Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rob Pardo tweeted today
    Its been pretty fun getting deeply involving with WOW again. The next expansion is going to be awesome
    https://twitter.com/Rob_Pardo/status/261898014640205824

The day every race can be every class as an accepted norm and standard is the day I will feel WoW has completely abandoned any "give a shit" for lore entirely.

So sick of watering down anything unique about the races just because "I want that too!"

Even if they twist and bend the lore to explain it and open it up, I'd prefer they do so with a unique intro quest chain or something that details the struggles and difficulties with adopting an approach that is completely abhorrent to your cultural identity to maintain some semblance of giving a damn about the lore. -_-

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Warlock and DK shared Death Coil before MoP. So one or two spell sharing or reworked version of them isn't problem I think.

Blademaster appeared in Pandaria (gosh he could have pants on him -_-)
    I feel like the blademaster would be harder to work than the DH. The DH fills a new role, fits with the probable next theme, and is wanted.

The Blademaster is an arms warrior with a flag, has nothing to do with the legion, and is not wanted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear Metzen pitched some of the new expansion's crux points to a few higher-up devs just the other day. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I hear Metzen pitched some of the new expansion's crux points to a few higher-up devs just the other day. :x
    From where/who?

I think the legion is a given at this point. And they are coming to azeroth.

Thing is where?

Think about it, where will the legion be? entirely new zones hidden away somehow that are added just to be fell corrupted blights? will they fel corrupt a few zones and raise their level cap? is that why places like arathi and silithus didnt get a giant redesign in the shattering patch?

Or maybe for once we are taking early precautions and heading to the formerly sealed portals on outland? maybe each one takes us to the remains of a world, one of two zones of legion footholds we can destroy?

I mean metzen said "the story wont end with sargeras, theres always new big bads to kill", maybe nows the end of sargeras, just not the end of wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Thing is where?

Think about it, where will the legion be? entirely new zones hidden away somehow that are added just to be fell corrupted blights? will they fel corrupt a few zones and raise their level cap? is that why places like arathi and silithus didnt get a giant redesign in the shattering patch?

Or maybe for once we are taking early precautions and heading to the formerly sealed portals on outland? maybe each one takes us to the remains of a world, one of two zones of legion footholds we can destroy?

I mean metzen said "the story wont end with sargeras, theres always new big bads to kill", maybe nows the end of sargeras, just not the end of wow?
    There is nowhere left on Azeroth that wouldn't relegate a more-established threat to Illidan status or be a complete ass pull.

Great Sea? Azshara ring a bell?

Emerald Dream? Ass pull and a pre-existing threat.

New continent? Ass pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    The day every race can be every class as an accepted norm and standard is the day I will feel WoW has completely abandoned any "give a shit" for lore entirely.

So sick of watering down anything unique about the races just because "I want that too!"

Even if they twist and bend the lore to explain it and open it up, I'd prefer they do so with a unique intro quest chain or something that details the struggles and difficulties with adopting an approach that is completely abhorrent to your cultural identity to maintain some semblance of giving a damn about the lore. -_-
    i agree with you :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone said the Legion was a given before the last xpac was announced. No one predicted the Sha. There is nothing that is a given, Blizzard can surprise us. Just when you think you've figured out a pattern (new races - new class - new races...) they get you again.

Before we'll get any word on the next xpac, we need word on the next Blizzcon.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Most likely next expansion will be that one with Burning legion, it will bring 10 or 9 (if developers will want to stop on more esthetically pleasant number 99) levels, will introduce Plane of Xoroth, perhaps another neutral playable race and class. In this expansion we will face Sargeras, Old Gods and Chromatus (perhaps also Azshara, as she is currently halfly Old God herself).

After that Blizzard will start focusing [even] more on other projects, however WoW might receive various additional updates (like unlimited leveling or other Alternate Advancement system) after Sargeras expansion.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-10-26 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotharfox View Post
    Everyone said the Legion was a given before the last xpac was announced. No one predicted the Sha. There is nothing that is a given, Blizzard can surprise us. Just when you think you've figured out a pattern (new races - new class - new races...) they get you again.

Before we'll get any word on the next xpac, we need word on the next Blizzcon.
    No one said the legion was next. Everyone just said they wished it would be.

Everyone was predicting Azshara.

Or maybe for once we are taking early precautions and heading to the formerly sealed portals on outland? maybe each one takes us to the remains of a world, one of two zones of legion footholds we can destroy
    I've had that idea myself. It can also be a way to add new, exoctic races to the game:

When the portals were opened, several orc clans managed to escape before Draenor tore itself apart. On one world the orcs found a powerful people, who sheltered them and taught them. In time they became allies.

