Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Have you tried a more defensive approach? Like this: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ZTX!aeU!aacaZb

Basically, you just have to make sure he doesn't get near you so you keep him slowed all the times and if he gets to you, you use Horrify. You must dodge the grip and charge and I believe if you are at max range you can very easily do so. Take advantage of the time he is stunned to spam the bats.
    I was able to beat him with a slight variation of this build. Thanks! This next act has been super frustrating with all the sandworms and little fly type things that shoot the other fly type things. Having a hard time picking a spec that allows me to semi tank them but they dip out under the sands so quickly that the dps up time is minimal and takes me forever to kite. I have Fro

I have tried bats, cloud and a few others, even fetish army and bah... Grrrr!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I was able to beat him with a slight variation of this build. Thanks! This next act has been super frustrating with all the sandworms and little fly type things that shoot the other fly type things. Having a hard time picking a spec that allows me to semi tank them but they dip out under the sands so quickly that the dps up time is minimal and takes me forever to kite. I have Fro

I don't think you can do Act 2 with your current gear. It's significantly harder than Act 1 (as you have noticed already) so I would suggest you farm Act 1 alot and get enough combination of Resistances (500+) and Health (25k+) that would allow you to kill anything in Act 2 with no issue. I understand that you want to be a little tanky and not kite a mob pack all over the map whilst pulling other things but in order to sit there and take even 2-3 hits you need enough resistances, armor and health which will come with gear and cannot be replaced with any combination of passives or active abilities. The only thing that comes to mind that would make your progression easier is the use of dogs. I use them myself and they are pretty good at tanking normal and (most) elite enemies.

Also, after the patch Act 1 would probably be a very good place to farm therefore getting used to it and following a certain path you like would make it easier for you. Endgame = farming so there is no need to struggle through an Act you will not be able to farm

10+ Year Old Account

Those sand things are annoying as they ignore pets, or well your pets bug out when they're burrowed, and the moment you are not in range with them they burrow again. Next patch they'll be fixed a little, and will burrow less often. Best thing to do is use Spirit Walk and nuke them with Zombie Bears, run away as your Spirit Walk ends, etc. For the Wasps I find Leaping Spiders invaluable.

But as Necroterror said Act II is a step up and if you want to be tanky you are going to need more health and resistences. There's just nothing to be done about it. I would still suggest to run with both Gargantuan and Dogs. They keep things busy while you nuke them. With the Grave Injustice passive you will almost always have them available in case they do die.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Those sand things are annoying as they ignore pets, or well your pets bug out when they're burrowed, and the moment you are not in range with them they burrow again. Next patch they'll be fixed a little, and will burrow less often. Best thing to do is use Spirit Walk and nuke them with Zombie Bears, run away as your Spirit Walk ends, etc. For the Wasps I find Leaping Spiders invaluable.

But as Necroterror said Act II is a step up and if you want to be tanky you are going to need more health and resistences. There's just nothing to be done about it. I would still suggest to run with both Gargantuan and Dogs. They keep things busy while you nuke them. With the Grave Injustice passive you will almost always have them available in case they do die.
    Thank you sir! I now pronounce you, D3 Guru I appreciate you taking the time to help me on an ongoing bases. Most forum folks would call me a nub and move on.

I will surely give those spiders a try, I could really use some help there. The bouncing skull hits them as well but it's not as effective as I had hoped. I got so fed up last night that I tried my hand at a barb... Wow 100 times easier to play. It appears from speaking with other others that WD is most def the hardest class to start with.

I was dying so often that I blew about 100k on repairs without landing 1 upgrade and making very little progression. Especially when you die at a check point and you get spammed killed by an elite pack.

Like usual, I'll follow your tips and post back with my progress! Thanks again

Witch doctor was my first character and I still enjoy playing him but I have found that I always struggled with Boss fights unless I took a really defensive approach. WD is KING of trash though.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    I don't think you can do Act 2 with your current gear. It's significantly harder than Act 1 (as you have noticed already) so I would suggest you farm Act 1 alot and get enough combination of Resistances (500+) and Health (25k+) that would allow you to kill anything in Act 2 with no issue. I understand that you want to be a little tanky and not kite a mob pack all over the map whilst pulling other things but in order to sit there and take even 2-3 hits you need enough resistances, armor and health which will come with gear and cannot be replaced with any combination of passives or active abilities. The only thing that comes to mind that would make your progression easier is the use of dogs. I use them myself and they are pretty good at tanking normal and (most) elite enemies.

Also, after the patch Act 1 would probably be a very good place to farm therefore getting used to it and following a certain path you like would make it easier for you. Endgame = farming so there is no need to struggle through an Act you will not be able to farm
    Ahh yes, my other guru! Thank you sir. I agree with you guys, I need to take a step back and take on some of the easier content for a bit. As far as progression goes, I am hurting myself because I am not getting any better or upgrading any gear. I just keep ending up dead with high repair bills. Not looking forward to any of that so I will continue to farm what I can actually handle. I think instead of actually trying to advance I'll drop back down to my bears build and go smash some lesser zombies until I can get my weight up. Thanks for reassuring me and keeping me on th right track gentlemen, much appreciated <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you sir! I now pronounce you, D3 Guru I appreciate you taking the time to help me on an ongoing bases. Most forum folks would call me a nub and move on.

I will surely give those spiders a try, I could really use some help there. The bouncing skull hits them as well but it's not as effective as I had hoped. I got so fed up last night that I tried my hand at a barb... Wow 100 times easier to play. It appears from speaking with other others that WD is most def the hardest class to start with.

I was dying so often that I blew about 100k on repairs without landing 1 upgrade and making very little progression. Especially when you die at a check point and you get spammed killed by an elite pack.

Like usual, I'll follow your tips and post back with my progress! Thanks again
    Happy to help you out. Wouldn't worry too much about pushing into act II. Everyone of us has been there in front of that wall between act 1 and 2, and again between act 2 and 3. Just try to run Warden + Butcher till you get better geared, and try again. Keep trying different builds and see which one you like best. Zombie Bears is very good but since you are close to the mobs you are going to need more defences. Acid Rain is a bit more forgiving in that way but on the other hand it's a bit slower against elite packs.