View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. This poll is closed
  • 0 people will have canceled

316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

158 13.97%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    They'll gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    The link I posted is not the be all and end all of purchase numbers for MoP, but it is the first known source to predict how well this expansion will perform that some find to be credible.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2503...s-of-pandaria/

Again these are not absolute numbers and should be taken only as a reference.
    As a reminder all sales figures are for retail only, and do not include digital sales.
    Don't even take them as references, these figures are bloody useless...
    Box sales decreased as digital sales became more widely available, wow! Any chart or projection that fails to take that into account (as this one does) is inherently useless.

Deleted
    Let me introduce some of you to the most basic, first year of college PLC curve:

WoW has long since peaked and is in a decline, contrary to popular belief this has nothing to really do with quality, infact most products tend to improve as the manufacturer/developer makes tweaks to their creation. Chances are that Iphone 7-9 will be better than early Iphones in terms of speed, features etc but chances are also that Apple will lose ground eventually in the mobile market, that is natural.

Players have always quit WoW, even in classic, but they were replaced by even more new players coming in, thus you saw immense growth year-by-year. That is no longer the case, the game obviously is losing players but the main issue is that those players arent being replaced 1:1 by new players. The game is too old, been tried by most people who either fell in love with it or thought it was the biggest POS ever. There arent many people out there in 2012 who dont know what WoW is or whether they like it or not.

No the game wont die any time soon, no game killed WoW, so all you overzealous fanatics of WoW do not have to defend the game, it will be around for many many years to come. But it has seen its prime long ago, and is in decline, if you can accept that then your jimmies wont get rustled when you see a topic like this or any "negative" topic that you perceive as "OMG TROLLING OUR WOWZERZ!"
    Last edited by mmoc801388ae7f; 2012-09-28 at 04:43 AM.

I believe it's still in their power to slow the decline. Depending on how successful they are it's gonna be between 1.5-3.5m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Let me introduce some of you to the most basic, first year of college PLC curve:

WoW has long since peaked and is in a decline, contrary to popular belief this has nothing to really do with quality, infact most products tend to improve as the manufacturer/developer makes tweaks to their creation. Chances are that Iphone 7-9 will be better than early Iphones in terms of speed, features etc but chances are also that Apple will lose ground eventually in the mobile market, that is natural.

Players have always quit WoW, even in classic, but they were replaced by even more new players coming in, thus you saw immense growth year-by-year. That is no longer the case, the game obviously is losing players but the main issue is that those players arent being replaced 1:1 by new players. The game is too old, been tried by most people who either fell in love with it or thought it was the biggest POS ever. There arent many people out there in 2012 who dont know what WoW is or whether they like it or not.

No the game wont die any time soon, no game killed WoW, so all you overzealous fanatics of WoW do not have to defend the game, it will be around for many many years to come. But it has seen its prime long ago, and is in decline, if you can accept that then your jimmies wont get rustled when you see a topic like this or any "negative" topic that you perceive as "OMG TROLLING OUR WOWZERZ!"
    in wow nerd terms no king rules forever my son so is true with the mmo king but hey if everquest can live off its subs for this long then i see no end to wow coming soon.
    but they can slow the process of decline if they are willing to put there all into it like they seem to be doing with mist of pandaria and keep it at that level.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

1-2,000,000 subs will be lost if it's as bad is Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who votes for 0 subs canceled is just a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    They're not trolling, they're just in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    The link I posted is not the be all and end all of purchase numbers for MoP, but it is the first known source to predict how well this expansion will perform that some find to be credible.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2503...s-of-pandaria/

Again these are not absolute numbers and should be taken only as a reference.
    They can't even be used as a reference since they say at the end that digital sales are not included. That renders the whole post invalid. If you add in digital sales for Cata, it would probably beat both Wrath and BC since those two didn't have the digital option. Many people bought the digital version of Cata, certainly more than a million.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I vote for 0 people having canceled.
    Typical wow addict fanboy response.

They will lose 3-4 million on this bullcrap panda kid game

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-09-28 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Anybody who posts that the game will lose half it's current base and go to any version of F2P is definitely a troll. There will be a net gain. There will be more than 9 million subs at the end of WoW.

Anyone who calls it a "bullcrap Panda kid game" is also a troll.

