Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    That's actuelly excatly what I did, just hoped to get closer with some tested numbers.
    Stat weight are unique to your char cause it depends of what gear you have. So the only way to get the "real" stat weights for your char is to use simc

Its really easy. Import your char, simulate, and here's your stat weights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Stat weight are unique to your char cause it depends of what gear you have. So the only way to get the "real" stat weights for your char is to use simc

Its really easy. Import your char, simulate, and here's your stat weights
    I know they are unique to my char, but any stats weights close to an ilvl 500 geared mage will be better than just switching haste and mastery stat weights in ask mr. robot.

Becides I'm pretty sure I can't just import and sim, since simcraft will go for a mastery/rop build unless you change stuff I have no idea how to change. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Deleted
    Sigh us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8088289158

10+ Year Old Account
    As one of the posters in that thread said, we don't really care because it won't affect us "mortals", even in heroic progress guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    As one of the posters in that thread said, we don't really care because it won't affect us "mortals", even in heroic progress guilds.
    But can the same be said for ignorant raid leaders? Regardless of Methods reasoning and how that compares to the average normal mode guild, many mages will be sat simply because a raid leader saw this and figured that it wasnt worth their time to bring a mage.

Lucky for me im an officer and will always have a raid spot, however I was asked by my GM if the nerfs were as bad as everyone was telling him and if I wanted to reroll now was the time. He wasnt being a dick about it he just wanted to give me the option. Sill felt crappy to have to defend my class in a PvE setting. I can only imagine how other mages are going in their guilds when they are not so lucky as to be an officer.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I wrote in several places before, I doubt that I will be equally fortunate. I won't be forced to reroll, I might just be benched for progress. We'll see on Wednesday (EU). I might also log to the PTR one last time today and start working on a guide update.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an officer in my guild I also have a very safe spot, but I do feel for all the Mages that might be losing their raid spot for the time being. I'm not much of a doomsayer but if we're honest then I think it's okay to say that Mages will not be that good in the coming tier. That's okay for most guilds though, the vast ​majority of guilds overgear encounters quite a lot when they progress on them either way so as far as killing them goes it's just up to skill. This also goes for my guild. (Avg Ilvl ~500 or slightly higher. Progressing on Sha HC p2)
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Blatty just went Live on twitch btw it's going to be his last stream in english
    Last edited by kirit0; 2013-03-04 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    As I wrote in several places before, I doubt that I will be equally fortunate. I won't be forced to reroll, I might just be benched for progress. We'll see on Wednesday (EU). I might also log to the PTR one last time today and start working on a guide update.
    "Bring the player, not the class."

What a complete crock. :-|
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So.... Blast 4x, Missiles, (fish for more missiles with Fire Blast/FFBolt/refresh bomb?), Barrage? RoP+Mastery still?

I'm probably staying arcane until I can accumulate the crit gear. I dislike when the fire guys use an ilvl to say fire works.. I'm 497 but only one or two pieces have crit so fully gemmed and reforged I only have 18% unbuffed. Frost is nnnnope.

Hi all, first time poster here.

Just wanted to ask whether any PTR players had a view on the T15 4 piece bonus, it looks like a significant buff for Arcane, does it have a big enough impact on our DPS to offset some of the nerfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people even consider it a nerf, although it isn't.

Remember that it also increases the mana cost portion of Charges by 20%.

So Blast goes to 60% damage and 180% mana cost. My suggestion is that you rush the 2-set bonus and then chill for 4-set until your gear level goes up a bit.

Thank you for having this thread. I've read EVERY post here, while waiting for the 5.2 patch to go live (Blizzard has already extended the time by two hours!).

I'm pretty new to WoW (read: TOTAL NOOB) and it took a buddy quite a while to get me to where I can almost find the correct forum in MMO-Champion, as well as find things on other sites. I appreciate all the time and effort of the moderators, as well as the people who take the time to post their ideas, thoughts and arguments here; I'm lost most of the time, and the suggestions offered here have been helping me to improve greatly.

