Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I'm not seeing her being pleased with what's happened (what's been allowed to happen) with Quel'thalas, honestly. Sunwell's back up, sure. But there's a giant hole in it and there are magic zombie junkies everywhere, pirates are invading, and half the place is Plagued...the steward of Quel'thalas is in for some shit.
    She will feel guilty above all, because she wasn't there to save her homeland and sister from the scourge onslaught, she threw a fit after she lost a brother, her parents and several other kin to the orcs, she blamed all of the orcs for what happened to Quel'thalas, the question is how much would she blame humanity for Arthas's actions, considering the things she said to turalyon during beyond the dark portal her view on the alliance in general wasn't that high.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-09-27 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So is Alleria from Alliance? I googled some images and they were all of a Blood Elf.
    Haha.

She's a High Elf, she left Azeroth before the Blood Elves came into existence. Where her loyalties would lie if she came back is unknown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    There should be capital punishment for spreading false, misleading or over sensationalized information...
    Whilst this is a harsh, misleading over-sensationalised response to many of the posts, once must notice that many people are too readily jumping to conclusions here, especially those saying 'yaaay I will come back if it's high elves or the burning crusade' as a thinly veiled threat suggesting if Blizzard were 'foolish' enough to not provide the exact content they desire, they would never log in again.

Deleted
    Tip : Turalyon and Alleria haven't been seen in years..... says on my load screen quite a lot now ;p maybe its a hint then....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Haha.

She's a High Elf, she left Azeroth before the Blood Elves came into existence. Where her loyalties would lie if she came back is unknown.
    Not sure what is funny, try googling images for her :P
    Didn't really play W3 story nor any previous games, so just wanted to make sure :/
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Except it doesn't make a goddamn lick of sense from the lore, because Tirion was from the outset a neutral party, he gave quests to everyone. Meanwhile, Turalyon is a Priest who became a Paladin from his realization that Orcs are aliens and an abomination on this world. And Alleria is even worse, her whole schtick is that she's hell-bent on revenge because the Orcs killed everyone she ever knew. She singlehandedly killed an entire Orc clan, for heaven's sake!

If they're neutral it's entirely an ass-pull from Metzen.
    Tirion is only neutral because he was sentenced for treason because he helped an Orc (Eitrigg), who later freed Tirion from being hung by the Alliance.

Turalyon and Alleria have no reason to fight against the current Horde or join the current Alliance... they fight the Legion and they'll need help from both parties. If they end up being faction-bound it's an ass-pull, they're better off neutral.

Didn't really play W3 story nor any previous games, so just wanted to make sure :/
    So you can Google images of her, but not her Wowpedia article?

Deleted
    Anyone else think the Alliance is getting way too much? First they win the war, then they get hints at taking back Gilneas and/or Stromgarde and now Alleria and Turalyon are returning?

What has the Horde gotten? They just lost pretty much the whole Orcish population and they got Trolled. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Alliance shouldn't get those things as I think they make a lot of sense. But come on, if there are still Alliance players out there that think the Horde side is getting priority they're obviously delusional. I just want the Horde to get some nice things as well.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    2012-09-25, 08:31 AM Old Topic :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    Alliance is finally getting its heroes! After years and expansions of being horde focused, we are finally getting a wind in our backs. I rememeber writting at the end of TBC about this topic, and discussing what might be with them and where are they and will they finally appear. I, as resident alliance fanboy, fully support general Turalyon and his actions. But i wouldnt call him greatest Alliance hero. Greatest Alliance hero at the moment for sure, but one does does not take title of greatest Alliance hero ever from King Anduin Lothar.

Who knows, with returning of Turalyon maybe Stromgrade will be reinforced too. We could use one fortress in Lordaeron, for sure (i know they said recently it will not be renewed, but one can dream, can he)
    I still don't get it why everyone was "Horde focused"
    BC? Neutral expansion, maybe a little bit more horde because of Kaelthas, but not really.
    WotlK? Alliance expansion.
    Cata? Neutral.
    MoP? Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Anyone else think the Alliance is getting way too much? First they win the war, then they get hints at taking back Gilneas and/or Stromgarde and now Alleria and Turalyon are returning?

