Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Although there's no point keeping it glyphed either if you can think of something even mildly better to put there

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    That's quite nice but I honestly prefer picking up Greater Invisibility. That way you won't lose that much dps-time sitting around in an iceblock. Just let the debuff run out and at 3 sek left you blink out, use invis and continue casting... (pool will get overcharged seconds later so no big dps loss from leaving pool, because you would need to leave it anyway)
    You know you can cancel iceblock right? Using greater invis works but it's clearly a dps loss over using iceblock/cold snap.

Tip for frost bite soaking on heroic council:
    (30sec duration buff) - IB, ImpInvis, TS + hs/the like - frees your healers for a lot of healing the first 15sec + ts helps em heal some of the last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasufer View Post
    Tip for frost bite soaking on heroic council:
    (30sec duration buff) - IB, ImpInvis, TS + hs/the like - frees your healers for a lot of healing the first 15sec + ts helps em heal some of the last.
    You can instantly Iceblock (as soon as you see the blue triangle above your head) and it will negate it completely. Same for Bubble (maybe cloak not sure - we didnt have a rogue). I glyphed Iceblock so that if I messed it up, I would have 3 seconds to blink into the correct position without taking damage.

lol didn't even know that, pretty damn helpful - ty <3

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    You can instantly Iceblock (as soon as you see the blue triangle above your head) and it will negate it completely. Same for Bubble (maybe cloak not sure - we didnt have a rogue). I glyphed Iceblock so that if I messed it up, I would have 3 seconds to blink into the correct position without taking damage.
    you do :P(im healing this and its freaking painful to heal mages since they literally get globaled lol) using iceblock on first two frostbite is a major dps loss you i recommend using greater invis unless your guild can comfortably kill sul before hes empowered
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I think by "negate it completely" he means that similarly to whatever Jin'Rokh's ability was called, if you become immune with the right timing the debuff simply won't apply
    Not 100% certain about that, but I hope that is how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think by "negate it completely" he means that similarly to whatever Jin'Rokh's ability was called, if you become immune with the right timing the debuff simply won't apply
    if you iceblocked it before yes. after um inb4 raidleader being mad
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    You know you can cancel iceblock right? Using greater invis works but it's clearly a dps loss over using iceblock/cold snap.
    If you read the post I was referring too, you will see that he mentioned:

"1) Five seconds before the 1st Ionization occurs, Ice Block and immediately Cold Snap (you can Cold Snap while you're in the Ice Block and it won't cancel the Ice Block). Sit in this IB for 7ish seconds or till the debuff goes out."

So he's suggesting to sit in IB for 7ish seconds which is a MAJOR dps loss compared to using Greater Invis and just blink out 2ish sec before ionization goes out. You will lose around 5ish seconds of "pool time" but you will never need to stop casting (besides the global for blink). If you can't recognize that simple fact, have fun sitting in your IB ... (hint: you won't profit from the nice dmg buff during that time since you will be casting nothing at all ... so the effective time spent in the pool is actually higher when speccing and using greater invis)

Besides the above mentioned obvious flaws of the IB/coldsnap tactic, there is another major disadvantage of it: Generally you will save Timewarp + Cooldowns (Combustion, Alter Time, racials, ...) until you have the first pool. The timing of Ionization would screw your burst window horribly, since at that time usually your trinkets procc again (at least Valor/LotC) and you are about to build your combustion. You can't build your combustion during the 7 sec in IB, can you? (sometimes you get lucky and have combustion out before ionization pops, but then again, sitting 7 sec in IB during Timewarp is something I personally try to avoid for obvious reasons)

IMO the Iceblock/Coldsnap approach is a solid tactic avoiding Ionization for weaker players or for players who don't want to/need to push DPS to a maximum and rather play safely. However it is not the dps maximizing tactic that a lot of you suggest it is. (And if you come an tell me that your raid pops Timewarp at pull and you pop your Combustion there as well - then that's not dps maximizing either)

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    Besides the above mentioned obvious flaws of the IB/coldsnap tactic, there is another major disadvantage of it: Generally you will save Timewarp + Cooldowns (Combustion, Alter Time, racials, ...) until you have the first pool. The timing of Ionization would screw your burst window horribly, since at that time usually your trinkets procc again (at least Valor/LotC) and you are about to build your combustion. You can't build your combustion during the 7 sec in IB, can you? (sometimes you get lucky and have combustion out before ionization pops, but then again, sitting 7 sec in IB during Timewarp is something I personally try to avoid for obvious reasons)

IMO the Iceblock/Coldsnap approach is a solid tactic avoiding Ionization for weaker players or for players who don't want to/need to push DPS to a maximum and rather play safely. However it is not the dps maximizing tactic that a lot of you suggest it is. (And if you come an tell me that your raid pops Timewarp at pull and you pop your Combustion there as well - then that's not dps maximizing either)
    That post isn't correct. There is no need to sit in Iceblock for 7 seconds, you can cold snap and cancel it immediately.

