View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. This poll is closed
  • 0 people will have canceled

316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

158 13.97%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    A better poll might have been "how high do you think wow's total sub base will be near the end of mop"
    Add in the current value,. and just say itll be 2-3mil lower than the start of mop and you should be fairly accurate.
    It's easier to complain rather than to do something about it. If you dislike the "wording of the poll" then make your own to your liking.

I made this poll the way it is, wording and all because the evidence points to further decline. If this was 2008 this poll would be out of place but in 2012 and with nearly 2 solid years of decline in subscriptions it's slanted toward what you might perceive as a negative connotation because that's where the data trends are headed.

You can't argue with facts...actually you could but you'd be wrong but you certainly could still. It's human nature to want to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Subbing to mmo's is a thing of the past many 2 many coming out subed and having to go F2P or a mix of the 2 and then u get the MMO's that come out F2P/B2P.
    Or how GW2 has done it with P2P.

After seeing how BF3 Premium is going with map packs and more being released in quarters for one price, I'm finding this a heck of a lot better model. One fixed price to play, with the Christmas like feeling of new content quarterly of a MMO. Win-win.

It's the subscription that is the downer. Why mess with it when there's other games that don't require your credit card to play?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I love how this poll doesn't have the option of adding subscibers and pretty much started with the only options being that it would loose subscribers. Somebody is a negative Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I love how this poll doesn't have the option of adding subscibers and pretty much started with the only options being that it would loose subscribers. Somebody is a negative Nancy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    I made this poll the way it is, wording and all because the evidence points to further decline. If this was 2008 this poll would be out of place but in 2012 and with nearly 2 solid years of decline in subscriptions it's slanted toward what you might perceive as a negative connotation because that's where the data trends are headed.
    I love how some post a comment directly addressed and answered a few short posts previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would see it being feasible that the numbers could actually increase, based on how bad Cata was and that there still isn't any MMO that competes with WoW for players. I agree it is inevitable that the numbers will continue to shrink over time as it is a very old game. But right now I think a lot of people will come back and stick around for a while,as MoP is pretty cool and provides so much. People will probably leave over time, but I could see the final number being roughly what it is now. Just because WoW lost a lot in one expansion doesn't mean they will continue to lose, they didn't gain everyone all at once either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Tired of the 7 boss raids, bring us some ICC or Ulduar raid back and ill might actually try pve out again

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Or how GW2 has done it with P2P.

After seeing how BF3 Premium is going with map packs and more being released in quarters for one price, I'm finding this a heck of a lot better model. One fixed price to play, with the Christmas like feeling of new content quarterly of a MMO. Win-win.

It's the subscription that is the downer. Why mess with it when there's other games that don't require your credit card to play?
    GW2 isn't P2P its B2P buy it once play forever only other thing you will buy is the x-pacs just like guild wars 1 and they will still do content updates *just like guild wars 1*.

P2p is mmo's like wow where you pay 15$ a month *a sub* to play it. guild wars 2 is not that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Many will join, and many will cancel, I think it will be the same as before MoP.

By the end of MoP? More like by the end of this week.... seriously this DC'ing and 2 hour queue time could drive someone insane. First world problems etc. but still.

Someone should start an IRC chat room for people in queue...
    Last edited by Marrakech; 2012-09-25 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There was already a thread going about how many people Pandaland would add.

Use the search feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    not looking good right now tbh.
    They're going to need more than what I'm seeing honestly, this just isn't enough. The content reeks of a younger tween target audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    Over 3 million. A tiered subscription model with F2P coming during the end of 2013.
    They would be stupid to go F2P with 5 million people still paying a sub fee. I doubt they ever do go F2P and if they do that will be the day I uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    There was already a thread going about how many people Pandaland would add.

Use the search feature.
    The search feature is a virus for forum trolls they avoid it like a twilight fan avoids sunlight.

Wowsers, there's a lot of deluded people voting in this poll. Seriously, 30% think that not a single person will unsub during MoP??? I'd be very surprised if someone hasn't already cancelled their sub, and it's only been a day, nevermind by the end of the expansion! I'm not saying this to bash the game, it's just highly probable as this expansion is definitely not going to please everyone.

As for how many subs I think will be lost by the end of the expansion, I'd say WoW is definitely going to see a continuing drop off in subs throughout the expansion, not only because the new content does not appeal to everyone, but because there will be so many great alternatives around that offer competitive levels and quality of content but are either free or a one off payment, so I can easily see it lose at least another 3 million by the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They would be stupid to go F2P with 5 million people still paying a sub fee. I doubt they ever do go F2P and if they do that will be the day I uninstall.
    Stupid to go fully f2p yes.

but if they changed the trial to where you get all of Original and TBC for free that could get players hooked and also not limit them on what they can do like guild chat and all. that could work and i can see it happening.

then you would get guilds that like to only do TBC/Original wow raids/content and stop leveling at 60 to stay on par with it ect...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    GW2 isn't P2P its B2P buy it once play forever only other thing you will buy is the x-pacs just like guild wars 1 and they will still do content updates *just like guild wars 1*.

P2p is mmo's like wow where you pay 15$ a month *a sub* to play it. guild wars 2 is not that.
    Yeah, I understand that. But I'm referring to the way BF3 is doing it. It's like GW2, but there's no forcing to pay for extra expansions to enjoy the game. You pay for what content you want to play without penalty with what you're currently playing.

If I could play WotLK without the world updating I'd be happy, but didn't have that option as the world change was forced.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ all of the WoW fanboys voting for zero people.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yeah, I understand that. But I'm referring to the way BF3 is doing it. It's like GW2, but there's no forcing to pay for extra expansions to enjoy the game. You pay for what content you want to play without penalty with what you're currently playing.

If I could play WotLK without the world updating I'd be happy, but didn't have that option as the world change was forced.
    K i took what you said the wrong way then that was my fault.

I personally feel that Original wow and TBC should be free and each x-pac after MOP adds one to the free list and i think it would get new players hooked but hey that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If the game ends up like Cataclysm with weaker and briefer content patches, the losses might be more significant as even more established players get bored and apathetic and take off.
    Hate to burst your bubble... but the sub losses started right from Cata's launch quarter. They didn't just get "bored" of Cata... they hated Cata out the gate.

And need I remind you of Q2 2011's 800k loss, which was the 3 month period when Cataclysm launched in China - which also happened to be the quarter where the most subs lost came FROM CHINA?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was one of the "anti MoP idea", for calling it somehow, I simply didn't like it.

But now, leveling p, SO FAR, it's the BEST designed expansion by FAR.... and I am a BC lover...

Every corner is plain amazing. Now let's see how thigns turn out till the nxt month