Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, not sure why people keep asking for this shit. Like they really expect our puny swords and daggers to actually do anything? It'd be like if 5 fire ants decided to try and kill you on their own. The only way they could do it is if they got up on the back of 5 venomous wasps and went all King Kong on you.
    Exactly. There's a reason Glint distracted Kralkatorrik in EoD, instead of DE attacking directly, even if it ultimately backfired due to Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    The Bayt skill point has been bugged on JQ for a week now, and I'm never around for server resets =[
    Fixed several bugs that were preventing some skill challenges from resetting properly.
    From this morning's patch notes.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I personally don't think we should attack him head on... like seriously... he could just smack us with his paw and we'd all be bugs squished on the bottom of a shoe...
    We got a big cannon shooting him in half, why can't we have a device or something that captures him or makes him unable to move for a short period of time?

What I mean is that we should be able to get closer somehow, perhaps those small dragons coming out from his mouth could be something you could attack. Like 1 single reaches the ship and starts attacking, and you're able to attack it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say this much, I'm disappointed that we don't, like... go inside him. The way the FFX crew went inside Sin. After all, Zhaitan is fairly similar to Sin insofar as what he is - a massive creature comprised of dead souls. Surely there's one central "core" thing controlling the whole beast.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    We got a big cannon shooting him in half, why can't we have a device or something that captures him or makes him unable to move for a short period of time?

What I mean is that we should be able to get closer somehow, perhaps those small dragons coming out from his mouth could be something you could attack. Like 1 single reaches the ship and starts attacking, and you're able to attack it.
    Oh by head on you just mean actually slash at his body and the such and not pull a WoW where you stand right there slashing away the whole time, ok... Yeah I was kinda hoping we'd be able to cut off his little dragon heads like the hydra in dark souls!! That would've been EPIC!

PS: the hylek alliance + priory made an Elixir gun that cuts the balls off tequatel (and plague bringer) so that they can't just man handle us /stay airborn for more then a few seconds (unlike claw of jormag), so it wouldn't be completely out there, it'd be more of getting it into him since only elder dragons (and ground up pixies) can pierce elder dragon...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

He BETTER have been bugged. That was the single most pathetic final boss encounter in the history of video games.

*ima cling to this rock and die while crying blerrrrgh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it only took what 3 weeks for some tiny little announcement that the end boss of the game was bugged, I look forward to seeing this new incarnation of zhaitan, it really needed a lot of work to improve, im sure everyone will be glad of more to do.

Not sure why anyone would have believed it to not be bugged? I still had more fun doing Arah than the last 6 months of Boredom Soul.

And now the trollers can gtfo about mentioning how he was easy for "end game"

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I did this fight the other day I had that final personal story quest a while and been playing alts for well over a week, not because I was avoiding it but because I got hooked on the warrior I made and the same just happened with a Mesmer, anyways back on track everything from the point you get on the airship was terrible in my opinion, too bad but not a dealbreaker I love everything else in the game but I'll have to concede that should have been better no doubt.
    ME and my friend felt the same way the whole dungeon was great until we got on the airship. i personally feel the dungeons are a bit overtuned *with the game being new and all*

Spoiler Alert from this point on:

At the part on the air ship where you had to fight the first dragon then the twins the aoe's they did u could not get out of range of. the adds was endless and i still personally feel from the air ship on was DeathWing 2.0 i really wish someone could do a good endgame dragon fight. ill check it out once they fix him the group comp i went in with was bad *2 wars 3 guards* Me as a guard and my friend as a war did go range style *Me Specter/focus Him using a bow* for a few fights.

I really did enjoy how the dungeon felt like a raid with all the things you had to do.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    And now the trollers can gtfo about mentioning how he was easy for "end game"
    The whole dungeon was a pain in the ass but fun like i posted my group comp was bad but it was like 7am when i started it.

*2 wars 3 guards* I went Specter/Focus and my friend *a war* used a bow when range was needed or just made things easyer.

the dungeon was fun felt like a raid but from the airship on was just bad *personal opinion* it felt like Deathwing 2.0 with the endless add's.

Spoiler Alert

And like i said with the 3 dragons you fight *the single then the twins* there aoe you could not move out of it came out instance and the adds was near endless. took us 4hrs to finish the whole dungeon and right after the twins a guy left so we 4maned the rest.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-25 at 07:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Not sure why anyone would have believed it to not be bugged? I still had more fun doing Arah than the last 6 months of Boredom Soul.
    Looking forward to your comments after playing Arah for six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Looking forward to your comments after playing Arah for six months.
    Why just Arah? I have many to choose from. If I get bored, I can just do something else and come back later without having missed anything or fallen behind.

Looking forward to your comments after 9 months of Heart of Fear and Mogu'shan and a year of whatever comes afterward. Isn't there many other forums for you to go be a shill on?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-09-25 at 07:24 PM.

Why just Arah? I have many to choose from. If I get bored, I can just do something else and come back later without having missed anything or fallen behind.

Looking forward to your comments after 9 months of Heart of Fear and Mogu'shan and a year of whatever comes afterward.
    Couldn't agree with you more. People forget all the GW2 dungeons have near to current level loot and won't be outdated by the next content update.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. People forget all the GW2 dungeons have near to current level loot and won't be outdated by the next content update.....
    Equally terrible loot you mean?

Except for arah story with it's awesome lvl40 required loot of course.

Seriously, dungeons are clearly level and gear metered. Doing AC explorable at 80 in BiS exotics is an overkill. You can zerg through much of it. Explorable Arah is at least challenging in some parts even to such a group. Most of the other explorables? No so much.

Equally terrible loot you mean?

Except for arah story with it's awesome lvl40 required loot of course.

Seriously, dungeons are clearly level and gear metered. Doing AC explorable at 80 in BiS exotics is an overkill. You can zerg through much of it. Explorable Arah is at least challenging in some parts even to such a group. Most of the other explorables? No so much.
    the loot dropping not being near ur level is a bit biggy atm. and if you are in full exotics why would u be doing dungeons then.....go do a shard run in Arah comparing AC to Arah is like comparing LFR to heroic mode raiding....

Equal loot is Equal even if its not a upgrade welcome to the world of RNG.

If you already have the "BiS Exotics" then there's little reason to do AC beyond what is needed for some Legendaries. Doing any explorables in general isn't done for "gear" beyond aesthetics if you have full exotics already. So in the end you're doing it because you want to, not because you have to.

If you already have the "BiS Exotics" then there's little reason to do AC beyond what is needed for some Legendaries. Doing any explorables in general isn't done for "gear" beyond aesthetics if you have full exotics already. So in the end you're doing it because you want to, not because you have to.
    this is 100% true even if people don't want to accpt it.

I personally think people spam the dungeons cause they want that gear grinding feel other mmo's give and im sorry but its not there in GW2 unless your going for legendary's. then they get mad when the update isn't there.

By this logic, there is no end game beyond getting exotic gear in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? I fail to see the problem. I don't need a reward dangled before my nose to play a game.

Like anet has already said end game starts at level 1. you can go for Exotic gear do some Spvp/WvWvW/work on crafting skills/finish your class quest. for a MMO that's a month old that's a decent amount of content now we wait to see what they add if you remember we only killed 1 elder dragon there is many more to deal with and i can see them adding new race's to play later on maybe in its first x-pac