As a damage dealer I feel like it's my job to maximize my dps and in this case I'm not only doing that but completely avoiding all damage associate with the mechanic. I'm not sure what you mean by the "weaker" players. I'm ranked on this fight as both Frost and Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah, if you can time it right (took me a couple attempts!) it won't hit you and you only lose a 2-4 seconds (Max, if you want to be safe) of Tw/Hero/Lust.

I found the hard way is as soon as you see, cancel everything you are doing and Iceblock - it isnt worth getting that extra cast off. A /stopcasting macro is wonderful here

anyone know of a good addon to display how much time left is on your NT or LB tick? Im looking for something like an enlarged version of the spell icon which pops up on your screen and like a number in the centre of the icon counting down how many seconds are remaining on the dot. If anyone used the arcaneometer addon for arcane back in 5.1 you will know what im talking about, but i would like a similar dot tracking thing similar to that but for frost/fire.

Quote Originally Posted by azzastar View Post
    anyone know of a good addon to display how much time left is on your NT or LB tick? Im looking for something like an enlarged version of the spell icon which pops up on your screen and like a number in the centre of the icon counting down how many seconds are remaining on the dot. If anyone used the arcaneometer addon for arcane back in 5.1 you will know what im talking about, but i would like a similar dot tracking thing similar to that but for frost/fire.
    You could set up a weak aura for it, other than that I'm not sure.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

fire: always wait to throw your pyro from hotstreak until you get another warmup proc. that way when you trhow fireball+your instapyro any 1 of those 2 spells critting will give you a new pyro directly. This will in the end be a dps increase for you since otherwise if you whould have just thrown your pyro away you whould often only had 1 of teh 2 spells crit and thus losing the warmup proc due to the other spell hitting simultaniously.

fire: alter time: at the start of the fight you will often find yourself having both the prepot, weapon proc and 2x trinketprocs within the first 10seconds of the fight, and unles you are rly unlucky you will have a hotstreakproc by then aswell.
    Now once you get the 2nd warmupproc (so you have both a instapyro rdy and a crit proc). throw your fireball->hit altertime->spammpyros. (make a macro with /cast Precence of mind /cast pyroblast.) even with only 30%critchance chances are pretty good you will get a new hotstreak from the fireball and pyro that is in the air. so that will make 2 pyros. +precens of mind pyro. and if one of these 2 later pyros crit you can infernoblastblast and throw a 4th pyro. then cancel timewarp and throw pyro again. (or even 1 more pyro if your lucky and crit). then combustion!
    This combustion will not only have an insane ignite tick but will also snapshot your stats wich will be boosted from prepot,wepproc,2xtrinektproc and the 2setbonus from new teir. wich will easly make you end up at 200k+ dps during the first 30-40secs of the fight.
    now depending on how much you crit, your ignite will consist of 3-6 pyros. wich is rly damn good for a combustion :P and ofc have the glyph!

any spec: At the pull, ask your mt to do a 5sec countdown. and when he start count do a evo (3sec) then pop mirror+prepot. and start cast a fireball. (pull will usually happen when ur halfway throu the fireball cast)

arcane alter time: do it with max stacks and 2x misisale procs. pop mirror do your 2x missiles and barrage (if you ahve hero and haseprocs, timewarp->am->ab->am->(if ab proced another am cast that aswell)->abar->timewarp ends->am>am>abar. All this ofc with arcane power actiavted (and preferably trinektprocs/weaponprocs and so on).

frost: if there is any part of an encoutner with several target near eachother. throw your frozen orb there then proceed to spamm icelance on wahtever you are suppose to dps (preerably something where you can cleave with your icelance glyph)

General tips:
    Iceblock: If there is any annoying debuff or stun that can be iceblocked out of/avoided with iceblock, do it! (etc, ionization, statick shock, trotos stomp, meagera firedebuff or green aoethingy, frostdebuff on iron qon, frostdebuff on council, horridon add dots)
    Alter time: Intentional or unintentional alter time works weird together with stacking debuffs, for instance on the trash be4 horridon (bridge) alter time will completly reset stacks, same on tsulong nighttime or elegon debuff. always look out for places to use this to ur advantage

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 11:35 AM ----------

im using classtimer. can help you keep track of most things (except trinkets internal cd :<)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Mage Nuggets" is amazing. Lots of customability and a big shiny icon for your bombs.

