Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    If 518 isn't enough, what ilvl do you think Arcane will become decent?
    If you have been gearing for frost, the full haste invocation build can hold up ay 518 if not lower. What you really want is to have haste to 12684 and then try to hit at least 35% mastery unbuffed. This build requires ROP or IW. I was able to do this at 519.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrod View Post
    If you have been gearing for frost, the full haste invocation build can hold up ay 518 if not lower. What you really want is to have haste to 12684 and then try to hit at least 35% mastery unbuffed. This build requires ROP or IW. I was able to do this at 519.
    I actually have been gearing for fire and I am a LFR'er/casual PvE'er.
    My OS currently is frost, but I was thinking of trying out Arcane (switching out frost),
    because I became curious about the spec.

What you really want is to have haste to 12684 and then try to hit at least 35% mastery unbuffed.
    I'll need to write that down thx =)

My current ilvl is 511 equipped, ilvl 518 bag/bank.
    I have the 'Oondasta 522 chest' in my bag,
    but still use the 't14 483 chest' & '489 valor shoulders' cause I don't have a better shoulder piece,
    and still use the chest and gloves to maintain t14 2pc.(don't have t15 gloves/chest/shoulders)

For arcane I was thinking of the craftable helm as off-piece, also the craftable boots.
    I can also use the haste/mastery belt&ring from Oondasta that I have.
    Since item upgrades are available again, ill try and reach that haste value with what I can get.

Thx again.

Deleted
    Ok any some good advices for my char to improve my DPS ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valefar/simple

My rotation still stay the same.

RoP
    NT on target / 3 targets
    Arcanne Missles when they proc
    ABlast to build up stacks
    ABarrage to finish the rotation.
    --
    Still im on 130-150k DPS which on this item lvl its a bit weak.

My friend as frost with ilvl 526 is doing 190-230K o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    For arcane I was thinking of the craftable helm as off-piece, also the craftable boots.
    I can also use the haste/mastery belt&ring from Oondasta that I have.
    Since item upgrades are available again, ill try and reach that haste value with what I can get.
    I forgot to mention that arcane doesn't really start to shine until you have your 4 set t15.

Quote Originally Posted by valefar View Post
    Ok any some good advices for my char to improve my DPS ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Valefar/simple

My rotation still stay the same.

RoP
    NT on target / 3 targets
    Arcanne Missles when they proc
    ABlast to build up stacks
    ABarrage to finish the rotation.
    --
    Still im on 130-150k DPS which on this item lvl its a bit weak.

My friend as frost with ilvl 526 is doing 190-230K o.O
    Re-read the arcane guide and fix your mage accordingly.

Your gemming is all over the place. And you don't use missles whenever they proc. You want to use them when you're at 4 stacks. The only other time you're using AM procs is when you have 2 of them proc'd and you're at 3 stacks.

Deleted
    Gonna post my thoughts in this dedicated thread (and take my time plowing through the previous pages once I get off work):

I'm 531 geared now, no LMG (rerolled 6 weeks ago, had horrible luck on sigils). I've been doing perfectly fine as Fire in our 25M guild, we are 5/13 and going at Megaera HC tonight. I've got it in my head to try Arcane on our clear on Monday, but it seems like it's not a bad spec for progress Megaera either. (which saves me a very costly respec-regem on my backwater server).

How viable do you guys think the fight is as a mastery-RoP build? Any tips or tricks that I should know of?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Gonna post my thoughts in this dedicated thread (and take my time plowing through the previous pages once I get off work):

I'm 531 geared now, no LMG (rerolled 6 weeks ago, had horrible luck on sigils). I've been doing perfectly fine as Fire in our 25M guild, we are 5/13 and going at Megaera HC tonight. I've got it in my head to try Arcane on our clear on Monday, but it seems like it's not a bad spec for progress Megaera either. (which saves me a very costly respec-regem on my backwater server).

How viable do you guys think the fight is as a mastery-RoP build? Any tips or tricks that I should know of?
    IMO Arcane's better for Megaera than Fire is, but you will definitely miss Fire's mobility. The lack of real ramp-up and potential damage output as Arcane though is very strong there.

Only tip I can give you for now is pre-cast Runes and use Blazing Speed

10+ Year Old Account
    On Megaera your dps depends exclusively on not getting targeted by the special abilities. One is enough to screw you over permanently. That's how we roll.
    My magic will tear you apart.

This may be (prolly is) a stupid question, but with all the recent talk I've seen regarding stat snapshotting with DoTs, do our mastery values for bombs get recalculated per tick? Or as invocane is it worth it for me to wait for full mana to apply my bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    This may be (prolly is) a stupid question, but with all the recent talk I've seen regarding stat snapshotting with DoTs, do our mastery values for bombs get recalculated per tick? Or as invocane is it worth it for me to wait for full mana to apply my bomb?
    Your bomb won't recalculate during the duration, so you're best off casting it at full mana. A quick test on a target dummy will show you this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    On Megaera your dps depends exclusively on not getting targeted by the special abilities. One is enough to screw you over permanently. That's how we roll.
    I expected as much. I'll stay Fire now for our first tries, or our kill if all goes right, but they won't stop me from going Arcane once it's on farm

Hi Everyone!

Well, I've done it. I got the Tier Chest (FINALLY!! It took a lot of convincing to get my Guild's Loot Council to understand that I just couldn't "get" Fire, and they awarded me the Tier Chest), and I've gone back to my original Main Spec of ARCANE!!! (Angels fanning their wings and trumpeting the heavens here... lol).

