is there a rift MMOC guild?

i tried the search feature and oddly enough it came up with a bunch of threads bagging on GW2 of all things, but ive decided when my new computer is up and running i want to check out the rift lite demo to see if its a game i could get into. i was wondering if theres a MMOC guild like the one they have for GW2, and if so what server, faction, and how do i find i?

Thats actually a very good question o.o....i hadn't even thought of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Not specifically that I know of, but there is a guild recruitment thread stickied in this forum.
    I looked at the stickied one and there's like one post, I assumed it was abandoned.

The difference between GW2 and Rift when it comes to guilds is that in GW2 you can be in as many guild as you like, so you can join the MMOC guild just for social and fun reasons as it accepts anyone. Having an open guild in a game where you can only join one guild could cause problems and friction between what the members want from a guild.

Deleted
    Not that I'm at all aware of, however pretty much everyone from on MMOC from Europe is on Icewatch

well then again pretty much all of europe is on Icewatch anyhow :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    I looked at the stickied one and there's like one post, I assumed it was abandoned.
    It's actually not abandoned but just recently redone and brand new. Since it is so now not a lot of people have posted in it yet, besides me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    The difference between GW2 and Rift when it comes to guilds is that in GW2 you can be in as many guild as you like, so you can join the MMOC guild just for social and fun reasons as it accepts anyone. Having an open guild in a game where you can only join one guild could cause problems and friction between what the members want from a guild.
    lol where did this come from? In Rift you can have more then 5,000 members in a guild

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    lol where did this come from? In Rift you can have more then 5,000 members in a guild
    It wasn't about how many people you could have in a guild, it was about how many simultaneous guilds you could be in.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It wasn't about how many people you could have in a guild, it was about how many simultaneous guilds you could be in.
    This ^^

Then if you had 100 people all wanting to raid in the same guild you get the issue of making even groups etc, in GW you can join one guild for social, one for PVP and one for PVE etc.

I was just wondering if there was a casual one, not trying to start one or justify it.. I tottally get some people will want to be in a raiding guild, I used to play wow for a long time I get how that works, I just didn't know if there was an existing one..

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We should make one.... but at the same time, I do love being in <Terrible Idea> of Deepwood (one of the top world guilds) lol.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    We should make one.... but at the same time, I do love being in <Terrible Idea> of Deepwood (one of the top world guilds) lol.
    Or at least have a sticky thread where we could post our character names and servers so we could friend / meet up easier.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    We can make stickies for whatever but as a general rule of thumb people don't read them for the most part in 95% of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    We can make stickies for whatever but as a general rule of thumb people don't read them for the most part in 95% of the forums.
    Maybe we could make the guild finder thread into a guild finder / friend finder thread? You post either your guild or your character info and some stuff about your guild or you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Maybe we could make the guild finder thread into a guild finder / friend finder thread? You post either your guild or your character info and some stuff about your guild or you.

Edge sent me PM on it so I'm not sure what he has in mind exactly but I'm OK with it I told him to run with it. Lets see what he comes up with. Feel free to shoot him a PM or something with some ideas / layouts.

Edge sent me PM on it so I'm not sure what he has in mind exactly but I'm OK with it I told him to run with it. Lets see what he comes up with. Feel free to shoot him a PM or something with some ideas / layouts.
    awesome. yeah, he come up with the idea. *edit* just realized how that made me sound evil. Like... stroking a weird cat evil

I checked the sticky but there was only one post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyctattoo View Post
    I checked the sticky but there was only one post
    The guild recruitment thread is new the old one was difficult to maintain. When Edge has some time over the next few weeks he'll be making some more modifications.