10+ Year Old Account

Quick Pandaren question.

Heyya! thinking of rolling a Pandaren Monk on an RP server for some 'Wise Old Master' type RP fun.

But when I was sorting my backstory, doing a bit of research there was one fairly important peice of info that I couldn't find, was hoping someone here could help.

What is the average life expectancy of a Pandaren? Are they particularly Long Lived? Chen seems to have been around for ages, but is that just Plot Armor, or do Pandaren live for a very long time?

I wanted to play a 'wise old master' type character, but what would be considered old? would 60 be considered still a child, teen, old man, or a freak who has lived years longer than they should have?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this information exists yet. However, consider the following;

Our characters live in a world with immortal Draenei, thousands year-old nightelves, and hundreds year-old blood elves.
    Yet for example, I play my 207 year old dwarf as a grizzled war veteran and crotchety wise old guy.
    If he was a night elf, he'd be something like a teenager.

I think the first snippet of wisdom your Wise Old Master should share is that age does not beget wisdom. :P
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Seeing threads like this where you guys work up back stories and the like makes me wish I had rolled a character on an RP server.
    Can you guys recommend a good RP server? Might have to give it a try for this expansion.

Deleted
    you get wisdom from how long you have lived, not from how close you are death.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I don't think this information exists yet. However, consider the following;

Our characters live in a world with immortal Draenei, thousands year-old nightelves, and hundreds year-old blood elves.
    Yet for example, I play my 207 year old dwarf as a grizzled war veteran and crotchety wise old guy.
    If he was a night elf, he'd be something like a teenager.

I think the first snippet of wisdom your Wise Old Master should share is that age does not beget wisdom. :P

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.wowpedia.org/Age#Races_2
    Pandaren

Adulthood: 80

Middle age: 175

Old: 263

Venerable: 350

Maximum Lifespawn: ??

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    you get wisdom from how long you have lived, not from how close you are death.
    They are essentially one and the same. The longer you live, the closer you are to the average age of death for your race. The only difference is that different races live a longer number of years than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    Seeing threads like this where you guys work up back stories and the like makes me wish I had rolled a character on an RP server.
    Can you guys recommend a good RP server? Might have to give it a try for this expansion.
    We'd need to know what region you play in prior to telling you what server you should roll on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Pandaren

Adulthood: 80

Middle age: 175

Old: 263

Venerable: 350

Maximum Lifespawn: ??
    How the hell did I miss that? I checked the Pandaren page on WoWpedia prior to posting. :<

How the hell did I miss that? I checked the Pandaren page on WoWpedia prior to posting. :<
    It's from the lifespans article. It's got a list of basically every major race in warcraft. Technically it isn't canon, as it's from the RPG books, but it's the only source we have in this regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    It's from the lifespans article. It's got a list of basically every major race in warcraft. Technically it isn't canon, as it's from the RPG books, but it's the only source we have in this regard.
    Hey, in the land of the blind...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanky madgod, that's the exact info I was looking for, I guess I should have checked wowpedia not wowwiki

As for the whole 'age doesn't beget wisdom' thing, that's very true, but it's kinda hard to play an old master when you're RPing 20yrs old I'm guessing about 200 would suit the character perfectly.

/highfive RP types, see you in character

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Hey, in the land of the blind...
    Everyone walks into shit a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Thanky madgod, that's the exact info I was looking for, I guess I should have checked wowpedia not wowwiki

As for the whole 'age doesn't beget wisdom' thing, that's very true, but it's kinda hard to play an old master when you're RPing 20yrs old I'm guessing about 200 would suit the character perfectly.

/highfive RP types, see you in character
    My pleasure sir! See you on the monk forums

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm there alot I just mostly lurk and post pointless questions

In fact while I have you here... two thumbs up on that brewmaster guide good readings in there! I think it needs a cool name though! I would have suggested 'better tanking through alcohol' but I doubt that'd last long or maybe 'drinking to ease the pain' but that's a bit close to the bone no?

This isn't necessarily an answer, but if you missed a great lore event in the Pandaren start zone where Liu Lang's life is discussed, you should read this article describing it:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Liu_Lang

Liu Lang being the original Pandaren wanderer. What we know is that he met Shen-zin Su when he was a young turtle who could support one Pandaren and wandered for five years at a time. Liu Lang continued to do this for a very long time, returning to Pandaria every five years to tell of what he saw, and each time Shen-zin Su was bigger. This kept happening until Shen-zin Su was big enough to support an entire colony of Pandaren, delineated (I assume) by at least the region containing the Wood of Staves, which must have existed at the time Liu Lang's death because that's where he's buried.

Given the nature of Pandaren and his legendary status, it's possible Liu Lang lived far longer than the average Pandaren. Also possible that his legend has become a bit of a tall tale. Either way, it seems he lived for a very long time--hundreds and hundreds of years I would think given the size of Shen-zin Su now.

So, normal Pandaren lifespan is at least a few hundred years, probably consistent with the numbers quoted above from the RPG.