I play Arcane, and I'm still so new that the other Specs mystify me, but I've been told that I'm going to have to begin learning the Fire Spec to stay viable in 5.2. This isn't going to be fun, as I'm still working out the timing for casts/spells/buffs and trying to stay competitive.

I've been using Rune of Power, as I've had decent luck in being able to cast it and stay withing it's effective area. With all of the impending changes to Mages, I know that I'll probably have to begin using Invocation, as well as to change up quite a few things (Spec, Gems, Reforging, etc).

I'm hoping that the Moderator might have decided to pool his/her resources with the other Spec Forum Moderators, and start up a new Discussion Forum for the noobs out here who are going to move from Arcane to Fire.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Our three specialization, while relatively similar in concept are still completely different by the secondary stats they require. For the people switching from Arcane to Fire it will be enough simply to read the Fire guide.

Fire and Frost mechanics haven't really been changed that much except for frost's PvE Pet Freeze removal. Arcane has been changed somewhat for 5.2. and I haven't updated this guide to reflect that yet. It's gonna happen by the end of the week when I get a feel about it in Throne of Thunder.

There's not really a significant reason to make a "Switching from Arcane to Fire thread".

Thanks for you vote of confidence
    My magic will tear you apart.

Deleted
    I was waiting and hoping till the last minute they revert some changes but instead they NERFED it even more , more % on arcane barrage , more on blast . I hate fire and now ill be forced to do it ?? Or ill be benched . Its not even nerf its an overkill.
    Arcane Blast damage has been reduced by 22.9% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
    Arcane Missile's damage has been reduced by 22.1%.
    Arcane Barrage damage has been reduced by 16.1%.
    Last edited by mmocc3b531da29; 2013-03-06 at 02:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenica View Post
    I was waiting and hoping till the last minute they revert some changes but instead they NERFED it even more , more % on arcane barrage , more on blast . I hate fire and now ill be forced to do it ?? Or ill be benched . Its not even nerf its an overkill.
    Arcane Blast damage has been reduced by 22.9% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
    Arcane Missile's damage has been reduced by 22.1%.
    Arcane Barrage damage has been reduced by 16.1%.
    I find it funny that I have seen multiple people quote these lines. They all seem to forget that the damage gain from each charge was increased from 25% to 50%. It's true that the mana cost for each charge was increased to 150% as well, but I think that's to prevent spamming of AB. Next time, please quote damage increases as well instead of saying OMGMYDAMAGEISFUBAR.

Deleted
    Ive tried arcane and got sick after 5 minutes .

My anecdotal experience from Sha and Galleon pugs this morning is that my DPS is about 10-20k down on yesterday. As i've been Haste build I'm off to Mr Robot to rebuild under Mastery, see how things shake out for tonight's raid. Do need som Target Dummy practise to get the reflexes smooth (want to press my Scorch bind and not Brg).

Is there any oppotion to weave FFB at 4Stacks? It does proc missiles, so an FFB cast and an NT refresh can afford an extra AB and chances for missiles. Sub optimal? By much?

Quote Originally Posted by Rublupine View Post
    Is there any oppotion to weave FFB at 4Stacks? It does proc missiles, so an FFB cast and an NT refresh can afford an extra AB and chances for missiles. Sub optimal? By much?
    Yes, "FFB weaving" was tested and found sub-optimal by a considerable margin. Even with the glyph.

The cyclical ABx4 AMx2 ABr really is the most optimal solution right now.

That being said, I am working on an alternate cycle which might be a bit more 'interesting', I just have to find some time to do the math for it. That cycle could potentially use ffb, but not in the way you think...

Deleted
    FFB weaving only becomes an option when you have enough haste. With under 10k haste, it feels clunky and hard to play, especially when unlucky with AM procs.
    It does seem to scale incredibly well with gear from what I've tested.
    Not good enough though