Questing to cap no longer just a chore

When you get to 88+ areas and the quest content actually starts to become a challenge, and I dont mean long grinds of mindless easy mode stuff, I mean jumping from hell to inferno on d3. Particularly the mantid, those guys hit hard.

Even though I speed levelled through the content the first time (skipping lore) I really liked the fact that it wasnt just a scaled level of monsters as we moved through pandaria, but a scaled level of difficulty. Monsters having realistic health pools as opposed to generic level appropriate ones, meaning that not only do you have to adjust per zone, but you need to have a tactic for each different enemy you encounter, or these guys would tear you to pieces.

Just hope that the playerbase can cope with this and mobs dont start getting nerfed so people can go back to spamming 1 or 2 buttons again. Having to think about every enemy encounter is the breath of fresh air that questing needed to make it part of the game again, not just a necessary chore.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

It's a good thing, if you read around, there's been a lot of talk of pre-60 mobs getting a bit of a buff too.

In health, namely. Lowbie rogues are talking about having to -gasp- actually spend those combo points.

Deleted
    It's more about underwhelming low level damage, blackblade.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    It's a good thing, if you read around, there's been a lot of talk of pre-60 mobs getting a bit of a buff too.

In health, namely. Lowbie rogues are talking about having to -gasp- actually spend those combo points.
    That used to annoy the crap out of me on my rogue :P never being able to spend my combo's because things died to fast.

Loving the leveling in MoP so far, but stuck at work right now /cry. Apart from the first 30 mins of nasty lag it has been great. No D/C's or issues at all and so far jade forest is fantastic. Played for about 6 hours last night with a friend and did not even get to 86 :P really enjoying taking my time and relaxing a lot more instead of pulling all nighters and pushing to the finish. Amazed at how many people are around as well, starting zones on my server are full of people from both factions. Loving it 10/10 blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    That used to annoy the crap out of me on my rogue :P never being able to spend my combo's because things died to fast.
    Everyone mentioning rogues lol, I just rerolled to one and got rogue server first with it. Levelled as sub and actually got to use rupture AMG, but deciding on how many CPs you need to use for each ability on a mob by mob basis was really awesome.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

Good, I was hoping this would be the case higher up. I definitely felt the difference between Jade Forest and Valley. I accidentally killed myself because I thought I could just pull every single virmen on one of those caves there and then go nuts with AoE, like I had done with mobs in JF. Let's just say that was a pretty bad idea.

They buffed a lot of the end 50-60 instance bosses for Cata, so that groups weren't treating them as named trash mobs, but they didn't do the same for any TBC bosses. It was weird how General Drakkisath had like 90k health, and the Gatewatcher boss from Hellfire Ramparts (The 'first' TBC boss) only has like 30k or something.

It's good to hear they're working more to scale stuff with lower-level stat increases. Now if they'd start doing the same with Alterac Valley, we'd be going places.

I still feel like its a chore. I wish they'd nerf the xp needed by a good 80%.

It also helps that the story is, in my opinion, very engaging. I actually decided to continue with Jade Forest to the end instead of running over to Valley as soon as I hit 86 so that I could see the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post

hp went up because damage went up quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very looking forward to questing. So far I've only ran around Jade Forest mining and taking advantage of the high prices. I went into Dread Wastes and prompty got erased by the level 90 mobs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It also helps that the story is, in my opinion, very engaging. I actually decided to continue with Jade Forest to the end instead of running over to Valley as soon as I hit 86 so that I could see the conclusion.
    Same here, I'm not leaving a zone until I've run it dry for quests.