Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who is your favorite fictional bad ass?

Can be a man or a woman. Try to post a pic and list why you like them, or what they've done that secures them a place in the Halls of Bad-Assery. Yes, the Halls of Bad-Assery are a real thing, or at least they should be. Here's one of my favorite: Ellen Ripley from the Alien films.

To me, Ripley is one of the strongest female characters ever created. She's not just physically tough; her mind and will are like steel. See Ripley isn't some unrealistic flawless character who goes in and blasts the shit out of everything without a second thought, she's scared out of her mind to be surrounded by the most dangerous, violent creatures in space. When the orphan she's chosen to take care of is kidnapped by Xenomorphs to be turned into another biological factory for their kind, she duct tapes a flame thrower to a machine gun and marches right into the Queens lair to retrieve the child. At no point does the fear leave her; horrifyingly painful death awaits her around every corner, and yet she still finds the courage to press forward. Courage is not a lack of fear, it's choosing to do what you must in spite of fear.

After the Xenomorph queen finds it's way onto her ship and traps the child beneath some metal grating, she jumps into a fucking robotic suit of armor and engages the 20 foot tall menace in melee combat. Looking terror incarnate directly in the face as it struggles to rip her to pieces, she finally vanquishes the queen by sending it out the airlock. This chick is hardcore.

I think Ripley personifies both strength and courage, and for that I propose that she be allowed to enter the Halls of Bad-Assery.

Who do you think is a total bad ass?

Edit: Ah, yeah it can be evil bad asses too. Anyone that qualifies as someone you don't want to mess with. In fact, you can use any definition of bad ass that you want :P
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-09-25 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Think the joker, but with a kind smile instead of a cackling laugh. Johan Liebert is who I really think of when people say "Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    Not only did he start killing at the age of 11, he does it in ways that it's near-impossible to link it to himself. Changing identities on the fly. The only people he seems to care about are his sister and the protagonist of the show (Monster).

In Monster, a nazi organization want to build him up to be the next Hitler, but his "ambitions" go much further than even the horrible things he's done. Johan wants to be the only living person left on earth. Teaching children "games" that usually result in them falling to their deaths, putting an entire town up against each other, resulting in little less than a massacre.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

also:

Ulquiorra Cifer, 4th espada in the anime "bleach". I like the melancholic look and timid nature. While he's one of the bad guys, he feels like a good guy.
    Also the fight between him and the main character "ichigo" is glorious

Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...03-800-600.jpg

Trapped in a kid's body and solves in my opinion 98% of the crime in the city he lives in. The guy is a beast, soccer pro, brilliant and has an relatively easily tricked girlfriend waiting for him.
    Last edited by Xerra; 2012-09-25 at 08:16 AM.

Deleted
    Homura Akemi goes back in time like a thousand billion times to save the woman she loves Madoka, she stops time and makes stuff blow up. How badass is that.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyons favourite FF7 baddie has to be on any lists ^_^

Ripley is my favourite fictional badass in western media as well.

Other characters I like are Guts from Berserk, Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Father Anderson from Hellsing, and L from Death Note, among a bunch of others, but my overall favourite would probably be The Nameless One:

An amnesiac immortal cursed by his own immortality and past mistakes, who can take so much of a beating that only a demigod-level entity could kill him, who's equal levels fighter and thinker, and who's just trying to figure out what the fuck is going on in a place that's filled to the brim with pain and confusion at every corner; whose past is so diverse and unknown that, as a planeswalker, he could genuinely be written into any setting imaginable. I guess it helps a lot that the setting is awesome.

His ultimate fate is also very appropriate to the character.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Adam Jensen - That guy sure never asked for this.

Gohan. No explanation needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spawn

Deleted
    Lobo. No contest. Way more funny than Deadpool, who everyone seems to like nowdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Gohan. No explanation needed.
    He's crying in that picture. Real badasses don't fucking cry.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    riddick.

/thread

one bad as mofo that doesn't give a fuck.

Dexter.

Can't wait to watch Season 7.

Deleted
    Death, from darksiders 2

Cos he's Death for god sake!

10+ Year Old Account
    nameless one on first page? nice. he has my vote too.

others would be:
    -wrex and garrus (mass effect)
    -kain (legacy of kain)

acctually not easy to find real badasses. especially when compared to the nameless one.

Deleted
    My favourite bad ass, mf, ever will always be Ellen Ripley.

The Alien, one of my favourite aliens of all time!!

And, of course, the Predator.

These three are the only ones I love!

I can think of quite a few that were more badass, but we're talking my favorite, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted

Sup. Got nothing else to say. /thread etc

I dont know why Sephiroth gets such a bad rap But I love me some Sephiroth, muahahahhaaa!