15+ Year Old Account

The reason why some people do AM/AB/AB during AT, is so they can hopefully get another AM proc, resulting in more dps.

Arcane barrage for me at least hits harder than mirrors, but maybe thats cause I only do Abarr when alter time..

IIRC the cast time is of RoP stays identical to your GCD
    It basically is instant, you just can't cast it while moving

Deleted
    I ran Simcraft showing Living Bomb above Nether Tempest singel target with T14H gear, however NT is above LB with T14N gear.

Also ran with 2 targets with T14N gear, LB did 7k more dps than NT.

Haven't read all pages here but I've only seen that everyone use NT.

How come no one use LB?

This is with mastery build and 6-Charge camping using Scorch.
    Last edited by mmoc91aded130e; 2013-01-15 at 01:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelys View Post

How come no one use LB?

Cleave fights, it might pull ahead. Depends on a persons gear.

When you ran simcraft did you set it up right? or just load it and go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because we like the visual more. I'd use Living Bomb maybe on 3+ targets. But even then (Wind Lord), I prefer either NT multidotting or Barrage cleave.

On two targets you need to spend two global cooldowns anyway - LB and then glyphed fire blast or 2 x NT. Is your simulation casting NT on both targets? Because if it's not, then the results will be biased for LB because the explosion is more powerful than the extra effect of NT I believe.

On single target I don't believe that LB should be doing 7k more dps than NT, last time I checked they were completely equal with NT even slightly higher. It's possible that LB scales better with higher gear and that I skipped that information somewhere.

Deleted
    I ran Simcraft showing Living Bomb above Nether Tempest singel target with T14H gear, however NT is above LB with T14N gear.
    2 targets, They didnt multi dot at all. So both LB and NT was used on 1 target and only cleaving the 2nd target.

How come no one use LB?

The graph you're referring to is a damage per execute time, so since Living Bomb has a 1 second GCD, it deals more damage in relation to time spent casting, but results in less DPS than Nether Tempest. It also consumes mana slightly faster for the same reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I changed my mind about Wind Lord... Mastery, Rune of Power, Living Bomb + Glyphed Fire Blast, charging to 6 and Barrage. Later Scorch-camp 6 in phase 2. The damage I did today was shiny funny. With more gear it will be ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Ok I changed my mind about Wind Lord... Mastery, Rune of Power, Living Bomb + Glyphed Fire Blast, charging to 6 and Barrage. Later Scorch-camp 6 in phase 2. The damage I did today was shiny funny. With more gear it will be ridiculous.
    In normal mode, I've always got better results when I was spamming Arcane explosion and using 6stacks barrage while there's enought targets to hit. I know I could've been better if I hadn't forgotten to respec to living bomb & fireblast... And I was a little lazy with NT refresh this week, but somehow managed to get 200k+ dps (but I'm overgeared : 499 ilvl.. no challenge to get high numbers in normal mode).

In heroic mode, I believe what you described is the way to go, just focus Mel'Jarak during the whole fight, clearing the stacks whenever possible and being careful enough to be at 6 when recklessness comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I joined a new guild the other day so hopefully I'll get some heroic progress done (some normal even). Not being a raid leader after nearly 3 years is giving me a whole new refreshing perspective on DPS. It's exciting even to a degree in a psychological way. Hopefully I'll have new insights into Arcane over the coming weeks.

Deleted
    I think I'll get ban, but well cant send private mssgs yet, so who cares....
    (Shanga, sad sam skužila da si iz Hrv, ugl. igram mage-a i neda mi se ovdje tipkat, prelijena sam ... svašta sam probala do sad, aj ako ti se da u igrici javiti, pa da popričamo ..) ...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can find me on Ravencrest, Alliance side. I usually don't give Real ID information to anyone except some closer friends. You can find me in-game on weekdays in the evenings when I'm raiding. I'll answer whatever you need. Other than that, you can continue posting in random places on this forum, but not just spam threads to get to 10 posts and then send me a PM here.

Deleted
    Tnx for reply.... Was just wondering some stuff about reforging... h/m etc considering my 488 ilvl .... playing atm on same realm...

hey guys ive been doing bit of thinking about gems

currently i have only been using int/mast(red) mastery(yellow) mast/hit gem(blue)

since we know 2mastery>1int from the gem wouldnt that mean if we have exp/mastery we could reforge 2(secondary stats)>1int??

for example i use 80int/160mastery gem and have 160hit rating on a gear for hit cap,
    2nd example is i use 160exp/160mastery gem and i have 160 extra rating i can use (either mastery,haste,crit)

from my knowledge i have all my gears reforged into mastery which means will 2hastebe worth over 1 int???

since haste build is viable and haste value is almost equal to mastery so exp/mastery gem would weigh more than int/mastery gem...

looking foward to see some feedback on this~~~
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Does anyone know how to stop cast Evocation in SimulationCraft?

I'm trying to get it to stop casting evocation if mana > 90 but cast < 70

One week of playing the full haste/spam AB/invocation spec I must say I'm very satisfied. Numbers are great, but more importanly, its just a very, very fun playstyle. Did 5/6 MV hc with it, and it worked good on every fight. I'm staying with it!
    Last edited by Dissemoen; 2013-01-18 at 03:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    actions+=/evocation,if=buff.invocation.down&buff.alter_time.down&mana.pct<70 I think.

I've been tweaking around a bunch.

Haste starts to lose value to int/spell power by 35%~ or so.

I'm doing more results and tests today....
    (maybe by mid-next tier I could start ignore everything but int ;D)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wad thinking about using the second NT breakpoint at 6414 or something and focusing the rest on mastery with mage armor.

Unfortunately I can't compare with the other mages coz they outgear me by 10 item levels and they're not stuck with Loshan RF like I am.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I joined my guild I was about 10ilvls behind everyone...

It doesn't take long to gear up... and gear doesn't make that huge of a difference. Just about using what you got, and knowing when and where to be in a fight.