Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Troubles with WoW after GW2

First let me start by saying this is not meant to start a war between the games, I will happily be playing both and if it turns into such or I've posted in the wrong thread or what have you then feel free to lock the thread.

Anyway, I prepurchased MoP and since it released last night I went to get my 25 dailies done so I could turn them all ahead of time but it was terrible. The combat system is so slow and the movement is slow and the graphics are bad as compared to GW2. I am depressed I bought MoP because the game is just so bad to me now. I am sure I'll get back into the swing of things but honestly to me it was like playing an goldeneye on the N64 after playing my PS3. Did anyone else have this problem and if so did it get any better for you?

Please no flaming or trolling, this is a serious question to people in the same situation. Regardless I will likely continue to play both but I was not expecting WoW to be so slow for lack of a better word.

TLDR: Playing WoW after GW2 seems so dull, did you have the same experience and did it get any better?

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but this thread cannot lead to good places.

I figured something like this would happen. Main reason for me not buying MoP. I tried logging in a week or two ago to try some pvp before the talents came out. Oh boy did i regret it. I did miss my Shadowpriest though.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with your statement is, GoldenEye for 64 was the bomb.

Deleted
    Personally, I was done with WoW before GW2 comes out, but I do see where you're coming from.

The only thing I miss from WoW is a Shadowpriest class. Necromancer isn't anywhere close to that dot-dot-MINDBLAST CRIT-SW CRIT feeling.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to raid WoW twice to three times per week for about five years and as I don't have much time, it took up all my game time. When I took a few breaks during WotLK, I played a few two-year old $5 games from different genre's. Every time I went back to WoW, game just got worse and worse looking. Eventually, I just couldn't bear to look at it any longer. Sad as I really love my druid and other 12 lvl 80's. I just can't be arsed to play a game that looks so horrendous on my 660ti video card when everything else looks gorgeous.

It's like my two SSD drives I have installed in my PC. Once you've gotten used to better, it is hard to compromise or go back to old things.

I used to love Sabre Wulf on my ZX spectrum 48k. Would I still play it now as much as I did then? Hell no.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-09-25 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Whats wrong with your statement is, GoldenEye for 64 was the bomb.
    WoW was the bomb too. And NES was the bomb back in 80s.
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm from North Pole.

Deleted
    In oppposit, I'm so glad MoP is out. GW2 combat system is so boring in PvE, I couldn't force myself to continue to play. Stroy is so predictable, trivial, boring, it just couldn't bind me. Graphics are good, hands down, but MoP zones look imho more then beautiful. I'll probably try GW2 later again, when I'm bored with MoP, like in 6 months or so.

Yeah, I logged on the other day as I still had part of my month left, and it felt so boring to me. Standing still just pressing buttons. Being able to run and cast makes GW2 feel so much faster and better. WoW's combat is in need of a major overhaul, too much RNG roll of the dice. For me, its not worth the price for MoP and then $15 a month to play, compared to $60 one time for GW2. Granted I'm only like lvl 48 or something, but I hope I'll get more than 4 months of enjoyment out of it. I think being free from the subscription makes it feel more like enjoyment then a job. WoW started to feel like a job, rush to max level, do the same instances over and over to get gear and JPs and then raid for more gear. I'm enjoying the leveling experience, exploring the world. GW2 seems a lot more social as well.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2012-09-25 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    In oppposit, I'm so glad MoP is out. GW2 combat system is so boring in PvE, I couldn't force myself to continue to play. Stroy is so predictable, trivial, boring, it just couldn't bind me. Graphics are good, hands down, but MoP zones look imho more then beautiful. I'll probably try GW2 later again, when I'm bored with MoP, like in 6 months or so.
    It will be more like 4-6 weeks, but hey, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    It will be more like 4-6 weeks, but hey, have fun.
    Some of us don't have attention spans of a weasel you know. I could personally play the same wow patch for probably twice as long as they're currently lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomisk View Post
    Some of us don't have attention spans of a weasel you know. I could personally play the same wow patch for probably twice as long as they're currently lasting.
    Just cause you have low standards doesn't mean you should insult others. It's pretty fair to say wow has been lagging behind its competitors in the amount of content its delivering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomisk View Post
    Twice as long? So you can play the same content for 2 years? You are hardcore!

This thread won't last long

Anyway, I made an impulse buy last night as well. 20 minutes playing it and I regretted it. It feels antiquated to me. Anyway, good luck to those who enjoy the wow expansions. I feel that I made a 55 dollar mistake.

I was afraid this might happen. I think they made Guild Wars 2 too easy, and as a result, people are having trouble readjusting to other games, because they've gotten used to the ease of GW2. I haven't subscribed to WoW in months, but I still make sure to play the game at least every couple of weeks, so that I won't ever get out of practice, from playing easier games
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I was afraid this might happen. I think they made Guild Wars 2 too easy, and as a result, people are having trouble readjusting to other games, because they've gotten used to the ease of GW2. I haven't subscribed to WoW in months, but I still make sure to play the game at least every couple of weeks, so that I won't ever get out of practice, from playing easier games
    Easy? It sure isn't hard but you have the ability to die in the world while leveling. As I recall WoW was trivial when I left and its only gotten easier since.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Easy? It sure isn't hard but you have the ability to die in the world while leveling. As I recall WoW was trivial when I left and its only gotten easier since.
    You won't die while leveling in either game, unless you kill yourself on purpose. Maybe it's even harder to commit suicide in WoW, but it's still a zero sum game, where you don't die in either case

The only MMO I've ever had a hard time in the world was Aion, with it's seemingly random "Elite Zones", or whatever they were called, I honestly don't remember, it's been a while since I played that game, but there were these areas meant to be cleared with an at-level, geared group, and they were kind of just sitting right next to all the regular quests
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    I assume when you say "so that I won't ever get out of practice" you mean keep your mods up to date?

The only MMO I've ever had a hard time in the world was Aion, with it's seemingly random "Elite Zones", or whatever they were called, I honestly don't remember, it's been a while since I played that game, but there were these areas meant to be cleared with an at-level, geared group, and they were kind of just sitting right next to all the regular quests
    The elite areas in Aion were pretty clearly marked. The only time died in that game was by other players who were rifting, before they nerfed all of that to hell.