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lkder/advanced

Now for the big questions:

I've been reading and reading, seeing all the talk about "Haste Build" vs "Mastery Build" and I really haven't a clue about it.

I am very willing to spend hours in the dungeons, LFRs and on the Practice Dummies, but I do need a few pointers, to make sure that I can really get this back and have respectable numbers again.

I worked my tail off trying to learn Fire and never managed to understand or have the "feel" for getting a good Ignite (I also have the worst RNG on the planet), even with all of the amazing help from the folks here on the Forums (Dragon and ZOMGdps, as well as Shangalar, Swizzle, Serene and all of the other regular contributors), so I'm praying that an ilvl of 525 will allow Arcane to work.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelkder View Post
    Hi Everyone!

Well, I've done it. I got the Tier Chest (FINALLY!! It took a lot of convincing to get my Guild's Loot Council to understand that I just couldn't "get" Fire, and they awarded me the Tier Chest), and I've gone back to my original Main Spec of ARCANE!!! (Angels fanning their wings and trumpeting the heavens here... lol).

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lkder/advanced

Now for the big questions:

I've been reading and reading, seeing all the talk about "Haste Build" vs "Mastery Build" and I really haven't a clue about it.

I am very willing to spend hours in the dungeons, LFRs and on the Practice Dummies, but I do need a few pointers, to make sure that I can really get this back and have respectable numbers again.

I worked my tail off trying to learn Fire and never managed to understand or have the "feel" for getting a good Ignite (I also have the worst RNG on the planet), even with all of the amazing help from the folks here on the Forums (Dragon and ZOMGdps, as well as Shangalar, Swizzle, Serene and all of the other regular contributors), so I'm praying that an ilvl of 525 will allow Arcane to work.

Thanks in advance!

Mastery outperforms on multi target while haste slightly edges out on sinlge target. I'm going for a balance between haste & mastery roughly 9.5k of each to bad my gear is way to itemized for fire so I'm stuck with alot of crit aswell but not much to do. I also swap armor depending on fight (mostly single target = Frost armor, cleave/aoe = Mage armor). Your gear seems quite fine for arcane

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm wanting to give Invocane a go this reset since our other mage finally went fire instead of frost due to me consistently beating him on fights and I would enjoy trolling him a little.

It's pretty much the same as 5.1 right, stack haste>mastery>crit, spam AB, dump AM, evocate at around 25-30% mana, rinse/repeat?
    I'm showing I could hit 43% haste and 43% mastery raid buffed, stacking haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    So I'm wanting to give Invocane a go this reset since our other mage finally went fire instead of frost due to me consistently beating him on fights and I would enjoy trolling him a little.

It's pretty much the same as 5.1 right, stack haste>mastery>crit, spam AB, dump AM, evocate at around 25-30% mana, rinse/repeat?
    I'm showing I could hit 43% haste and 43% mastery raid buffed, stacking haste.
    That's pretty much what I've been doing, seems to work for me fairly well for me even with the high crit allocation on my gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm weirdly enjoying the phrases people have invented in MoP.

Marcane, Harcane, Invocane feel free to continur making me happy with the silly stuff

And very well done and thank you to all the people who are constantly testing new builds and rotations and reporting back to the community.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I'm weirdly enjoying the phrases people have invented in MoP.

Marcane, Harcane, Invocane feel free to continur making me happy with the silly stuff

And very well done and thank you to all the people who are constantly testing new builds and rotations and reporting back to the community.

Critvocation. Stack crit > mastery > haste, use invocation, spam AB.
    I'm sure it sucks, but I love to say Critvocation.

If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.

Critvocation. Stack crit > mastery > haste, use invocation, spam AB.
    I'm sure it sucks, but I love to say Critvocation.
    Not as bad as you might think, I used this build earlier in the tier when I was fire MS and just switched to arcane for funsies without switching any gear out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Not as bad as you might think, I used this build earlier in the tier when I was fire MS and just switched to arcane for funsies without switching any gear out
    How are you handling multi target fights like horridon/council as Invocane? I'm guessing do the "normal" rotation of ABx4, AM on proc, dump stacks with Abarr, repeat until buff has around 25 seconds left or so and just burn the remaining mana with AB+AM spam? Naturally with NT on everything that moves, breathes, drops loot or posts on twitter.

Edit- LOL I just noticed that our transmogs are damn near the same(Curse you for having the first mate hat!)

How are you handling multi target fights like horridon/council as Invocane? I'm guessing do the "normal" rotation of ABx4, AM on proc, dump stacks with Abarr, repeat until buff has around 25 seconds left or so and just burn the remaining mana with AB+AM spam? Naturally with NT on everything that moves, breathes, drops loot or posts on twitter.

Edit- LOL I just noticed that our transmogs are damn near the same(Curse you for having the first mate hat!)
    I haven't done a heroic reset as invocane yet since we extended our raid ID this week to get animus, but what I plan to do/have done in LFR is just treat those fights as single target and multidot, which is slightly different than the rotation you posted, what I do is just spam AB and hit AM procs, never dumping charges, when mana gets low I do a half invocation to full mana and repeat, if my buff has less than ten seconds on it and I am low mana I will just refresh early with a full invo, if my buff has less than 5 seconds and I have >50% mana I will Barrage then full invo
    whether this is "correct" or "ideal" who knows but I liked my numbers on consorts and lei shen attempts this week so w/e