What has the Horde gotten? They just lost pretty much the whole Orcish population and they got Trolled. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Alliance shouldn't get those things as I think they make a lot of sense. But come on, if there are still Alliance players out there that think the Horde side is getting priority they're obviously delusional. I just want the Horde to get some nice things as well.
    Thats what you have got for Alliance bullying. Everyone from horde said, that alliance is whining.. Now taste your own medicine.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2013-09-27 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I still don't get it why everyone was "Horde focused"
    BC? Neutral expansion, maybe a little bit more horde because of Kaelthas, but not really.
    WotlK? Alliance expansion.
    Cata? Neutral.
    MoP? Horde.
    cata is as neutral as thrall is, which is to say they're both heavily dominated by the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Haha.

She left Azeroth before her people became Blood Elves, which is what the elves of Quel'thalas are -- in memory of the near annihilation of their race at the hand of the corrupted human prince? A mantle they took up as they followed their own prince up to Northrend to attempt to destroy him, as they fought alongside humans who betrayed them trying to reclaim Lordaeron from the Undead? That is who the people are.

The only ones calling themselves "high elves" now are people who thought that, as a way of proving their disagreement with the way their people were being led, decided to abandon the name "sin'dorei" because it was more important to flip off Kael'thas than to honor the most significant event in the history of their entire race, yes, including the War of the Ancients.

I just can't imagine that the Alleria I've read about would be unmoved by the events of the Third War and would just blindly say "no, you fought alongside orcs, I hate my entire country now forever". The lady probably has green eyes, considering that the Blood Elves got it from ambient fel energy and most of them not from actual fel consumption.

Deleted
    If this thread was recent, like "now" then I'd believe the next expansion is surely Burning Legion. However, since the thread is over 1 year old, I bet even Metzen forgat about what he said

We "win" the war in lore-mentions alone, taking Gilneas and/or Stromgarde is hinted at alone (Will it really happen?), as for Alleria and Turalyon: what role will they have when they return?

So all in all: wait and see what happens before you complain, i'll wait and see whether i rejoice...

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She will feel guilty above all, because she wasn't there to save her homeland and sister from the scourge onslaught, she threw a fit after she lost a brother, her parents and several other kin to the orcs, she blamed all of the orcs for what happened to Quel'thalas, the question is how much would she blame humanity for Arthas's actions, considering the things she said to turalyon during beyond the dark portal her view on the alliance in general wasn't that high.
    Before she went missing into the Twisting Nether, Alleria was actually one of the few High elves to question the population's disapproval of the Alliance humans; which I totally understand since the High elves were being ridiculous in their denunciation from them. Alleria never wanted to step away from the Alliance, but Dath's opinion couldn't be swayed by her, so she had no choice.

Even with the Alliance getting those things (some of those things), the Alliance has also had some setbacks and losses. Horde has gotten quite a lot as well, but they haven't "lost" as much as the Alliance per se.

I'm very much hoping that Metzen's words are honoured for the next expansion, legion-or-not. Loose ends need to be tied up. There's still a chance it won't be the immediate next expo, since it's always up to the Game Designers first and foremost, but at least we know they're not forgotten.

For Lothar!

Blood Elf lore update would be glorious.

Turalyon/Alleria AND Sylvanas talking to her sis would also be amazing.

And you know what would be EVEN BETTER? Draenei lore!! I honestly hate the playable race, but I'd be damned if I don't see Velen get built up in this next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    If this thread was recent, like "now" then I'd believe the next expansion is surely Burning Legion. However, since the thread is over 1 year old, I bet even Metzen forgat about what he said
    I saw 9/25 and just assumed it was a 2013 thread =/
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    no, images are of a High elf. High Elves have blue shiny eyes, Blood elves have Green shiny eyes. That's about the only difference between them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    cata is as neutral as thrall is, which is to say they're both heavily dominated by the horde.
    He might have been for the time we fought deathwing, but is not anymore. (Not the MoP ending cinematic)