Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    But you have to remember that she hates demons as well, and with the Blood elves' intentional magic sucking from living creatures and fel energy, it could disgust her to no end. She still has people on the other side who at least stayed true to their race and didn't "turn into" Blood elves.

Also, the former High elves did blame the humans for really petty things (i.e. the burning of their forests done by the forest trolls), and under the leadership of Anasterian Sunstrider, the race as a whole effectively abandoned the Alliance. Only the Windrunner sisters and various rangers wanted to continue their ties with the Alliance, but Anasterian still held his ground. Finally, when after the Scourge attacked, the High elves clung onto the Alliance once more; almost like a big middle finger stuck straight in their faces. I'm sure Alleria could/would understand the Alliance's resentment for the High elves after she went missing, but her race is not forgotten, and most likely, her ideology hasn't been swayed after killing a bunch of demons and fel orcs either.
    You assume Alleria of all people to be reasonable, she threw the same insults, Anasterian told the leaders of the Alliance, into Turalyons face, before Quel'thalas actually left the Alliance. She mocked him for his short life, that the Alliance would rather march to save human cities, that humans couldn't possibly comprehend the loss an elf would feel etc.

She will see that Quel'thalas was sacked and that her people are divided and that high elves are all but extinct, her sister killed and risen as an undead, wreaking havoc upon the northern kingdoms and say to herself fuck why wasn't I here to stop any of this, considering her character she will try to make up for this, but should she take up arms and actively try to fight against Quel'thalas with lines like these tainted traitors shall all die, then blizz screwed up horribly.

Even Vereesa helped defend Quel'thals, even though she is no longer welcome there

Vereesa Windrunner says: Quel'Thalas is as much my home as it is yours and I would not see it fall to our ancient enemy. Now, you tell your cowardly regent --
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-09-29 at 09:58 PM.

OP's post is one year old, no new info and suddenly people take it as proof of next expansion's theme? Who even necro'd this thread?

Couple weeks ago, people were going bonkers over the Dark Below and naga, now back to the legion. It is all as speculative as usual. Nothing to take serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You assume Alleria of all people to be reasonable, she threw the same insults, Anasterian told the leaders of the Alliance, into Turalyons face, before Quel'thalas actually left the Alliance. She will see that Quel'thalas was sacked and that her people are divided and that high elves are all but extinct, her sister killed and risen as an undead, wreaking havoc upon the northern kingdoms and say to herself fuck why wasn't I here to stop any of this, considering her character she will try to make up for this, but should she take up arms and actively try to fight against Quel'thalas with lines like these tainted traitors shall all die, then blizz screwed up horribly.
    I see no evidence of this. We don't really know what Alleria has been doing all this time. We know she jumped planets to essentially go hunt and kill more orcs....for all we know, she's been busy with something that she considers to be of even higher importance than what has been happening back in Azeroth/Outlands. In fact, we should assume this to be the case unless she's been captive for some time, because we haven't seen her since she and Turalyon left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    OP's post is one year old, no new info and suddenly people take it as proof of next expansion's theme? Who even necro'd this thread?

Couple weeks ago, people were going bonkers over the Dark Below and naga, now back to the legion. It is all as speculative as usual. Nothing to take serious.
    Yeah I'm surprised it wasn't locked. But I think we'll see Alleria/Turalyon again soon, if not this next xpac than a future one, so this discussion is relevant-y.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post

I rezzed it on accident thinking that the last post was September of this year. However, the idea is still out there considering Metzen has plans for these two in a future expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I see no evidence of this. We don't really know what Alleria has been doing all this time. We know she jumped planets to essentially go hunt and kill more orcs....for all we know, she's been busy with something that she considers to be of even higher importance than what has been happening back in Azeroth/Outlands. In fact, we should assume this to be the case unless she's been captive for some time, because we haven't seen her since she and Turalyon left.
    Read beyond the Dark portal it is all in there, Alleria sees the Alliance as a means to get at orcs, she insults Turalyon constantly and shortly before the end of the book reconciles and he becomes her lifeline. She almost broke after a few of her family members died, how do you think she will cope with her beloved nation and family utterly destroyed, with the vast majority of the few survivors actually working with her hated nemesis . I can see her in the Alliance ,but I cannot see her in any way actually killing her own people.

Read beyond the Dark portal it is all in there, Alleria sees the Alliance as a means to get at orcs, she insults Turalyon constantly and shortly before the end of the book reconciles and he becomes her lifeline. She almost broke after a few of her family members died, how do you think she will cope with her beloved nation and family utterly destroyed, with the vast majority of the few survivors actually working with her hated nemesis . I can see her in the Alliance ,but I cannot see her in any way actually killing her own people.
    That's a good point. I could see her only willing to "kill" the other members of the Horde, but the Blood elves are off-limits. However, I still think she should be an Alliance hero/leader rather than neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just what azeroth needs...more alliance heroes while horde heroes get cut down left right and center >.<

Read beyond the Dark portal it is all in there, Alleria sees the Alliance as a means to get at orcs, she insults Turalyon constantly and shortly before the end of the book reconciles and he becomes her lifeline. She almost broke after a few of her family members died, how do you think she will cope with her beloved nation and family utterly destroyed, with the vast majority of the few survivors actually working with her hated nemesis
    She would react as anyone likely would, but I don't think that means she'd join the Horde like some people are suggesting. I think she'd likely think her people have gone insane (due to their joining the Orcs along with their addiction to fel magic).

