10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I don't really use ROP.. it's a different play style then mine.
    Yea im going to try the haste/evo build tonight for HM Garalon and Windlord see if it performs better than RoP

Can someone please tell me the best final talent for Blade Lord Ta'yak. I was trying to use ROP, with very limited success (dps wasn't exciting). I'm checking out Invocation, but find myself pressing Scorch more than anything (at least on the dummies).

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post
    Can someone please tell me the best final talent for Blade Lord Ta'yak. I was trying to use ROP, with very limited success (dps wasn't exciting). I'm checking out Invocation, but find myself pressing Scorch more than anything (at least on the dummies).

Thanks.
    You trying HM or just normal? if its normal RoP should be fine the only time you would have to move is the Slash to stack up...and also if a tornado is coming for you.

Now if its HM its a little tricky to use RoP its possible and easy once you get the hang of it but you have to move more often due to the mechanics so try evo just for the mobility or if you really are doing a high number of pulls learn the placement nuances of the fight.

Here is the WoL of a kill for him and you can see my RoP % isnt the greatest about 60% so you can imagine how much movement is in the fight and i have just started to use Evo for raiding.

Blade Lord Ta'yak

Just wondering, is there any fixed haste breakpoint for arcane? Read about 3035 and also 3056, so it's not really accurate.
    If someone knows/has some kind of table with the haste breakpoints while goblin/not-goblin, (not) raid buffed, etc, I would appreciate if you could post it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go, the table that's been abused by everyone and linked about a trillion times

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=true&gid=39

I would suppose that even in a Mastery build, starting from 5.2 we'll be looking at reaching the second breakpoint with raid haste. For Haste builds the table isn't that important as your goal is to maximize Haste anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Here you go, the table that's been abused by everyone and linked about a trillion times

I would suppose that even in a Mastery build, starting from 5.2 we'll be looking at reaching the second breakpoint with raid haste. For Haste builds the table isn't that important as your goal is to maximize Haste anyway.
    There it is. Thanks!

haste>mastery in 5.2 >_> imo better stack those haste gems. what 2nd breakpoint btw?? for living bomb??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    haste>mastery in 5.2 >_> imo better stack those haste gems. what 2nd breakpoint btw?? for living bomb??
    6414 with raid haste for Nether Tempest.

And I still haven't given up on Mastery but we'll see, I'll go fiddle with the PTR soon.

6414 with raid haste for Nether Tempest.

And I still haven't given up on Mastery but we'll see, I'll go fiddle with the PTR soon.
    thats easy to hit if you use frost armor (im using frost armor when im using NT)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Dear all,

I am trying to find it in this thread but somehow I couldn't. For the 6-charge camping haste-oriented playstyle, do we use pure HASTE gems in all sockets (unless socket bonus is more haste or intellect) ? Or we do stick to hybrid int/haste gems?

Thanks

Deleted
    Hey, i'm trying the haste/invocation play style. Because im a new user to this forum I can't post links..... But my character is Magnesium on Stormreaver-EU.

I'm doing around 70k dps on the raid dummy just self buffed (no-heroism). I have a couple of questions:
    I'm currently using this macro for my arcane power.
    #showtooltip Arcane Power
    /cast Arcane Power
    /use Brilliant Mana Gem
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Alter Time

but apart from the first time I use it its very hard to line up the mana gem(glyphed) with alter time but its really nice with alter time. Should I be using it asap or save it for altertime? obviously that would mean I would have to sit on it for a minute.

Also is there much benefit to the glyph of arcane power? its nice to line that up with altertime everytime as well. I guess it depends on the duration of the fight and if I have long enough to cast my spells for the full duration?

anything else I could change to get better dps?
    Last edited by mmoc6c98aebf2b; 2013-01-14 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Mirror Image from the Macro and cast it on pull or anytime before the macro. It forces a global cooldown that hurts your dps greatly. Instead of Mirror Image, after Alter Time add /cast Arcane Missiles to instantly start casting.

With the Haste build, you can remove Mana Gem from the macro and use it at some more convenient time. But if you are keeping it glyphed then keep it in the macro for the double benefit.

Use Glyph of Arcane Power only on fights that allow stable and uninterrupted 40-second dps phases.

@TeraAkron - yes, the gems you need are Intellect/Haste for red, Haste for yellow and Haste/Hit for blue sockets.

Deleted
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /use Brilliant Mana Gem
    /use Mana Gem
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Berserking <-- or another racial
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Arcane Missiles

Then cast another Arcane Missile (if you had two procs, which is optimum)
    Then, depending on your haste, AB and just before AT expires ABr

do not cast MI here, because your wasting a global at being full mana

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /use Brilliant Mana Gem
    /use Mana Gem
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Berserking <-- or another racial
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Arcane Missiles

Then cast another Arcane Missile (if you had two procs, which is optimum)
    Then, depending on your haste, AB and just before AT expires ABr

do not cast MI here, because your wasting a global at being full mana
    For maximum whoring if you have 2 arcane missile procs it should be Macro->AB->Missles->AB->Abarr not Macro->Missles->AB->AB->Abarr. Reason being is that if you are ever sitting at 300k mana you are doing it wrong and doing two AB's back to back will provide a slight dip in deepz on the second AB due to lower mana by casting two back to back.

The same goes for your standard rotation. If you have two missile procs you should be doing Missiles->Ab->Missiles never Missiles->Missiles->Ab
    Last edited by Tiorda; 2013-01-14 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Haste build that works okay, but for the Mastery build I insist on using 2 x Missiles in a row when at 100% mana, as I explained I think on the previous page of this thread.

Deleted
    are mirror images worth the global cooldown? besides pre-pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a target dummy they do the damage of a 5-Charge Blast crit and this is without raid buffs, flasks or anything. If they crit a few times they're worth nearly double the damage of one single target Nether Tempest which also crits a few times. So yes, they need to be used on cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account
    I insist on using 2 missile procs at 100% mana also.

Mirror Immage is the single best damage per execute we have.

I did usually do Miss > Miss > AB under alter time but I am slowly training myself to do Miss > AB > Miss
    With my haste it's getting to the point where during Heroism if I am very lucky I can actually manage Miss > AB > Miss > Miss > ABarr, which would be much harder to react to if I'd started with missiles back to back

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I insist on using 2 missile procs at 100% mana also.

Mirror Immage is the single best damage per execute we have.
    2nd best..

And on the 100% part, correct me if I'm wrong here, but using the 2nd arcane missiles in a row means you are going to be at ~85% mana when ABarr launches, which negates the gain from using 2nd missiles at 100% mana..