View Poll Results: What spec will you play?

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Combat

7 18.42%
  • Sub

9 23.68%
  • Assass

13 34.21%
  • Don't know yet

9 23.68%

Thread: So what spec

So what spec

I'm just diving into heroics and I tried assassination and it just felt awful compared to others... tho first place dps in my groups was a warlock doing double my dps.. hahah /cry

What spec you think will be the best come first tier? Im starting to lean towards sub.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mut was a blast the last few weeks of cata but it is not what it was at that time, i'm going sub main spec with combat off spec because you know, dat cleave.

Ya ill be giving combat a try tonight... I can get up to 4500 haste which is retarded... But I bet now at the end youll be at like over 9k haste hahah

Deleted
    I'll also be playing sub/combat. Assassination is simply unplayable atm. don't know what blizzard thought about the specc, but this is simply ridiculous. I'm already leveling up my warlock cuz rogue feels so horrible atm...

Deleted
    As someone who never had legendaries - I like Assassination. However, I think it's a bit wild to be speculating so drastically without having done a proper raid boss yet. This thread should truly come to fire Wednesday/Thursday when people have beastmoded some raid bawses.

Also - If you feel rogue sucks atm, atleast try a few raids with it? I think, and I'm sure many others do that this tier won't be the best for rogues; however, one class can never be on top for the whole expansion right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If history tells us anything, we'll be roughly mid pack from early to mid expansion, and really strengthen up near the end of MoP. I'm going to try raiding as Assassination, unless I see Sub / Combat pulling ridiculously far ahead/
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Despite being energy starved for the entirety of any given fight, assa is, like it or not, our strongest spec for prolonged single target dps. As soon as there is target switching involved or more than one mob around, it is reduced to a pile of steaming crap.

Still, I am done with assa for the time being...yes, it pulls higher numbers, but its so not fun to play (since I spend 90% of my time waiting on energy) that it actually affects my gameplay negatively...I play better in Sub because its more fun.

Offspec...combat. Got some decent weapons, and its strong in hc trashpulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm combat, sheerly because that's the only weapons I have. That said, I very much like Restless Blades on Shadow Blades. AR+SB feels verrrrry sick.

But I will be Subtlety when I get a second 463 dagger. I'll switch between the specs as I go along, especially for specific fights where Blade Flurry is handy.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I'm running with legendaries, so having fun with Assa and Sub.

Anyway the cleave of combat is too awesome to pass for heroics - hence i hope to get a couple of decent 430 weapons for it and then respec for this grind part.

Raids will be another story since we are still looking into the unknown
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

cold.. assasination is fun till 89 after that stats decay catches up and at 90 when u replace the legendaries with 450 or 463 blue daggers then all you see on your screen is ."Not enough energy" "Not enough energy" "Not enough energy".

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running Combat since I've only seen 1 463 dagger thus far and didn't hold onto the AoA 450 "just in case". The cleave is about what it comes down to... I'm falling behind ranged or "faux" ranged DPS on fights that are primarily "stay away from the boss now, now, now and now" but I don't feel too cramped. 442 gear running 30-42k by boss, 18-60k by trash...

well I just ran 15 heroics yesterday and updated my gear...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kakashi/simple

Bursting 60k dps as Assassination and holding about 45-50k on heroic boss fights(the ones that are actually melee friendly that is....)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Despite being energy starved for the entirety of any given fight, assa is, like it or not, our strongest spec for prolonged single target dps. As soon as there is target switching involved or more than one mob around, it is reduced to a pile of steaming crap.

Still, I am done with assa for the time being...yes, it pulls higher numbers, but its so not fun to play (since I spend 90% of my time waiting on energy) that it actually affects my gameplay negatively...I play better in Sub because its more fun.

Offspec...combat. Got some decent weapons, and its strong in hc trashpulls.
    On what basis are you saying assassination pulls higher numbers? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the theorycrafting I saw had assassination substantially below even combat for normal mode raid gear and presumably just as bad or worse for heroic blues. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, I mean at the start of cata the theorycrafting said combat wasn't gonna suck massively and we all know how that went.

I'm having a hard time telling personally since there isn't a lfr or something to test (and can't dummy test HAT). Assassination does seem fine for heroics because you just AE everything constantly like you did in wrath. We did Sha of Anger last night and I went assassination after the first pull (we didn't wipe, he reset, looked like an alliance taunted and leashed it maybe?) because the boss kept turning and I was near the top of the meter despite dying (I got a res after 5-10 seconds but not rebuffs) but my dps definitely seemed like crap if you ignore the comparison to the rest of the raid.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-09-28 at 04:47 PM.