Some of the biggest draws for new players will be the pet battles, the farming, and last but not least, the awesome Pandaren race and it's culture.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-09-28 at 09:40 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Anybody who posts that the game will lose half it's current base and go to any version of F2P is definitely a troll. There will be a net gain. There will be more than 9 million subs at the end of WoW.

Anyone who calls it a "bullcrap Panda kid game" is also a troll.
    But it has fluffy pandas, farmville and pokemon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Which will be the three biggest attractions for current and new players. Once you actually play the game and encounter the Pandaren, you find that they are anything but "fluffy". They are worthy Allies and adversaries. Yes they have their comedic and pure entertainment aspects but so do Dwarves, Forsaken, Goblins , and Gnomes.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-09-28 at 10:04 PM.

If increases will be used in the Zero i vote for Zero. Economy should pick up speed after the election when Obama gets a congress that will actually pass legislation again.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Cool and it also has a truckload of other stuff that you failed to take up like outdoor raidbosses 16 bosses on release in the raids. MOP looks like it will be a homerun for Blizzard and they should regain some subs finally.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    They're not trolling, they're just in denial.
    Or they are capable of seeing a good product when it becomes available. the blizzard bashing is nothing new back in TBC we had Waiting On Warhammer was what wow stood for with the anti blizzard group. MOP will be a mega hit no doubt about it. since Economy will recover strongly after the election and the economy was a major blow to why subs was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Which will be the three biggest attractions for current and new players. Once you actually play the game and encounter the Pandaren, you find that they are anything but "fluffy". They are worthy Allies and adversaries. Yes they have their comedic and pure entertainment aspects but so do Dwarves, Forsaken, Goblins , and Gnomes.
    Sorry, but if those things were supposed to be the three biggest attractions to me, I might as well uninstall. I realize people hating on everything gets old, but seriously, why it is so hard for other players to understand that some of us simply do not like the feel of this expansion?

im not voting because there is no gain subs option.

i believe wow will rise back to 10 million at the most 11 million and stabalize around the 8 - 11 million subs for a couple expansions then slowly dwindle down to around 5 - 8 million subscribers for the rest of its lifetime.

this is assuming they dont make any huge changes to things like the graphics engine or gameplay style or do a huge ad campaign with things like warcraft 4 that lead into a new expansion pretty much "rebranding" wow. im not saying wow needs any of those things or that it should im just saying things like that would most likely make a big difference in subs bad or good. and i doubt any of these things will happen anytime soon if ever.

my basis for wow gaining subs is the fact that this is in my opinion hands down the best expansion so far and if they keep the quality of the patches even half as good as launch theres no reason wow wont gain subs other then the mmo market as a whole losing focus
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my basis for wow gaining subs is the fact that this is in my opinion hands down the best expansion so far and if they keep the quality of the patches even half as good as launch theres no reason wow wont gain subs other then the mmo market as a whole losing focus
    I dont know what will happen to WoW subs. Maybe they will gain, maybe they will loose. I dont have a magic ball to look into. However it does not work like you describe it. Even if MoP is the best expansion, a large population of dissapointed people will not even consider to try it. Becouse of previous dissapointments or maybe becouse they are just burnt out with WoW/MMO. Who knows, maybe some of those people would even like MOP if they would play it, but the thing is they wont even consider to give this game such chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    I dont know what will happen to WoW subs. Maybe they will gain, maybe they will loose. I dont have a magic ball to look into. However it does not work like you describe it. Even if MoP is the best expansion, a large population of dissapointed people will not even consider to try it. Becouse of previous dissapointments or maybe becouse they are just burnt out with WoW/MMO. Who knows, maybe some of those people would even like MOP if they would play it, but the thing is they wont even consider to give this game such chance.
    chen is all wow needs to gain more subs O-O chen is the pinnacle of awesome in all of warcraft
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I only said less than 500,000 subs will be canceled instead of 0 is because there's bound to be the few people who quit for stupid reasons like hating pandas or pokemon. I mean, if you hate pandas don't play one, if you hate pokemon don't do it, I mean, it's stupid but people do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero idea, for 5.0 I'd say it end with more than 3m leaving, but what about 5.1 and 5.2?
    What I wish? They get back to wrath days
    What I see? "toilet flush sound", they didn't even upgrade the character you look at every second of day model
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power