Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should I get Guild Wars 2 or Mists of Pandaria?

I was wondering which one is better, I also have to buy a subscription for WoW so Guild Wars 2 is cheaper for me.
    I have 5 85's on WoW so i'm not new to WoW but I am new to Guild Wars so which one is better?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are different types of games. That is like asking: WoW or Skyrim?
    If you want to try something different, try it. GW2 is worth the money, albeit feeling a bit unfinished at the moment at levels 60~onwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 is very disappointing IMO (NOTICE HOW I SAID IMO) I got bored very quickly, I'd say MoP hands down since Blizzard looks to have turned things around and put a lot of work into the expac.

This thread will probably get closed, just a heads up.

Well MoP standard + month of game time is still cheaper than GW2, but yes MoP will require a monthly sub. Read reviews, and play what you think you will have more fun in?

inb4 WoW > GW2 or GW2 > WoW, it is all subjective

All depends on what you are looking for in a game. If you enjoy raiding and the gear progression end game get WoW, If your into PVP and don't like the "gear treadmill" go GW2.

GW2 is a good game..but it still needs some work.

I personally found there was a big lack of character progression. The end game also seemed rather lacking.
    I am going to keep an eye on it, but for now I am sticking to WoW.

Depends if you want more of the same, or a different experience. IMO GW2 is great fun, has a ton of content and feels fresh and new. Haven't liked what I've seen from MoP at all, and as such it will be the first WoW expansion I won't pick up at launch (or at all).

Also, unless you have very limited cash (in that case, why even consider MoP?), why not get both? When you get to the point where you can raid in WoW, there's not an awful lot left to do on days when you aren't raiding (unless you want to PvP, and GW2 has far superiror PvP), and that's the perfect time to play some GW2!

Deleted
    MOP + subscription is 54 euro for me and Guild Wars 2 is 48 euro for me but the difference is not that big.
    I am probally going to get MOP but I was wondering how the roleplay is in Guild Wars 2.
    Are there roleplay servers and so yes are they active?

Deleted
    Had the same decision to make last week and I finally decided to buy GW and abandon WoW for now. I just don't like the direction MoP is taking the game to and GW is just totally new and different (in a positive way) to me.

Deleted
    I couldnt convince myself to buy gw2 and give it a shot. I dont wanna start from scratch. I like my 85 rogue who is going to DEFEAT EVERY PANDAREN IN HIS WAY. I mean I will live in harmony with everyone...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khodan22 View Post
    MOP + subscription is 54 euro for me and Guild Wars 2 is 48 euro for me but the difference is not that big.
    I am probally going to get MOP but I was wondering how the roleplay is in Guild Wars 2.
    I'm not sure there really are dedicated RP-Servers,

As for which is "better" really depends on how tiered you are of WoW's formula. If WoW's concepts still very much appeal to you then stick with it.

If you want to try something a little more casual, and something that is a little fresher, then give Guild Wars 2 a shot. The thing is, even if you "only" play 3 dozen hours of the game you'll still have gotten your moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by khodan22 View Post
    There are no official ones, but players have named Tarnished Coast(US) and Piken Square (EU) as the unofficial ones.

As far as if they are active or not..all the servers are pretty active last time I was on. If you are asking if the RP community on the servers were active, i have no clue.

http://guildwars2roleplayers.com/

That site might have more info I personally am not much of an RPer (despite being on a PvP-RP server in WoW..lol) so I haven't really read into it much

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say go for GW2 as it's something entirely new as opposed to MoP which will just be a coat of new paint on a 7 year old building. Just don't go in expecting a wow-clone or wow 2.0 or w/e b/c it's pretty different in many ways.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

If you like levelling and discovering, then GW2. If you like doing anything at endgame and the general WoW structure, then go for MoP.

GW2 doesn't have much to do at endgame, it's more of a alt-o-holic game really.

My opinion, get MoP. It's well worth it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    MOP. GW2 is boring.. Very boring.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    MOP. GW2 is boring.. Very boring.
    Oh, I got this!

GW2. WOW is boring.. Very boring.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say MoP for now atleast, I'm not into pvp and pve and "questing" in GW2 isn't all that fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

I would say MoP. Hoping GW2 devs will start to catch up on end game aspect like D3. A game with no end game just doesn't work in this age imo. D3 was fun while it was new but when you finished everything then it became boring. That's why Blizzard is patching end game content into it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-09-24 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, for certain. And no, I won't take the easy path by saying "it's just personal taste".
    Guild Wars 2 at the moment is a better game. It has better graphics, better PvP system, better levelling system, and innovates in so many ways that you can't count then. And it's FREE of that damned subscription fee.
    WoW was an incredible masterpiece, absolutely game changing, when it was released. But now, in 2012, GW2 is quite simply a better game which costs you less money. The choice is a no brainer, really, unless you have personal reasons (i.e.: friends in WoW you really want to play with) which make you stay in MoP.