy that you got a 6 pack in 1 week where they worked for it for a year... it's not fair or morally right.

"God being a metaphor for Blizzard"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahngis View Post
    snip
    So you admit you play 18 hours a day, you want people to be jealous of you in game, then call people names when they can't put the same kind of commitment into the game you can.

You my friend, are what is wrong with the WOW community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Likewise, aren't you wanting to be "special" by having your tiger?

There's nothing wrong with having something no one else has, I'd argue a better approach might be to cycle through more mounts, introducing and removing them - letting every player have SOMETHING that they can call special, something they can sit on and say "yeah, I was around when this was available, and worked for it".

Not sure how I'd feel about them being added as a 1% drop, they were part of the meta - as long as ulduars drakes are still attached to the meta, I think the naxx ones should be too if they're introduced.

I'd much rather see challenge mode raids - scale people down to the raids level, let them get it from that. Would make an interesting incentive to go and do them if you got a cool mount out of it.
    The main reason they won't cycle mounts now are the meta-achievements for mount ownership. With those achievements, cycling mounts out of the game gives an "advantage" to those that are continuously subbed from day 1 to whenever is current. They then either have to make reward mounts for a small group of people that can possibly achieve it, thanks to removed mounts, or leave those people with nothing but 10 achievement points to show for having a ton of mounts.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The vast majority of people cannot afford the BMAH prices, rare mounts will be selling for hundreds of thousands of gold.
    Y-you mean people might actually have to work for their 100% chance at a rare mount? Gosh!

Sounds fine to me, you'd be paying to remove all of the time, effort and chance involved in getting a rare mount and, in some cases, paying for something that you can no longer obtain to boot - it should cost an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The main reason they won't cycle mounts now are the meta-achievements for mount ownership. With those achievements, cycling mounts out of the game gives an "advantage" to those that are continuously subbed from day 1 to whenever is current. They then either have to make reward mounts for a small group of people that can possibly achieve it, thanks to removed mounts, or leave those people with nothing but 10 achievement points to show for having a ton of mounts.
    As long as their are enough currently obtainable mounts to get said achievement, I don't see it as a problem - considering how long it takes them to add a new pet / mount achievement, there's usually plenty of excess room. I can't say I'm that big a fan of blizzards current achievement system either - the halloween mask one for example, it was only 10 points, wasn't required for the meta, it was just retardedly hard to get - but was then changed to be possibly the easiest achieve I've ever seen. I don't think there's a problem with achievements that take years to gain provided they offer no player power.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2012-09-23 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Y-you mean people might actually have to work for their 100% chance at a rare mount? Gosh!

Sounds fine to me, you'd be paying to remove all of the time, effort and chance involved in getting a rare mount and, in some cases, paying for something that you can no longer obtain to boot - it should cost an arm and a leg.

As long as their are enough currently obtainable mounts to get said achievement, I don't see it as a problem - considering how long it takes them to add a new pet / mount achievement, there's usually plenty of excess room. I can't say I'm that big a fan of blizzards current achievement system either - the halloween mask one for example, it was only 10 points, wasn't required for the meta, it was just retardedly hard to get - but was then changed to be possibly the easiest achieve I've ever seen. I don't think there's a problem with achievements that take years to gain provided they offer no player power.
    Hence why I put "advantage" in quotes. I think it's silly, but it's Blizzard's rationalization.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

[QUOTE=RICH1471;18532930]So you admit you play 18 hours a day, you want people to be jealous of you in game, then call people names when they can't put the same kind of commitment into the game you can.

I have played 18 hours a day when I was hardcore raiding, I don't even play 5 min a day atm..

Why shouldn't I want people to be jealous?

Be admired, or die admiring...

Don't really call people "names" noobs are new beginners, not a big deal, and kids are kids, where do I call them "names" ?

My friend, I consider myself and players like me, the only thing left of the REAL wow community.

if playing 18 hours a day or whatever it will be, then all of the High warlords in vanilla were what was wrong with wow community??

15+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of mount removals, I think anyone with the Zandalar Exalted FoS should get sent the old ZG Tiger and Raptor. I personally think that would be a wonderful idea.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Drahngis;18533012]
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So you admit you play 18 hours a day, you want people to be jealous of you in game, then call people names when they can't put the same kind of commitment into the game you can.

I have played 18 hours a day when I was hardcore raiding, I don't even play 5 min a day atm..

Why shouldn't I want people to be jealous?

Be admired, or die admiring...

Don't really call people "names" noobs are new beginners, not a big deal, and kids are kids, where do I call them "names" ?

My friend, I consider myself and players like me, the only thing left of the REAL wow community.

if playing 18 hours a day or whatever it will be, then all of the High warlords in vanilla were what was wrong with wow community??
    Noobs are not new beginners, those are newbies. Noob is a derogatory name implying someone is just plain bad.