Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If your soaking Annihilations on Elegon, Using Temporal Shield 2 seconds before the Annihilation will give you a 150,000 HoT allowing you to heal yourself back to full and free of the stun. Helping healers and getting you back on the boss faster.

Deleted
    If hit by Amber Prison during the Wind Lord Mel'jarak encounter you can blink out of it and save another raid member's 'debuff'. Found this really useful in my 10 man - Not so sure about 25, I imagine a little less useful, but still useful nonetheless!

Stone guard heroic- you can use your alter time with the tile debuff and get 20 tiles done without having to go back

Feng- when moving into group for arcane phase use your IB/TS

elegon- see nicc's post

garajal heroic- (question) do people find LB better or NT?? i found LB better dunno why but i like bomb how it is zzzzz
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Does "use your talented survival abilities" even count as a tip?
    I hope that's not the only time you are using IB/TS!

i was gona post all fights it but deleted other but forgot to delete feng :/

HoF - Wind-Lord - You can pick up a spear AND polymorph an add (polymorph with my current fire reforging has a slightly shorter cast time than the spear's cast time).

HoF - Amber-shaper - The amber ooze things can be frost nova'd, which can help a bit. (but afaik RoF doesn't work, so I assume deep freeze also doesnt).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    garajal heroic- (question) do people find LB better or NT?? i found LB better dunno why but i like bomb how it is zzzzz
    I've been using NT for garajal heroic because of the unlimited multidotting in the shadow realm. Not sure if it's really better, but I only end up going down a couple times anyway, so I pretty much just NT NT NT inferno blast NT NT NT NT NT counterspell etc. Also, I make sure I refresh it on the boss right before going down.
    Last edited by LET JIMMY RAID; 2012-11-06 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    HoF - Wind-Lord - You can pick up a spear AND polymorph an add (polymorph with my current fire reforging has a slightly shorter cast time than the spear's cast time).
    you should never polymorph em it heals the target by 4mil/sec.

Also you could soak the sparks of titan in Will HC by timing blink correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post

Also you could soak the sparks of titan in Will HC by timing blink correctly.
    How's that work? You run into the spark and then blink right before it explodes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    If your soaking Annihilations on Elegon, Using Temporal Shield 2 seconds before the Annihilation will give you a 150,000 HoT allowing you to heal yourself back to full and free of the stun. Helping healers and getting you back on the boss faster.
    What stun are you refering to? Do you mean Closed Circuit? if so are you saying that if you have closed circuit the healing the shield will give you isnt reduced by 25%? If so that is excellent (it is excellent even if that isnt so - thanks for posting).

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    I never noticed it healing at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I never noticed it healing at all.
    Just for clarification - The polymorphed target is healed but you may still DPS the 'Non CC'd version' and still kill them all when 1 dies.

On my focus target it's HP was like a yoyo - but don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mageortom View Post
    What stun are you refering to? Do you mean Closed Circuit? if so are you saying that if you have closed circuit the healing the shield will give you isnt reduced by 25%? If so that is excellent (it is excellent even if that isnt so - thanks for posting).
    he means in heroic where 1 person needs to soak total annihilation

@ nicc you use cauterise for that fight?? thought greater invis would be better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    How's that work? You run into the spark and then blink right before it explodes?
    pretty much... heres our kill video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qg7cAK1kqJE

Deleted
    *EDIT* Nevermind, the tips has already been posted

he means in heroic where 1 person needs to soak total annihilation

@ nicc you use cauterise for that fight?? thought greater invis would be better :P
    It does have a shorter cooldown, the downside obviously being you need far more healing afterwards!
    Can't really weigh in more than that, my guild's been progressing in HoF instead of heroics in the hope of opening Terrace next week. Un'Sok constantly picks the same healer to turn into Amber so somehow after two days we still have people who have literally never been the giant and thus let themselves blow up the first time they change...

I went through this thread, but didnt see anyone really mention this. I am very surprised that I honestly never see any frost mages doing this, or say "wait, what?? fireblast glyph with frost...?". When running as frost, get the frost bomb, and then use the Glyph of Fireblast (makes frost bomb explode instantly and spread damage + slow) which allows you to control when you get your free FFB. I would have to say, this is probably my favorite combo with the mage right now. It would go something like this;

Frost Bomb 0k > Frost Nova 10k > Fireblast 10k - 40k > Frost Bomb 60k - 150k > Frost Fire Bolt 30k - 120k

Of course bosses cant be nova'd, but you can use your pets nova to get the fingers of frost to add in 1 - 2 ice lances *multiplier. Or toss your badass frozen orb in to the mix. By the time you fire off your FFB, Frost bomb will be coming off cd in like 1 - 2 seconds. It gives the spec a bit more control, more burst, and a good opportunity to chain spells together.

There is little advantage to getting the FFB early because you'd get it eventually anyway, and Fire Blast takes a GCD doing very little damage.
    That is why nobody recommends it, you are losing a fraction of damage by doing it for no benefit at all.

So apparently Alter time removes ALL the debuff stack on tsulong during night time which is pretty cool whereas iceblock doesnt

So apparently Alter time removes ALL the debuff stack on tsulong during night time which is pretty cool whereas iceblock doesnt
    Can you elaborate on when you're using it?

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    Can you elaborate on when you're using it?
    during night time of tsulong you get a stacking debuff that increase the damage you take over time, you can get rid of this debuff by running through sunbeam.

but with alter time you can reset the stack even if you had 13 stacks>alter time>alter time ends 0stacks

not really a BIG gamebreaking tip but its still decent to know :P