Spriest leveling

I'm going shadow to level from 85-90...

I have mainly all holy gear from 8 months a go.. 378 ilvl. Terrible gear but that's all I have and was aimming for server first priest :>

I reforged all my holy spirit gear to haste but than I got thinking, why would I need haste when questing, it's not like I'm raiding..

Was wondering, I know haste is king for shadow however when leveling and mobs should be dying faster, should I aim for crit or mastery? I don't think haste will help too much leveling wise.. I could be wrong, any shadow priests out there going for realm first want to give me a tip or two?

10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling-friendly talents (and the main spells vs ~300k HP mobs) all have approximately equal stat scaling to haste, crit and mastery. IMO, only important consideration is how much hit you choose to take. You only need 6-9% for level +0 to +1 mobs, but as you level, your hit rating will devalue. I'm personally keeping my raid-ready hit rating on the assumption that as it degrades I will not need to spend time reforging into more.

Cheers espoire for your reply, appreciate it a lot.

so from what I got from your post is that it won't really matter if I reforge to haste crit or mastery? even if my gear is full holy / spirit gear around 378ilvl?

Haste and mastery both lose their value if targets don't live long enough for dots to expire.
    I would probably go for crit, but I doubt it matters much really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the starter mobs have 200k HP, and the ones one level up from there have 300k. Sounds like enough to bother with DoTs to me.

Depends on how you plan to do your questing. If you are going to multi-pull with dots then I would stick with haste since your dots are going to be on targets longer, so more damage, and you'll probably want the extra tick or two of renew on yourself. If you are single pulling then stack crit and get a slightly faster kill.

If you are going for realm first you're probably not going to have time to fuss over stats outside of what you re-forge to prepare, so really, it probably doesn't matter what you decide on much.

edit - Also, just ignore your hit considerations. If you have full spirit gear, you're not going to be able to reforge enough of it out to not have a ridiculously high hit %.