Thread: CT and Sub

CT and Sub

Just a quick question about sub and crimson tempest... At what point does it outweigh evis? Is it anything above 2 targets, and if so is it just best to get the dot up and then use evis and skip rupture for SV? I'm sorry if there is a post about this already, I just haven't been able to find a decent breakdown of it other than icy veins, and all it says is use FoK+CT at 7+ targets. I just really like sub, as it feels the most rogue like, and I haaaate mutilate, especially considering I don't have legendaries.

Well, presumably there's a point at which you'll press nothing but evis, a point at which you'll press CT but not overwrite the dot, and a point where you will just always press CT regardless of the dot. Somewhere in there you switch to fan.

But, sadly, I don't know when those breakpoints are yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluo View Post
    Just a quick question about sub and crimson tempest... At what point does it outweigh evis? Is it anything above 2 targets, and if so is it just best to get the dot up and then use evis and skip rupture for SV? I'm sorry if there is a post about this already, I just haven't been able to find a decent breakdown of it other than icy veins, and all it says is use FoK+CT at 7+ targets. I just really like sub, as it feels the most rogue like, and I haaaate mutilate, especially considering I don't have legendaries.
    Didn't the double-dipping got nerfed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, which is why CT !> Eviscerate on a single target, at any point in scaling. Unless I've mistaken the numbers, CT > Evis for 2 targets (when the bleed isn't up). If your targets are dying CRAZY fast, you could CT for SV, but if your target's staying alive for rupture, you'll want to rupture it.

On a single target, there's a point where it will die in the next X seconds (where X is small), and you should eviscerate. There's another point where you should rupture. I'm not sure if there's a point where you should CT, but it wouldn't surprise me. Rupture takes I think 8 or 10 seconds to beat CT in damage, so there's assuredly some point where CT is > Rupture in terms of damage, but the question of whether Evis > CT for all values that CT > Rupture I'm not so sure about. Also note that while CT does outdamage rupture for most of its duration, it also costs more energy than rupture.

Great info, thanks guys. Also, what about hemo dot? Is there only certain times to keep it up, or is it a necessity all the time?
    Last edited by Eluo; 2012-09-25 at 03:13 AM.