Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    I feel its very likely based on what blue posts have said that it will be back to outland to deal with the burning legion again somehow.

I'm hoping it isn't though, I far prefer the more immersive and earthly environments from wrath and mop than the more fantasy leaning zones from tbc and cata.

In addition to which I never liked the burning legion artwork or demon themes, so I doubt I'd play if that's the direction it goes in.
    I in contrary doubt that you doubt that you wont play... I guess you will, like I did also ;-)
    An I have to add, I prefer the more earthly regions too, the region I liked most in tbc was the forest outside shattrath. All this flying isles in the air are just too much... and the abyss always in sight... pff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    If they go with demon hunters as a new hero class they better go with mail armor. We have enough leather wearers. Mail seriously needs some love. And make sure they are VASTLY different from warlocks.

Also giving the high elves to the alliance would be a bad idea. It would give people the impression that blizzard favors the horde and are lazy. "Horde get new race ally's get a rehash.. "
    (Ethrals as a neutral race would be amazing though)
    i for one would not mind "rehashed" race. Iv wanted highelfs since vanilla. (but with blue eyes). And demon hunters... yes please! make em somewhat like the ones you played in wc3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    i for one would not mind "rehashed" race. Iv wanted highelfs since vanilla. (but with blue eyes). And demon hunters... yes please! make em somewhat like the ones you played in wc3
    Problem is, warlock got most of their abilities. Demon hunters wouldn't be the same without immolate and demon form, but maybe they could get modified versions.

Though I really want an ability like the Warden's Spirit of Vengeance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Problem is, warlock got most of their abilities. Demon hunters wouldn't be the same without immolate and demon form, but maybe they could get modified versions.

well all that is true, i just wonder what kind of class it would be. I mean blademaster is pretty much a warrior, and runemaster is almost as a dk.

Whatever they would put in as a "Hero" class, you have to know that in the interests of balance, they wouldn't be any stronger than anything else. I really don't see the point. We have enough classes now. Adding more just makes the balancing issue that much harder.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a note guys, just because we have hints towards a Burning Legion expansion, it does not mean it has to be the next expansion.

In TBC we had hints that Deathwing was alive. However, that didn't come into play until after Wrath. I think Wrathion would be more concerned if the invasion was to happen soon, and he doesn't seem to be. That's why I think an Azshara expansion makes sense for the next expansion. We could possibly see something with the Tomb of Sargeras in an Azshara expansion, which could give more hints to the Legion returning, and Wrathion could continue to prepare us. MoP is about bringing the factions together, Azshara's expansion could be about actually finding a way to stop the Legion.

Deleted
    Remember that Blizzard already said that they will ressurect Illidan so next expansion might be about Burning Legion but another thing that comes to my mind is... The new Lich King. Cause he's asleep right now but he must awake some day.

I really doubt the burning legion is going to be the next expansion. There is no baddy in the burning legion other than Sargeras that an expansion could focus on. If it was a lesser demon lord that was the title villain, that wouldn't work. Because sooner or later w'll have to go back and kill Sargeras, and blizzard wouldn't make 2 burning legion expansions in such short a time frame.

Azshara is next, through her we'll be reintroduced to the legion and THEN expansion 6 will be the Sargeras one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post

Burning Legion comes to Azeroth?
    Good luck finding another all-new continent.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I hope Queen Azshara gets an expansion focused around her, and is that expansion's final boss. We need to a female main villain for a change. I do not want to resolve the problem with Azshara, N'Zoth, Ozumat and Neptulon in a single content patch. It would not make sense to fight them AFTER we have defeated Sargeras.
    What in the heck does the gender of the main antagonist have to do with anything lol. I sure as hell won't be staring at the final raid boss' anatomy while I'm stomping them. There isn't enough real stuff to fill out an entire expansion for Azshara, despite your disapproval of that issue being a content patch, I think that would be the best option, unless we want another completely 'out of left field' expansion like Mists. Granted, MoP is fun (better than Cata IMO), I'm a bit upset that the lore is completely new, they just 'took a break' from established dogma to unveil an island that works entirely differently than everywhere else (sha and the seemingly complete absence of 'the light' in events).

I think Azshara would fit in perfectly as a content patch during the cycle of a serious burning legion expansion considering her backstory. Put together the facts in the OP and the 'hidden quest' that grants an achievement in darkshore, about finding the scrolls teaching someone how to become a demon hunter and there is more to back up the DH class than any other options short of skipping a class in the next xpac (which would suck, I personally hated having no new class in cata).

