Poll: Do you consider yourself an Alliance player, a Horde player, or do you play both?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you play one faction or both?

Having this conversation in another thread. People making comments about "you Horde players..." and "you Alliance players..." and I said that was silly because most of us play both. This was challenged and I was told to speak for myself, they expected most choose one faction only. So I am checking my assumptions. Do you consider yourself an Alliance player, a Horde player, or do you enjoy playing alts in both?

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2024-02-10 at 08:07 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I only play alliance. I find that the races in the horde are evil in traditional fantasy worlds and they have so far not been successful in distinguishing the horde from villains. That may change when I need to create a new toon. I played one hordie alt during bfa because that expansion is really different for ally and horde, and especially being able to spy for and against sylvanas really picked my curiosity but haven't since.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    I only play alliance. I find that the races in the horde are evil in traditional fantasy worlds and they have so far not been successful in distinguishing the horde from villains. That may change when I need to create a new toon. I played one hordie alt during bfa because that expansion is really different for ally and horde, and especially being able to spy for and against sylvanas really picked my curiosity but haven't since.
    I don't think of most Horde as villains. Certainly not Taurens, who are almost always presented as peaceful nature lovers. Thrall, Baine, Saurfang, and others have frequently worked across the faction divide to do good things.

Both. Matter less now as there is not much different between faction stories these days but you gotta be a an undead warlock. Most of my toons are Alliance tho.

80% horde. I love my Tauren, easily the most honourable and noble race in WoW.
    Now that that guilds are cross faction, I have got an alliance character I can play more of. An evil human shadow priest, naturally.

I do both. These days I seem to end up playing Alliance but I'm eternally a Hordie at heart.

I feel like you just sort of miss out if you don't at least have some characters on the other faction, both with race choices and with story.

I swear the same folks around here who scream about warcraft not being an immersive RPG are the same folks who act like it was their actual house that burned down with Darnassus
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I do both. These days I seem to end up playing Alliance but I'm eternally a Hordie at heart.

I feel like you just sort of miss out if you don't at least have some characters on the other faction, both with race choices and with story.
    That's how I started playing both sides, to see more of the story. Nowadays all my alts on both sides feel like old friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I swear the same folks around here who scream about warcraft not being an immersive RPG are the same folks who act like it was their actual house that burned down with Darnassus
    I definitely felt some attachment to Darnassus. My very first wow toon was a Nelf hunter. I recently found him again (had thought he was lost) on an Oceanic server I forgot I used to play on.

I play both because I couldnt care less.
    Once you wear armor and finish any 'faction specific' quests, its all the same game.

The only reason I 'chose' a faction was back in BFA for the achievements/campaign.
    Other than that, couldnt care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Funny thing is the vast majority of complaints I saw about that were from Horde players who were upset their faction was unfairly being portrayed as "evil".

Both. I play every class at max level and have seven classes on Alliance and six on Horde (plus a bunch of other alts in both factions that I don't play much at all).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I like seeing the story from both sides, though frankly horde cities almost always suck.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I have played both races at one point or another, but for the most part I just stick with Alliance, especially now that you're not actively screwed anymore for endgame.

I really do like Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, but not as much as Night and Void Elfs and gnomes so there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I like seeing the story from both sides, though frankly horde cities almost always suck.
    Seems like they've killed that off though besides heritage armor quests. There hasn't been any faction specific content/questing since the start of Shadowlands if I remember correctly. Before that we had a lot of faction specific content in EVERY expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not playing both factions is rather silly at this point

Even if the Horde does have the interesting ones, the Alliance still has good races such as Dwarves. Or Dark Iron dwarves
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I have played both races at one point or another, but for the most part I just stick with Alliance, especially now that you're not actively screwed anymore for endgame.

I really do like Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, but not as much as Night and Void Elfs and gnomes so there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like they've killed that off though besides heritage armor quests. There hasn't been any faction specific content/questing since the start of Shadowlands if I remember correctly. Before that we had a lot of faction specific content in EVERY expansion.
    Entirely correct.
    I have been scouring old expansions for stuff i missed on my horde alt for that reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Not playing both factions is rather silly at this point

Even if the Horde does have the interesting ones, the Alliance still has good races such as Dwarves. Or Dark Iron dwarves
    You just have beard envy

Imagine though: Trolls with all the dwarf beard styles.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I try to play both but since I have so little time I stick with the Horde. And I prefer Horde because they have imo bigger variety when it comes to styles. And I love OG Horde. Especially Trolls.

Alliance was really bland to me, but with Dark Irons around they seems to have finally something cool.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Both, most especially in expansions with a split experience such as MoP, WoD, and BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I've always played both factions exactly so I could see each side's unique custom zones and experiences, knowing that the overall story weaves the two sides together. Not always successfully but still.

For stuff like the Landfall campaign it was basically required to get the full picture.

Also OP don't worry, this absolutely isn't the first time the person you're talking about was just talking out of their ass and objectively incorrect.

When I played, I played both factions equally. My main guild was on Alliance though, and they tried to peer pressure me into devoting more time to my Alliance "main", but I always had the most fun playing both factions. I had an Alliance main and a Horde main and then an army of alts on both sides. The best part was jumping on my Horde main and targeting my Alliance guild mates during Wintergrasp with tenacity.

i'm bi-factional. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)