Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it worth coming back?

I am absolutely not interested in high end raiding anymore. After being successful hardcore raider for a longer (too long) time I am sick of raiding 6 times a week.

I quit WoW about 9 months ago. But the upcoming year (until summer 2013, where I will quit again) Ill have a lot of free time to spare and I dont see myself going out every night.
    I used to play LoL with friends to kill some time right now, but I wont be able to do that anymore pretty soon, for I will be living in South Korea for 6 months as of February 2013... the time difference will kill almost any social contact with my friends in Europe.

Therefore, my biggest problems are:

1) Where should I play? Can I connect to european servers from Korea? Can I connect to american Servers? Which one should I connect to, anyway? I dont see myself playing on korean servers, for my Korean is non existent. If I want to start right now, can I start playing on american servers?

2) I am not up to date regarding MOP at all. Ive read a bit about it, but thats it. How is the PVP going to be? Since I want to be 100% casual, some BG PVP would be nice.

3) How much more content is being offered in Panda by comparison to BC, WotLK and Cata?

Thanks to anybody who seriously answers me :P

Edit: GOD DAMMIT. Why did this end up in Fun Stuff? Mod, pls.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-09-25 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) With your account, you can connect to the game from anywhere in the world. you can use your european account or buy a new one from battle.net (EU, EU, etc).
    2) It's not 100% casual, it's actually a lot fun, a lot of new scenery, except dungeons, they are indeed casual and just too easy.
    3) There are a lot of new content, zones are alive and there a lot of things going on in them. I actually am enjoying leveling in the Jade Forest. It's not as boring as Cataclysm at all. Factions are awesome, some quests are really fun. Jade Forest reminds me a lot of Zangarmarsh and Sholazar Basin (I really like those zones). No flying mounts till level cap.

I for one am having a blast, I'm counting down to get home from work and resume playing. Only downside for me was, I couldn't play my main on Auchindoun (EU) due to massive amount of online people, it was laggy and unplayable. I think server crashed also. Had to go to my character's in Skullcrusher. How 'bout that? Being on a dead realm actually paid off.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Thanks.

Right now its 18:41 in Soul. Thats 6:41pm
    Its 11:48am in Europe Berlin Time.
    Its 5:44am in New York

And I am very dumb. When its 8pm in Korea, it will be around 1pm in Europe. Thats good enough lol.

ps.: I will be leveling from lvl 1 again. Did Panda change anything regarding the old content or is it still "Cata"?
    The other question is latency... Korea -> Europe = bad ping??
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-09-25 at 10:00 AM. Reason: cut that. my mind was confused. its 7 hours back, not the other way around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Thanks.

And I am very dumb. When its 8pm in Korea, it will be around 1pm in Europe. Thats good enough lol.

ps.: I will be leveling from lvl 1 again. Did Panda change anything regarding the old content or is it still "Cata"?
    Not really, only the Pandaren Wandering Isle is new there as far as I know. Have a lot of 85s that need to be in raiding shape by the end of the month so I didn't really check out starting zones yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    1) With your account, you can connect to the game from anywhere in the world. you can use your european account or buy a new one from battle.net (EU, EU, etc).
    2) It's not 100% casual, it's actually a lot fun, a lot of new scenery, except dungeons, they are indeed casual and just too easy.
    3) There are a lot of new content, zones are alive and there a lot of things going on in them. I actually am enjoying leveling in the Jade Forest. It's not as boring as Cataclysm at all. Factions are awesome, some quests are really fun. Jade Forest reminds me a lot of Zangarmarsh and Sholazar Basin (I really like those zones). No flying mounts till level cap.

I for one am having a blast, I'm counting down to get home from work and resume playing. Only downside for me was, I couldn't play my main on Auchindoun (EU) due to massive amount of online people, it was laggy and unplayable. I think server crashed also. Had to go to my character's in Skullcrusher. How 'bout that? Being on a dead realm actually paid off.
    I've played on Auchindoun eu......... U do not wanna be on outland eu right now

Thanks.

If you are looking for a similar time zone you can play US realms oceanic. As of posting this its 7pm in Korea, 6pm in Western Australia and 8pm in Eastern Australia so that would line up pretty well.

Just don't play on Frostmourne as it has a 3500 queue.

Quote Originally Posted by PiratePete1911 View Post
    If you are looking for a similar time zone you can play US realms oceanic. As of posting this its 7pm in Korea, 6pm in Western Australia and 8pm in Eastern Australia so that would line up pretty well.

Frostmourne is the only Oceanic realm worth being on.

haha Vizzle i know man, best Oceanic server for sure.

But being as old as time itself, it's Q's are damning to say the least.