Ozumat and Neptulon aren't really THAT important in the game, they seem like they are being used as a backdrop for the Azshara story, and therefore, wouldn't be much more than raid bosses/NPCs in her dungeon or having to do with a faction opposing her.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Perhaps a flavourfull expansion of Demons Ships Sea Creature and Pirates ?

edit: err and trolls

and also the trade princes of Kezan: Ones a Mobster, Ones a Tinker, Ones an Armsdealer/Dictator(with cuban cigars), Ones a Tinker and one is a Pirate Lord. I'm not sure if Gallywix counts as Mobster he's more of a pimp/buisness man/factory owner, there needs to be an Italian Don goblin cartel.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-10-16 at 03:57 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Whatever they would put in as a "Hero" class, you have to know that in the interests of balance, they wouldn't be any stronger than anything else. I really don't see the point. We have enough classes now. Adding more just makes the balancing issue that much harder.
    adding more classes adds to the games longlivity. It would be like saying: naa lets not add anymore content now, its enough!
    I for one need a enjoyable and fun class to play along with new quests/raids to find the game enjoyable/funny enough to pay every month for it. So adding new races and classes is important and i think im not the only one who has that train of thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Give us Argus and Legion Expansion already Come on blizzard create your version of Eye of Terror, without silly pandas, rabbits,monkeys and "things" like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Warlock and DK shared Death Coil before MoP. So one or two spell sharing or reworked version of them isn't problem I think.

Blademaster appeared in Pandaria (gosh he could have pants on him -_-)

i would be willing to bet money on the next expansion being about the burning legion and the return of illidan. we wont fight sargeras obviously since the legion spans multiple planets and worlds killing sargeras in the first burning legion expansion would be full blown retarded.

if they go the bc style i could see them adding ogres for the horde and ethereal for the alliance or arrakoa or furbolgs

if they go the wrath style demon hunters as a hero class are the obvious choice

mists style (this one i think is most likely) will see the demon hunters and possibly ethereals as a neutral race or some other alien race.

mix of bc and mists, again obviously demon hunters as a hero class and 2 races one for horde one for alliance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Time to lay out some predictions. Bear in mind that anything can happen when Blizzard puts their mind to it, and I think they're building up to something very interesting in the shakeup within the horde (especially given the new lines we get for Lor'thremar in 5.1). Please see these for what they are (a huge wishlist)

Blood elves become Neutral: For game purposes, this is done to show what happened because of the civil war. Lore - Though Lor'thremar had his moment of doubt, he has reaffirmed his place in the horde now that Garosh is out of the picture. Unfortunately, many blood elves don't agree with his decision and have rallied behind Vereesa Windrunner. With Rhonin's widow to vouch for them, they rejoin the alliance and once again call themselves high elves. Existing blood elves remain loyal to the horde. New blood elves get a starting quest line that ends in them choosing a faction.

Return to Outland: With the Legion's cover blown, both the horde and the alliance are scrambling to learn what they can do before the impending attack. To this end, the horde reaches out to Rexxar and the Mok'Nathal to learn more about what happened in hopes of preventing it. To prove her loyalty to the Alliance, Vereesa travels to outland to meet with her recently returned older sister for similar reasons. After being away for so long from her family, Alleria decides to remain neutral to the factions after meeting with both Vereesa and Sylvanas. Sylvanas keeps herself at arms' length, though, so her story with the others isn't as strong.

Outland 90-95: The new continent is a transformed and somewhat rejuvinated Outland. With the Maghar finding faith in Shattrath and learning druidism from Azeroth, they have been hard at work making what's left of their world liveable. Like a cancer that has to be cut out, the goblins and the Ethereal have severed Netherstorm from the rest of the region so its continued unravelling wouldn't affect the rest of Outland. Hellfire Peninsula (94-95) is the official PVP zone now and there are alliance/horde strongholds where once were but camps. Players will be offered safety by their factions upon entering through the dark portal, but woe unto those who fly out beyond their influence. The real questing begins at Shattrath and Terokar (90-91), and players can safely purchase a taxi there if they want. With Netherstorm gone, the ruins of Tempest Keep and Kael'thas' remaining loyalists have used the last of their power to fly to Nagrand (91-92/95), where they have now crashed and are frantically trying to reactivate the portal there for some sinister purpose. Shadowmoon valley (95-95) is now a training ground for Demonhunters as they battle the remaining legion strongholds built there. The Bone Wastes are gone(90-91), and Auchindown is restored thanks to the Sha'tar. The ogres of Blades' Edge (93-94): have cleared out the legion, the netherwing, and the black dragons and are setting up their half of the area to welcome the horde while the night elves continue to hold back the arrokoa and look for aid from the alliance. Finally, Zangarmarsh (92-93): is now a lush forest again, where the goblins are actually using their teraforming for reasonable purposes to expand the land while the druids grow new life on what has been created so far. This is done in part with the remnants of Netherstorm, and the goblins have even relocated Area 52 here. In honor of their new home, they call it Area 56.0. It'll be renamed with each patch through the expansion...

