Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you still play Yu-Gi-Oh?

Aside from the banned gimmicks introduced following the GX series end, Yu-Gi-Oh in it's standard 1v1 PvP format is one of the most successful and popular card game series to exist. It is still played competitively in real tournaments for prizes, and casually played through various online means such as Skype.

That being said, the game is very, very old. Also, despite it's high competitive popularity, walking around in brazen public and seeking out duels will usually make people think you're a tool or nerd.

Do you still play the game, be it casual or serious?
    Last edited by Salandrin; 2012-09-23 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Aside from the banned gimmicks introduced following the GX series end, Yu-Gi-Oh in it's standard 1v1 PvP format is the most successful and popular card game series to exist. It is still played competitively in real tournaments for prizes, and casually played through various online means such as Skype.

That being said, the game is very, very old. Also, despite it's high competitive popularity, walking around in brazen public and seeking out duels will usually make people think you're a tool or nerd.

I still play, and enjoy doing so very much, but you're very wrong. It's not the most successful or popular card game. That accolade really can only go to magic, the gathering. Having siblings who play magic on a high competitive level, you start to realise how much of that stuff is going on, with squillions of worldwide tournaments.

I used to play it like 8 years back, back then it was pretty popular. Every day at school during recess, we used to play the cardgame aswell. Back home, my brother was also interested and started making his own deck aswell. My deck had like, 100+ cards, but the decks had no card limit.

Nowadays, I haven't seen anything of Yugioh for a very long time. I never really liked the generations that came after the first one. I dont like the TV series aswell, and even the first generation wasn't that good on TV. I still have some of my old Game Boy Yugioh games, and I've easily played over 100 hours with them.

Good old times...

10+ Year Old Account
    on dueling network

Ahh Yu-Gu-Oh, I used to play it a lot when it was new I still have all my cards though so that's cool but I don't play it anymore. I used to love smelling the pack of cards when I first opened them up I still remember that smell lol.

I used to not in years however, my mum "accidentally" threw away my cards many years ago, its a shame cause I had quite the collection.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

not anymore, used to be awesome though lol

I haven't played yu-gi-oh since the 9th grade back in 04. I used to play it a lot with a few friends, also went to a few tournaments.

I use to, but there weren't many people to play with. I have so much time put in those old gameboy games though. I really miss em.

Not since elementary school. Skelington only had his brother to play with and they banned cards of all kinds from schools around here when it hit its peak in popularity. He has a fond memory of making some fat kid cry on the playground after winning his Harpy Lady's Sisters card because he insisted on one of those "winner gets the rarest card" duels like a week before the ban.

I used to play with a deck revolved around Toon World and it's associated monsters. I also had numerous backup cards to prevent Toon World's destruction, or cards that dramatically assist it like Thousand Eyes Restrict.

Do you remember your decks?

I feel like such a nerd remembering this. I ran a Dark Magician deck, that ran around fusing it with Buster Balder. Using the Skilled White/Dark Magicians to get them out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    I feel like such a nerd remembering this. I ran a Dark Magician deck, that ran around fusing it with Buster Balder. Using the Skilled White/Dark Magicians to get them out easily.
    When I looked up to see what Buster Blader was again, I got a nostalgia epidemic when I saw that card image again for the first time in half a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I haven't played the game in years. I used to play quite a lot (and my wife played the game as well), collected the cards and built sets as well, eventually completing most of the USA-released sets from Legend of Blue Eyes up through Tactical Evolution (if I keep names straight). I still have them, many of the cards being 1st Edition. I even oversaw the weekend activities of the Duelist League at a previous job, and attended Sneak Preview weekends every chance I had. However, around the time that Upper Deck got it into their heads to start short-printing cards, making some bloody impossible to get without forking over what would be a month's rent (at the time), my interest began to wane. The sneak preview weekend for the set that introduced the "Synchro" and "Tuner" monsters was the last straw for me, after getting abysmal pack-pulls in the span of 6 to 10 entries I think it was? At that point, my wife and I bowed out of playing Yu-Gi-Oh and haven't played since, except for the rare moment when I boot up my PSP (original) and play the one GX game that I have for it.

2. Remember them? I still have at least one of them still sitting in a deck-box nearby. My Wind-themed deck that revolved around the Harpie Lady cards, Harpie Queen/Harpie's Hunting Ground and incorporated Raiza the Wind Monarch. That was the last deck I actively played, my fondest memory being a pair of duels in which I played against a prodigy from the Duelist League at my old job. His name is Paulo, and we ended up splitting the duels as he won the first and I made a come-from-behind victory in the second duel. Great memories.

I also remember running previous decks like BLS (Envoy of the Beginning) and Chaos Emperor Dragon (Envoy of the End), along with a Water-themed deck that made extensive use of Level Limit Area - B in addition to Messenger of Peace. I created such madness with that deck. =)

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I used to play it like 8 years back
    God I feel old now :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would still play but I don't have anyone to really duel at all. I have an account on dueling network, but I am always nervous of making a fool of myself. I am very confident in my deck though. It is fire based, with a decent bit of trap cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

When I looked up to see what Buster Blader was again, I got a nostalgia epidemic when I saw that card image again for the first time in half a decade.
    It was a cool card. I loved getting Dark Paladin into play with Jinzo out, once that happened it was pretty much game over.

I do with a friend of mine when we are both home from law school and our job during holidays. Last two decks I made were a Kaiba and Yugi deck. oh so much fun,

10+ Year Old Account
    my deck was chaos emperor dragon

I played the card game a few times and watched the first tv series as well.

I do from time to time play it on my sg2 gba emulator.

Its a nice game but doesnt beat others. Beyblade was better. I think mine is still somewhere in my house.

Man this stuff takes me back !