Last Minute Decision: Solo or Duo Leveling for Realm First As a Rogue?

I've been prepping myself for several weeks to learn all the intricacies of leveling through Pandaria (mostly focusing on The Jade Forest since getting out of there ASAP is KEY. A little bit about me.

I'm a rogue (not exactly an ideal class for solo questing, but I've got the legendary daggers, and am pretty competent about cooldown management (making big massive pulls every three seconds or so by popping evasion, using Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush to cleave mobs down before Evasion goes away.

I've got all of the necessary preparations done: Dailies, Potions, Flasks, Food, spare enchant scrolls, etc.

A Paladin guildmate of mine (who was 17 minutes from the realm first on our server, I wasn't playing then) has offered to quest alongside me. He does the pulling, I do the killing. The difference is that he has no experience on the beta, but he's definitely a sturdier class capable of helping me push through some of the harder sections like Townlong and Wastes.

Do the disadvantages of going in a group outweigh its advantages? Would he slow me down since rogues are kings in indoor areas with all of their speed buffs? Just need a few suggestions to come back to while I nap in preparation for launch.

I did duo with my dk friend in cata.... he lost realm first dk by 30 minutes I lost realm first rogue by 5 minutes which wasnt my fault but the fact a quest bugged out and would of started a huge chain of quests....

Duo leveling works if your on a 50/50 server because if you got a friend you prob wont get ganked... and if you get ganked well then that just slowed you down right there...

It's actually a rather imbalanced server (we're the horde minority on an ally-heavy server), but it's a PvE Realm, no ganking. The issue for surviving for me was the later areas with the tough-ass mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancun View Post
    It's actually a rather imbalanced server (we're the horde minority on an ally-heavy server), but it's a PvE Realm, no ganking. The issue for surviving for me was the later areas with the tough-ass mobs.
    That's a good situation to be in for realm first running. The crucial part is the start before people "spread out." The alliance and horde areas are separate this time around so if you're on the minority end, you'll have less competition for quest npcs, than the alliance people will.