Ogres Join the horde: Now that Rexxar is around, the ogres of Azeroth and Outland finally declare their membership within the now scattered horde. They use Worgs as racial mounts, similar to orcs. To make up for the "similar" mount issues, Tauren finally gain plainsrunning back as a racial ability to match the Worgen's Running Wild.

The Dragonflights:After the loss of their power, the dragon aspects have started trying to cope with their new mortality as well as their weakened powers. Kalecgos: is busy with Jaina. Nozdormu broods over his part in the hour of twilight and starts sending bronze dragons out across Azeroth and Outland to help adventurers see the past and learn from their mistakes. Yserahelps new druids in azeroth (maghar and draenei) learn to navigate the Emerald Dream. Alexstrasza has come to outland with Nozdormu and has adopted the nether drakes into her broken family. Meanwhile Wrathion, travels to outland to face his brother and investigate his father's former home while avoiding notice by the aspects.

Time Jumping:To facilitate a new outland continent (90-95), the Bronze dragonflight are available throughout outland to speak to and jump between 60-70 content and the current. Similarly, they can now be found in several other parts of Azeroth, offering pocket instances where players can enjoy past events/dungeons/raids. Simply speak with a bronze dragon at any of the known locations to que or get a blast from the past (60 onyxia returns, as does Zul'aman/Zul'gurub raid, and naxx 40 exactly as they were). This also paves the way for other updates in the future and shows why Nozdormu still eventually becomes Murozond. Of course, we get new reason to raise faction with the brood of Nozdormu, because having exalted with them means you get an on use item to jump yourself when out of combat (with some trivial 15-30 min cooldown of course).

Demon hunter class: With the bronze dragonflight now more lax in their methodology, repercussions can already be seen starting to form in outland.
    After Akama used the Soulcore at the Black temple, the half-demon nightelf, Illidan, was either returned to life or called from the past (we find out which in game) just before he was killed by Maiev. When word of the coming invasion of Azeroth reaches him, Illidan begins recruiting (night/blood/high) elves, humans, orcs, and trolls in order to train the strongest among those races as Demon Hunters.

Class Restrictions Loosened: In order to survive what comes next, the fractured horde races must do what they can. To this end, Baine BloodHoof turns to a rebel group of Grim totem (no longer under the leadership of Magatha) and brings them under his people's wing. Tauren gain warlocks. In their attempts to restore the land that was damaged when first they arrived, the draenei have turned to the nightelves for help. Now, some members of the race follow a new path. Draenei gain druids.

Sub Races to explain classes: The races of Azeroth and Draenor must unite more than ever before if they are to stem the tide of war against the Legion. Maghar, Taunka, Broken, and vrykul are now available as playable options for orcs, tauren, draenei, and humans respectively. In some cases, these subraces come with new class options, including Vrykul Shaman, Broken rogue/warlock, Maghar priest/druid and Taunka mage.

You should apply for a job with Blizzards lore writing team.......that would be a proper exciting xpac!

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    You should apply for a job with Blizzards lore writing team.......that would be a proper exciting xpac!
    the only thing i dont like is going back to outland. for some reason that just seems incredibly lazy to me, the legion spans thousands of planets and worlds and to have all of this happen in outland again just seems wrong. i do however see it maybe starting in outland with them reactivating one of the many portals still on outland
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

No to draenei and orc druids, yes to night elf warlocks and paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No to draenei and orc druids, yes to night elf warlocks and paladins.
    It begs the question as to whether class/race restrictions are truly necessary, since Blizzard is perfectly willing to butcher lore for the sake of balance and mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It begs the question as to whether class/race restrictions are truly necessary, since Blizzard is perfectly willing to butcher lore for the sake of balance and mechanics.

Can't think of any reason why race/class restrictions are still in place

As it's always been stated Gameplay > Story

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only thing i dont like is going back to outland. for some reason that just seems incredibly lazy to me, the legion spans thousands of planets and worlds and to have all of this happen in outland again just seems wrong. i do however see it maybe starting in outland with them reactivating one of the many portals still on outland

So change it too "Legion Planet #54 - Now with new names and faces!!" and then it's golden right?