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just what azeroth needs...more alliance heroes while horde heroes get cut down left right and center >.<
    Yes because the destruction of Theramore killed any Horde hero in the process . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Guyz. Stop arguing and just enjoy the fact that two major and lost lore figures are returning. Who does you think you iz?

She would react as anyone likely would, but I don't think that means she'd join the Horde like some people are suggesting. I think she'd likely think her people have gone insane (due to their joining the Orcs along with their addiction to fel magic).
    Oh she will without a doubt not be happy about the current situation and will move heaven and earth, in order to try and change how the things are run in Quel'thalas and might learn each side of the story and at that moment it won't be as easy anymore to play the blame game, since both the elves and the alliance races screwed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Yes because the destruction of Theramore killed any Horde hero in the process . . .
    He is kinda right though, older horde "heroes" were killed off in droves, because of what they did and their alliance counterparts survive to this day, which created quite an imbalance concerning "heroes" and as result many old Alliance heroes return neutral.

Oh she will without a doubt not be happy about the current situation and will move heaven and earth, in order to try and change how the things are run in Quel'thalas and might learn each side of the story and at that moment it won't be as easy anymore to play the blame game, since both the elves and the alliance races screwed up.
    Honestly I'm not sure she would still think of them as "her" people anymore though, a lot has happened since she left. I really want to know what she and Turalyon have been up to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we don't get high elfs/ ogres because this >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    not to sound like a nub but who is turalyon and alleria? I do know they have something to do with the emerald nightmare and that people havent seen them in years. I follow a bit of the lore but alliance lore escapes me. I follow the lore ofthe quiraji and klaxxi and how they have affected people but I dont recall those names anywhere. sorry in advance
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-29 at 10:34 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    They went into the dark portal with the guys at honor hold however they dissapeared.

Honestly I'm not sure she would still think of them as "her" people anymore though, a lot has happened since she left. I really want to know what she and Turalyon have been up to.
    As I said if she doesn't consider them her people it is a cheap cop out, she knows the regent lord and most of his advisers, heck Sylvanas is her sister. She fought with them and knows them, so she will ask why did they turn out like this and most likely I have failed to protect what was dear to me yet again.

Could be anything but should they be stuck on a world with fel radiation, her eyes will have the fel glint of the blood elves.

I wouldn't suggest she'll join the Horde, but if we look at the past of WoW, Blizzard doesn't mind giving Alliance stuff to the Horde, with or without reason or logic, inventing and retconning things on the way and smoothing it out later. While it can add fun to the story, in the end we get "Alliance fist-pump" moments like one we had in Pandaria.. Kirin Tor joins the Alliance.. yay.. And developers literally don't realize WHY Alliance fans don't see that as fist pump moment? Kirin Tor should've been in the Alliance in the first place. People felt cheated because something was taken away, and then they are expected to be LIEK SUPPER GRATEFUL because it was returned to them? Come on.. As a guy who couldn't wait for WoW to start because I was hooked up in the story up to WarCraft 3, seeing Lordaeron hostile to the Alliance and friendly to the Horde was already quite a big dissatisfaction to swallow. At that time kingdom of Lordaeron was core of the Alliance. And I had to make peace with the fact that my first characters will never set foot in the kingdom of Lordaeron. I was like "okay.." and I hoped it's an exception made for the sake of making better game. I did not know I should see it as an implication of how Blizzard plans to treat Alliance in the future. I better stop right here, without talking about Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Silvermoon and naaru-worshipping draenei who are not allied with naaru-worshipping draenei and other idiotic "WE ARE ABOVE FACTION DIFFERENCES!!!!1!1" decisions.

I don't mind Horde getting plenty of stuff, new stuff, old stuff, heck, even Alliance stuff, but we got Alliance lore fans who wait and hope to see something finally in the game, and then they see it as neutral or given to the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The boy is either a master troll, professional pain in the ass, or a dung-tossing primate. Then again, why compromise? All three needn't be mutually exclusive, and exist together in harmony among people I stumble across every day.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-badass-hero

Deleted
    I see them Highelves coming as a playable Race !

10+ Year Old Account
    That this threat suddenly is revived again because someone necroed a 1 year old threat..
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22580834

As I said if she doesn't consider them her people it is a cheap cop out, she knows the regent lord and most of his advisers, heck Sylvanas is her sister. She fought with them and knows them, so she will ask why did they turn out like this and most likely I have failed to protect what was dear to me yet again.
    Vereesa is her sister too though, why choose blood elves (who defected to the orcs, addicted to fel magic) and Sylvanas (a Banshee aberration) over Vereesa, the Silver Covenant and the litany of elves who are NOT Horde?

Honestly I think it's a little weird at this point that Sylvanas and Vereesa have not seen each other in all this time, I think that needs some sort of lore explanation. They're still sisters....I mean during ToT/SoO, how did they not run into each other? :P

I'm assuming that Vereesa is fully aware of what Sylvanas is up to and is simply disgusted at what she has become, but it's not a subject (to my knowledge) that has been touched upon.