Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I was playing Arcane tonight, am a troll, and at 6.8K haste using Frost Armor.
    Even with Zerking and Lust up I wasn't GCD capped >.>

Had a fairly decent night overall; only went Frost for Mel'jarak (25M so Frost better most likely, going to try Arc next week though) and definitely prefer Haste to Mastery, faster casts feels more fun for me ;x
    I dont understand how you could not be GCD capped, I am JUST shy of GCD capping at half of your haste with Berserking

Whats the best 4 piece for arcane? same as fire? Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, with Legs from Shek'zeer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoidha View Post
    Whats the best 4 piece for arcane? same as fire? Head, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, with Legs from Shek'zeer?
    Legs are mastery+haste so why wouldn't u want them? Replace the tier chest piece (crit+haste) with Lei Shi's HC robe instead (hit+mastery).

Thats why i asked what is the best tier for arcane..... thanks for explanation.

So did we ever get a verdict on the scorch weaving at 6 stacks? Should we be doing it or dropping it with Abarr?

Deleted
    What I dont quite get is how to handle Arcane Power and Alter Time. Should I just spam AB and burn AM procs and fire a Barrage with 1 second left after using a Mana Gem or just burn enough mana to go back to X% with a gem and then PoM, Alter Time, burn AM and fire off the Barrage and Alter Time again? (X should be 100 minus the percentage of mana you'll gain while firing AM x2?).

OMG, Shangalar our OP has 666 Posts atm, he's the Devil :O

I've spent so much fucking gold going back and forth with simcraft.

Currently i went all out with haste. Sitting at 9011 haste rating. Simcraft is saying with my current haste it's a 120 dps increase to use frost armor over mage armor. But I would need to get 9498 haste rating to get the 17th tick on NT ( with frost armor ), vs the 15th tick without frost armor, or 16th tick with frost armor.

Not sure If I should aim for the 15th tick with mage armor and put rest of my shit into mastery vs haste.

Simcraft seems to be all over the place atm. So far my highest sim is going with full haste + frost armor.

Deleted
    Log from yesterday. First time 'haste' arcane with suboptimal Fire Gear. It's funny, I think.

Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1b2d9zlyisj9bs65/

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/taerar/K%C3%A1gome/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    So did we ever get a verdict on the scorch weaving at 6 stacks? Should we be doing it or dropping it with Abarr?
    No matter what people are saying, I am going to say no on this one, I have been dropping stacks with barrage and doing massive numbers

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-es...ce/?s=67&e=338

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    OMG, Shangalar our OP has 666 Posts atm, he's the Devil :O
    Hah and I woke up this morning to see a thread that needs to be closed. Wanted to leave it without an explanation (rude) so I can stay at 666, but I'll have to make do with just being the devil's first neighbour not sure about practices arouns the world, but over here home numbers are divided to even on one side and odd on the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    No matter what people are saying, I am going to say no on this one, I have been dropping stacks with barrage and doing massive numbers

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-es...ce/?s=67&e=338
    You're going Mastery build though.
    If you're going Mastery build it's better to drop stacks when you're at ~80% mana, if you're going Haste it's best to stay at 5 stacks as long as possible as Arcane Barrage doesn't hit that hard.

Regards to GCD capping; my Blasts were at 1.05s under Zerking and Lust >.> no idea how you're close :x when I was Mastery build with ~3.4K Haste under Zerking and Lust I was at 1.26 Blast casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that scorch weaving is viable, if not the best strategy, for single target. After watching Blatty's stream lately and playing in my own raid tonight I can tell you it's definitely worth giving a shot. His strategy is to never cast two arcane blast's in a row and stay at 88%+ mana. Basically keep up NT, cast one arcane blast, if you have a missles proc you AM and if not you scorch, then another arcane blast etc. If you use NT you treat that as regen and cast another AB.

Blatty's #1 Gara'jal parse (he didn't go down at all so it's not skewed with nt spam downstairs, but the person logging did it seems.): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13578&e=13832 He got pretty lucky with AM procs it seems, but his only 3 barrages were during alter time and 1 at the very end of the fight when the boss was about to die.

He isn't positive if this is the best rotation, but it's what he's been trying along with mastery reforge/gemming and it seems to be working out great for him.
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2012-12-06 at 09:47 AM.

I've been using scorch to keep my mana bar alive with 6stack not dropping those stacks at all unless using alter time.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p9...&e=2298#Miared

I feel like my DPS is absolute trash right now and was wondering if you guys could offer some insight?