On another, a more aggressive clan thought they had found a weak people they could eliminate and replace. But they had been followed by an Alliance force, who stopped them and drove them into the hinterlands. Here, Turalyon and Alleria have lived among the people, building their society up and modeling the values of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Most likely next expansion will be that one with Burning legion, it will bring 10 or 9 (if developers will want to stop on more esthetically pleasant number 99) levels, will introduce Plane of Xoroth, perhaps another neutral playable race and class. In this expansion we will face Sargeras, Old Gods and Chromatus (perhaps also Azshara, as she is currently halfly Old God herself).

After that Blizzard will start focusing [even] more on other projects, however WoW might receive various additional updates (like unlimited leveling or other Alternate Advancement system) after Sargeras expansion.
    As long as its making them money i dont think wow will just 'end', however i could see after level 99/100 they pull out the advance levels/ paragon levels type jobbie.

i love the lore of wow always have i own a decent amount of the novels and ive always enjoyed both speculated lore as well as actual lore but in my honest oppinion sargeras is the ultimate villian the biggest threat we will probaly ever face so bringing him into the very next exspansion to me seems like it would end wow...............................................................
    Soon i shall awaken, soon i will be unleashed, soon our prophet will do what he know's he must and let me loose upon those who would dare call themselves my people's enemy's................my rise will bring fear to the heart of many the vengence of the draenei is coming those from draenor and beyond have not forgotten and we will show no mercy DEATH TO THE HORDE!!!!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    There is no reason any race cannot be any class....even if using the "same mechanics for a different class" excuse Gnome Priests (Doctors and Surgeons) and Tauren Paladins (Sunwalker Druids) use.

Troll Paladin? A return to the Zandalari Freethinkers.
    Gnomish Druids? Shapeshifting tech FTW!!!!
    Gnomish Shamans? Tinkers - summon mecha instead of elementals, use a lightning gun to go with their Lightning Shield and plant turrets instead of totems.
    Night Elf Paladin? A Plate wearing class that use melee and magic abilities to tank, dps and heal? Paladin.
    Worgen Paladin? Always been there; just never used similar to Dwarf Mages.
    Human druids? Gilnean nature worshippers not affected by the curse.
    Forsaken Paladins? Shadow Knights. Use Shadow instead of Holy.

And so on

There are very few that won't work. Pandaren Death Knights as an example. Maybe Draenei Warlocks. Very few others.

EJL

If the next expansion doesn't send us against the forces of the burning legion I would be honestly surprised, we havn't heard a word from them since burning crusade

sargeras will be kept for the last boss of the game (its so lame that some mere "mortals" would be able to fight him though, but that didnt prevent em for killing malygos / arthas etc)
    hes like the ultimate bad guy so theres no way theyre bringing him next expac. if they do then its because theyre pretty much done with WoW
    and theres no way theyll make us fight the burning legion without sargeras there so.. ("we" already fought with kil'jaeden and archimonde)

Deleted
    I think it's interesting that the monk trainer Master Cheng remarks that he wishes he could have been a demon hunter.

A subtle hint about a scrapped class or a future one?

Another fact to speculate on whould be the speech we are given once exalted with the klaxxi.

“Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi. You are to be rewarded. Walk with me. We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with – they are but children. They have their role to play. Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return. With each generation, we grow ever stronger. Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub. Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj. Great was the old one, and terrible was His wrath. He cosumed hope and begat despair. He inhaled courage and breathed fear. When the usurpers came – the ones you call “Titans” - Y'shaarj was destoryed. His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory. I tell you now, because you have earned this warning. Your gods are not your gods, outsider. If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side. The wisest among you will do the same.”

This klaxxi seems to think that the titans are bad.. really bad.. so bad in fact that he suggest to us the players (who at this stage have exalted status among their kind" to join them and fight for the old gods against the titans..
    Also, the datamined conversation with a demon, saying they were the titans dogs until sargeras freed them... Another indcation that the titans are anything but good :P
    Afterall we must remember, the titans never intended for us to live, it was the old gods that gave us life, Without the curse of flesh, we whould not excist!

The panethon returning to azeorth might actually be just as bad as the burning legion.. and the only way we could have a say in the matter of what will happen to azeroth is to stand behind something powerfull enough to fight back... Old ones "
    If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side. The wisest among you will do the same"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

This klaxxi seems to think that the titans are bad.. really bad.. so bad in fact that he suggest to us the players (who at this stage have exalted status among their kind" to join them and fight for the old gods against the titans..
    Also, the datamined conversation with a demon, saying they were the titans dogs until sargeras freed them... Another indcation that the titans are anything but good :P
    Afterall we must remember, the titans never intended for us to live, it was the old gods that gave us life, Without the curse of flesh, we whould not excist!

The panethon returning to azeorth might actually be just as bad as the burning legion.. and the only way we could have a say in the matter of what will happen to azeroth is to stand behind something powerfull enough to fight back... Old ones "
    If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side. The wisest among you will do the same"
    yeah sure, their god " He cosumed hope and begat despair. He inhaled courage and breathed fear", titans came and beat the crap out of him, and that makes them bad? lol. Klaxxi are evil so they follow evil god, that makes titans good guys.