Edit. Started at 2690 at 6pm, it's 1150 at 8:15. Might be able to play 30 minutes before I go to sleep =(

Whether to come back or not, is a subjective question. Imho. I enjoyed the MoP beta and will likely continue playing. The new endgame content is well made, the designers really tried to make something new and not only recycle old content.
    Playing MoP from Korea could be problematic. I had a friend who was in China, Honk Kong for several years, and playing WoW from there was really difficult for him. Sure, you can do quests, but as soon as you are about to do some dungeons or even raids, you will probably have to face several lags.
    I think US Servers would be a better solution. You can just download a Starter Edition from US and EU and try out, what is better. You can even play Pandaren now in the Starter Edition and check them out. But remember, if you already have an EU WoW Account you can't just switch to US, if you want to play on US Servers, you have to buy the whole game for an US Battle.net account.
    Last edited by RyudoTFO; 2012-09-25 at 10:20 AM.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heres a reason for you to come back, in regards to the question about PVP.

Rogues seem weak.

Do you enjoy griefing others?
    Do you enjoy being unable to do anything in any non Pandaria zone? (Pet battles etc)
    Do you enjoy being camped?

If the answers to the above is yes, then now is the perfect time to come and play World of Warcraft. With many new features to make your gaming experience more frustrating, MOP/CRZ could be the best gaming choice for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    Do you enjoy being unable to do anything in any non Pandaria zone? (Pet battles etc)

If the answers to the above is yes, then now is the perfect time to come and play World of Warcraft. With many new features to make your gaming experience more frustrating, MOP/CRZ could be the best gaming choice for you!
    Awww, sounds like a butthurt carebear.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-09-25 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post

To your point, I really hope they dump CRZ, remove it completely. I truly hate how impossible everything is since CRZ went live. I'm glad they're not up in pandaren zones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PiratePete1911 View Post

I have a Battle.net EU account, but only Diablo 3 active. No WoW account as of yet. Got rid of my old one and bought a new one. I guess I have to create a completely new Battle.net US account?

I think the internet in Korea cannot be compared to China. Korea is crazy and afaik I will have a steady 100mbit connection. Thats kinda standard over there. Yet I am not sure if my ping is going to be alright if I connect anywhere outside Asia.

Anybody here with experience?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-09-25 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate, you're gonna be living in Korea! Go practice Starcraft and become a GODLIKE SUPERSTAR. :O
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    haha Vizzle i know man, best Oceanic server for sure.

But being as old as time itself, it's Q's are damning to say the least.

Edit. Started at 2690 at 6pm, it's 1150 at 8:15. Might be able to play 30 minutes before I go to sleep =(
    The queues will die after a day or two. Better on a full server than a dead one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 06:56 PM ----------

I have a Battle.net EU account, but only Diablo 3 active. No WoW account as of yet. Got rid of my old one and bought a new one. I guess I have to create a completely new Battle.net US account?

I think the internet in Korea cannot be compared to China. Korea is crazy and afaik I will have a steady 100mbit connection. Thats kinda standard over there. Yet I am not sure if my ping is going to be alright if I connect anywhere outside Asia.

Anybody here with experience?
    I used to play WoW US from the Philippines. I'd get ~300ms on average (200 with latency fix). Doesn't matter if you're on Oceanic or US servers, they're all still located in the US.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-09-25 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Mate, you're gonna be living in Korea! Go practice Starcraft and become a GODLIKE SUPERSTAR. :O
    Screw starcraft ^^ I want to play something where I am already very good at :P

I used to play WoW US from the Philippines. I'd get ~300ms on average (200 with latency fix). Doesn't matter if you're on Oceanic or US servers, they're all still located in the US.
    Shouldnt I, with awsum internetz, have a better ping? What kind of internet connection did you have?

if you want to pay for afking then go for it

Screw starcraft ^^ I want to play something where I am already very good at :P

Shouldnt I, with awsum internetz, have a better ping? What kind of internet connection did you have?
    I honestly don't think you'll have any better than that, even with amazing internet, purely because of the distance. You might, but I doubt it. However, it's not unplayable. 200-300ms is still very playable, and the only part of the game where it really matters is if you're doing high-end raiding or 2500 arena. And since you said you're going to be casual, you really won't notice the ms.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I honestly don't think you'll have any better than that, even with amazing internet, purely because of the distance. You might, but I doubt it. However, it's not unplayable. 200-300ms is still very playable, and the only part of the game where it really matters is if you're doing high-end raiding or 2500 arena. And since you said you're going to be casual, you really won't notice the ms.
    True that. I only fear those pings because I am used to alt f4 when I have to play with such a ping... or better yet, my raid leader switched me out if I had spikes... so there was nothing else to do but to go offline.

I think Ill create a US battle.net account and test it out...

Ugh... that brings up another question... How can I pay for my sub? I guess game cards are the best option then, since I do not have a credit card?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-09-25 at 11:10 AM.