15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envyadams View Post
    Ok im confused why does missiles do more dps vs blast spamming? Either i am just missing something or what but from what I know Blast is our biggest nuke yea? so why are we not suppose to use our biggest nuke during a time where its free dmg? and again if its for to make sure barrage hits with the highest amount of mana then i say shenanigans cause like i said in above post even if i crit with it its still not hitting for very much.
    (I think I got one of these a few pages back)
    according to simcraft (with my gear anyways)

And if you pre-cast MI when you pre-pot, it's dpet almost doubles.

One major goal of blizzard is to kill in 5.2 the 6 stack camping with scorch, I believe the pure haste arcane build relies on scorch camping so will mastery be the optimal prioritization?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emage View Post
    One major goal of blizzard is to kill in 5.2 the 6 stack camping with scorch, I believe the pure haste arcane build relies on scorch camping so will mastery be the optimal prioritization?
    Both builds benefit from 6-stack camping. Haste build allows you to build stacks faster when you have to drop them. This won't be as big a deal when they change the max to 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Both builds benefit from 6-stack camping. Haste build allows you to build stacks faster when you have to drop them. This won't be as big a deal when they change the max to 4.
    Not to mention with Invocation in its current state max-stack camping wasn't going to be an issue anyway; Haste would just be prio'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    (I think I got one of these a few pages back)
    according to simcraft (with my gear anyways)

And if you pre-cast MI when you pre-pot, it's dpet almost doubles.
    Aye I have been shown the error of my ways and doing so increased DPS by about 10k when I focus on maximizing Missiles, Now my burst is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envyadams View Post
    Aye I have been shown the error of my ways and doing so increased DPS by about 10k when I focus on maximizing Missiles, Now my burst is stupid.
    I've realised the same thing a while back, my dps took a stupid bump, enjoy :P.

Deleted
    Hi, I've got question. Is it better to pop AM when 100% or fill them in to regain mana from 90-100%? Couse when Im reading previous posts I coulnd have found the answer to my question

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezer View Post
    Hi, I've got question. Is it better to pop AM when 100% or fill them in to regain mana from 90-100%? Couse when Im reading previous posts I coulnd have found the answer to my question
    If you are at 100% Mana with 2 Missiles procs, better to use Missiles to save yourself effectively wasting a proc.
    If, however, you only have 1 Missiles proc and you're at 100% mana, it's better to Blast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    If you are at 100% Mana with 2 Missiles procs, better to use Missiles to save yourself effectively wasting a proc.
    If, however, you only have 1 Missiles proc and you're at 100% mana, it's better to Blast.

Only AB if you don't have any/buffs that are up.

Like... if you're "forced" to invoke, and you have some ICDs up.. then AM at 100% mana.. if they are down, then you fish for a buff + missile proc.
    Missiles is just that good at full mana.

Most of the time, even if I only have 1 proc of missile.. I will use it! (depending on the buffs that are up, ofcourse!)

And before anybody asks.. yes,,stormlash procs off each individual missile.

Hi there, can anyone give me some insight in how to play arcane mage with invocation? I just can't play with rune of power with so many movement in the current raid bosses.

Here's my armory link (still mostly blues) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Amerys/simple
    I reforged to the hit cap, 3056 haste and then all mastery (if i should change anything please do tell me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruGlory View Post
    Hi there, can anyone give me some insight in how to play arcane mage with invocation? I just can't play with rune of power with so many movement in the current raid bosses.

Here's my armory link (still mostly blues) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Amerys/simple
    I reforged to the hit cap, 3056 haste and then all mastery (if i should change anything please do tell me).
    Invocation style arcane only works if you go all out haste + frost armor, I've never seen it written somewhere but I just think it doesnt work with mastery stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Invocation style arcane only works if you go all out haste + frost armor, I've never seen it written somewhere but I just think it doesnt work with mastery stacking.
    Aside from that, do you scorch weave with invocation? Or do you burn your mana and then use invocation?

Deleted
    Aside from that, do you scorch weave with invocation? Or do you burn your mana and then use invocation?
    We talked a little bit about it there : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arcane-clarity

You don't have to use scorch at all with the invo/haste build, people began to test this because of the incoming scorch nerf ).

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    We talked a little bit about it there : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arcane-clarity

You don't have to use scorch at all with the invo/haste build, people began to test this because of the incoming scorch nerf ).
    Tyvm for your quick replies Guess i will regem/reforge for haste once i start getting some epics from raids this week.

Deleted
    Tyvm for your quick replies Guess i will regem/reforge for haste once i start getting some epics from raids this week.
    you're welcome

Hey, common lurker and a lot of the information here has been helpful I've only had my mage for 3 weeks but already on top

Anyway, I kind of have a lingering question:

When building up charges, if I end up getting 2 AM procs on the 2nd or 3rd charge or what you will, is it best to use at least 1 AM? Or just sit on them at 2 until 6 charges and then go on with AT and reg rotation?

I had a few others, but they slip my mind right now, I'll ask when I remember

Thanks ^^

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've kinda hit a wall regarding gemming/reforging, so I'm hoping for some help:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ipper/advanced

What would you change? I was going for a Haste build with ABx6, scorch until AM. Is this wrong? And what about my gemming/reforging?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I've kinda hit a wall regarding gemming/reforging, so I'm hoping for some help:

What would you change? I was going for a Haste build with ABx6, scorch until AM. Is this wrong? And what about my gemming/reforging?
    Your rotation is wrong, not your gemming (although you could use a tad more hit). If you're using RoP, ABx6 and then alternate AB with scorch and missiles to stay at around 85/90% mana. Try invocation, it's much more forgiving. For invocation, burn through mana with AB, using missiles on proc. Evocate at 30% mana or if you need to refresh Invoker's buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridedc View Post
    Your rotation is wrong, not your gemming (although you could use a tad more hit). If you're using RoP, ABx6 and then alternate AB with scorch and missiles to stay at around 85/90% mana. Try invocation, it's much more forgiving. For invocation, burn through mana with AB, using missiles on proc. Evocate at 30% mana or if you need to refresh Invoker's buff.
    I've also been using the haste/invo build but a tad differently. When around ~77% mana, I tap evocation for 1 tick of the mana back in case Invoker's Energy buff is not running out just yet ( still >15s left ). I'm trying to not use full evocations unless my invo buff runs out. Usually I have to do it 1-2 times before going down on mana for a full evocation depending on AP use, mana gem and AM procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    All these people using "the best way". Can we see some logs?

I just assume "i do lots of dps" is only around 70-80k single target..