Current stats:
    479 ilvl
    17,550 SP (Horrible luck with a weapon sadly)
    8.27% Haste (3,514)
    15.16% Hit (5,027)
    8.68% Crit (1.724)
    38.47% Mastery (6,741)

On the training dummy I'm only able to pull around 45k sustained, which seems I feel is very low. I keep RoP up at all times, along with NT (No clipping) and then focus on maintaining 6 stacks through use of AB, Scorch, and AM.

I don't suppose anybody could offer me a few ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or what I could improve upon? I apologise if this is the wrong thread, I'll delete the post if it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Blatty's strategy tonight on heroic Vizier, and have seen consistently higher numbers than using the drop stacks strategy last night. I use a full mastery build. Only using Barrage before rings, since the stacks are going to fall off anyway and when people are mc'd, 5 targets + boss = big damage.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...pes&boss=66791
    Don't have last nights logs but I would say on average ~5k difference in dps.
    Last edited by Bondey; 2012-12-06 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiids View Post
    I feel like my DPS is absolute trash right now and was wondering if you guys could offer some insight?

Current stats:
    479 ilvl
    17,550 SP (Horrible luck with a weapon sadly)
    8.27% Haste (3,514)
    15.16% Hit (5,027)
    8.68% Crit (1.724)
    38.47% Mastery (6,741)

On the training dummy I'm only able to pull around 45k sustained, which seems I feel is very low. I keep RoP up at all times, along with NT (No clipping) and then focus on maintaining 6 stacks through use of AB, Scorch, and AM.

I don't suppose anybody could offer me a few ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, or what I could improve upon? I apologise if this is the wrong thread, I'll delete the post if it is.
    Your spell power is really low for your ilvl, which weapon are you using atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post

Test 4: Rune of Power, Full Haste, Nether Tempest, Glyph of AP, Patchwerk. Starting values: SP 20746, Mastery 3918, Haste 6556 (after second breakpoint)

DPS 97626
    Int 4.26
    SP 3.50
    Hit 2.71
    Crit 1.50
    Haste 1.93
    Mastery 2.07

Might be me misunderstanding something. In this test u said you're gemming full haste, yet mastery is preffered? :s I don't get that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that scorch weaving is viable, if not the best strategy, for single target. After watching Blatty's stream lately and playing in my own raid tonight I can tell you it's definitely worth giving a shot. His strategy is to never cast two arcane blast's in a row and stay at 88%+ mana. Basically keep up NT, cast one arcane blast, if you have a missles proc you AM and if not you scorch, then another arcane blast etc. If you use NT you treat that as regen and cast another AB.

Blatty's #1 Gara'jal parse (he didn't go down at all so it's not skewed with nt spam downstairs, but the person logging did it seems.): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13578&e=13832 He got pretty lucky with AM procs it seems, but his only 3 barrages were during alter time and 1 at the very end of the fight when the boss was about to die.

He isn't positive if this is the best rotation, but it's what he's been trying along with mastery reforge/gemming and it seems to be working out great for him.
    Thank you for this information! This is exactly how I'm doing the highest possible dps single target, and I'm happy to know I'm not alone. AB scorch AB scorch AB scorch if there's no missile procs, and if there's missile procs here and there it looks something like AB scorch AB missiles AB scorch AB missiles AB missiles AB missiles AB scorch AB scorch etc, and it works like a charm. Mana stays over 90% but under 100% at all times and mana gem smoothes over any bad RNG. I've spent over 10 hours at the target dummies and I'm confident that I lose about 8K dps single target unbuffed when I start dropping the stacks with ABarr over the weaving rotation. My personal experience is that even 1-2 extra mobs still wouldn't make ABarring worthwhile (For example on Grand Empress Heroic p2 I still don't ABarr unless I'm running and stacks are in danger of dropping). I simply keep rotating/scrolling targets and putting more Nether Tempest casts in the rotation but otherwise staying the same. For the record I'm also full mastery with Mage armor. I got 1 world #1 as arcane and 5 top10 results so far.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2012-12-06 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Can anybody help me whit arcane??

I am usually mage fire raiding, have 120k average in boss dummy. My raid leader say me that i need change to arcane, and...lost all my dps, i cant get more that 80k.

Can you give any advise of como can get more?

This is gear ( Itemlevel 490) :

Base

Intelecto 14437
    Aguante 17273
    Maestría 38,68%

Otros

Poder con hechizos 20991
    Celeridad 8,48%
    Golpe +14,80%
    Crítico 11,51%

For this moment, my best rotation are six charge and use AM when have proc, and when i have 80% or low the mana, use barrage