Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Noone buying glyphs anymore....

Does everyone have glyphs they need? Atm i sell maybe 2-3 a day with very low profit (few gold) and used to sell 20-30 a day a month ago...

I'm seeing the same. I'm hoping the weekend sees a lot more people flood in.

Deleted
    ive been having trouble selling glyphs for a while now, before MoP. theres not much money in selling glyphs anymore. most people get the glyphs they need from an alt of theirs or guildie/guild bank.

Deleted
    Well I'm playing on my monk now, but after taking a first look at them I just thought fuck it, they're all nearly useless. I'll get some when raiding starts.

Deleted
    just wait one or two weeks. People are leveling their mains with all glyphs known etc. After mains are geared people will make monk/pandaren alts etc. They will need glyphs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    just wait one or two weeks. People are leveling their mains with all glyphs known etc. After mains are geared people will make monk/pandaren alts etc. They will need glyphs.
    Agree think this is spot on.

think you might be doing something wrong tbh,

on one my servers, medium population I have a mate who dominates the horde glyph market, he has at least a few hundred stacks of herbs sent a day to from every other player, and he makes thousands of auctions a day, hes just at the point where its a chore, some other guys tried to get in on the market, my mates glyphs were at 140 or something, they undercut him to 120, he wisped them and said dont even bother, and he listed a ton of them at 10 gold, rinse and repeat until they gave up, regardless they were buying the glyphs
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

on one my servers, medium population I have a mate who dominates the horde glyph market, he has at least a few hundred stacks of herbs sent a day to from every other player, and he makes thousands of auctions a day, hes just at the point where its a chore, some other guys tried to get in on the market, my mates glyphs were at 140 or something, they undercut him to 120, he wisped them and said dont even bother, and he listed a ton of them at 10 gold, rinse and repeat until they gave up, regardless they were buying the glyphs

yeah... theres a problem when you need to control the entire market just to be able to make a sale...

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that's realm dependant. I've been selling glyphs this entire last month before MoP and I'm still selling after MoP (did a batch last night). Not *huge* profits, but I'm having profits.

people who can't sell glyphs are the ones who just put them on Ah for ridiculous amounts of money cause they see everyone else doing it.

Best way i've sold glyphs is advertise in trade and actually give them a price that's comparable with the materials required to make them with a reasonable crafting fee.

Then you get loyal customers who come to only you for glyphs cause they know they can get them for sensible prices and not 300g+ for something that required less than 1 stack of herbs to make.

Deleted
    Wait for players to get to 90, then a lot will probably make Monks or start a new class as a Pandaren. Plus those that have Monks now might not bother with glyphs until they reach later levels, I know I never bothered on alts when leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

You cna fight this sort of player, but it takes time and becomes a war of attrition.

Deleted
    I'd get into an undercutting war with him just to spite him, though I'd get bored quickly.

I gave up with my Glyph profession back in WOTLK, I never made money from it and it was not worth it IMO. I have not looked at it lately but I am sure not much has changed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    people who can't sell glyphs are the ones who just put them on Ah for ridiculous amounts of money cause they see everyone else doing it.

Best way i've sold glyphs is advertise in trade and actually give them a price that's comparable with the materials required to make them with a reasonable crafting fee.

Then you get loyal customers who come to only you for glyphs cause they know they can get them for sensible prices and not 300g+ for something that required less than 1 stack of herbs to make.

ive tried all sorts, most of the glyphs on my server are going for over 100g at least. for me its not a problem with people not wanting to pay the price, its a problem of people not needing glyphs. most guilds have a bank tab packed with glyphs, or have a scribe alt or guildie that will make them for free. i advertise in trade, i do them very cheap but no one is interested. i make a sale occasionally, but not often enough to make it profitable with how much time it takes to farm the mats.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I gave up with my Glyph profession back in WOTLK, I never made money from it and it was not worth it IMO. I have not looked at it lately but I am sure not much has changed?

i made the best bit of 50k in wotlk with inscription. selling snowfall ink for about 200g a stack, spend and hour or 2 in sholazar usually netted me about 2stacks most the time. something needs to be done with inscription to make it a profitable profession, the only real way to make a good profit now is to control your servers entire glyph market so people are forced to buy yours.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 08:10 PM ----------

an update, just logged in and found that my kite pets i made have sold for about 600g each on the AH, sold 6 of them. so not bad there. but i think soon the AH will be flooded with them.

thing is: not everyone has all the glyphs. I made it my mission to get my scribe all recipes available in cata and needless to say I've made back the money and time spent on farming glyph books 50 times over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only buy the glyphs I absolutely need when they all started selling for 200g+ per. Seems a bit high priced when 90% of em are cosmetic.

You guys are the only source for shoulder enchants at 90. Give it time.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    You guys are the only source for shoulder enchants at 90. Give it time.

i made quite a few of these earlier, gotta hope they sell later on.

I think the slow sales are simply from people going back to their 85 mains and not dinking around on their alts anymore. My two newest ones from the MoP research haven't really sold either, but I think the market might just be too high on them. People are probably just too busy to hit the AH for cosmetic glyphs right now.