Here's a weak aura I made to track mage bombs (works for all 3)
    Code:
    dOdHdaGEeI2fIQTHqAMikZLGMTKUjPIBt0NvQDkL9sTBi7xr(Piv)LK(nuhwIHIq1GvIHlQoOcYPivQJPKoNcyHIyPKkzXkQLlvperQNI6Xe65Q8nc0uvLjlktx4IkqxvvjDzW1jXgfPSmeHnRqBxK8rekNgPPPG67eWire9msvJgbJxvPCsvv3cHW1qKCEvfJsvjggP8AvLQ9QFMPM)rb0hlIGWFrm6eE5qTQklBqfbbbOhGmhUW8zEL8HjxqYhWS0CM5m)m)j9XXdc3iIH10mhD6EdD)mlQCbwQsGMbMdQeYmRGGuakmxucS5lhQ1wrcUTQPrunZybqPJQFCIzLduPbiBfj4eZ0aKTIeCtWb0RF1SYbQxouRTIeCIzifGcZKgJRzybqtleVJ3D4UPLV8hGu3Mvq0WCu6BimRCGQcIgoXmQiHZp3wn3GGa0NwEGmhUWnsyMmAkkApTKGLZUP3CAD8ftljy5SdZzWSY447toyMKdPlDs7RK5W8igfMjzbLb1PfIHdcuXPLKNzcaDtiCBvtZCfxY8ZSYbQI1YDoXChxb)mlvQb1phomRCGkcsbDpBwSwUZpZhfTRGzDgIyd6W8LdI(z(OODfCtVzPsnO(5MEN4WHdZDytXO3NCWmveJmlIX1mSaiNyMiXyPBAKtcsz(BPpoEq4MGKYCjlJgumQuvJoDVH(5NdZcqZccUTQPzwbfD6EdD)mtdq2ksWnbhqV(vZxouRTIeCBvtJOAomJuKVoDVH(52QzAMzDkByAjblNnFrr87hXXuuyM0d2EdQlhMl(zUbbbOpT8azoCH5Fua9XIii8xeJoHxouRQYYgurqqa6biZHlmNwhFX0scwoB(hfqFSicc)fXOt4Ld1QQSSb1Xo(IzSC2mz0uu0EAjblNn)JcOpwebH)Iy0jCOzALgFu1PSbvYOPOODcwo7WCk3whwtZHna

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    That post isn't correct. There is no need to sit in Iceblock for 7 seconds, you can cold snap and cancel it immediately.
    Am I understanding you correctly that you can Ice Block -> Cold Snap just before Ionization hits and still have Cold Snap ready for the 3rd Ionization? We didn't try heroic Jin'Rokh yet but I can imagine that it will get pretty close with 1.5 min Ionization timer and 3 min CS cooldown.

Also, does Glyph of Ice Block help to avoid Ionization too? I'd think you could get a little more room for the 3rd Ionization since you could IB -> CS 2-3 sec earlier without wasting dps time by staying in the Ice Block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noxx2k View Post
    Am I understanding you correctly that you can Ice Block -> Cold Snap just before Ionization hits and still have Cold Snap ready for the 3rd Ionization? We didn't try heroic Jin'Rokh yet but I can imagine that it will get pretty close with 1.5 min Ionization timer and 3 min CS cooldown.

Also, does Glyph of Ice Block help to avoid Ionization too? I'd think you could get a little more room for the 3rd Ionization since you could IB -> CS 2-3 sec earlier without wasting dps time by staying in the Ice Block.
    It couldn't hurt but to be honest if you are quick fingered and use a /stopcasting line in your iceblock macro, as long as you cast it as soon as the warning/cast bar goes off you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my ice block macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cast Ice Block
    /cast cold snap
    You could add stopcasting in there if you really needed it. Definitely use the glyph because it does work. You just hit the macro twice when you see him casting ionisation and you won't get the debuff.

And yes it will be up for the 3rd ionisation just not the 4th.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    I dont get why people are still advocating Iceblock for jin rokh hc. I used it the first two times we killed him, but it hurts the dps so bad that you have to use it just when you really wanna build up ignite or other stuff in other specs, it is also during my 2end pot, and often during my 2end procs of trinkets. Greater invis is up every time, and all you have to do is blink out of the pool with 2-3s left on the debuff. At this point the lightning storm will start as well.

I have tried both and i simply dont know how people can recommend iceblock strat if they have actually tried invis.