Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best way to farm Mote of Harmony is?

Good Evening,im wondering whats the best way to farm those Mote of Harmony so i could buy my tailor pvp recipies and craft the gear till the pvp vendors are out

I would like to tell you, but I have yet to uncover the best way myself.
    Would be nice if someone would please tell us a good way to gather this.
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally farming.

On your farm.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89233
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Literally farming.

On your farm.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89233
    The Tillers Farm is a nice boost to your standard gain of Mote's, once you have the farm upgraded (and the rep) for just a few minutes a day you can plant 16 Songbell Seed's and harvest them the next day.

The other way to gain them is simply to kill stuff, but I wouldn't purposely grind for motes - between the farm and your day to day dungeons/dailys etc. you should get 2-3 a day I guess, add on top any extra grinding you do for other purposes.

So you can get the mote of harmony by every mob you kill in pandria, it is just a matter of luck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoura View Post
    So you can get the mote of harmony by every mob you kill in pandria, it is just a matter of luck?
    If you farm by killing mobs, yes.

If you farm with your Tiller farm, you know you'll at least get 16 motes each harvest.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    If you farm by killing mobs, yes.

If you farm with your Tiller farm, you know you'll at least get 16 motes each harvest.
    Thanks a lot. But do any of you know the dropchance when farming by killing?

Deleted
    Not very high. IN the 2 days of rather casual play compared to others(dinged to 87, cleared jade forest and half of vale) and I got about 25 motes. From over thousand+ of dead mobs. So you're looking at approximately 2-3% dropchance if every mob counts. That's for myself only, so the results may vary. My play time in pandaland so far is roughly 10 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    To kill things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As mentioned, motes have a really low drop rate. Your best bet in getting them is to either find an area with rapidly spawning mobs to just aoe farm or have a gathering profession as you can get motes from mining, skinning, or herbalism so you can try and kill two birds with one stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As mentioned, motes have a really low drop rate. Your best bet in getting them is to either find an area with rapidly spawning mobs to just aoe farm or have a gathering profession as you can get motes from mining, skinning, or herbalism so you can try and kill two birds with one stone.
    Wut?

I have literally mined over 2000 ghost iron ore (prospected 100 stacks on another char) and have not seen a single mote come from a vein. Its pretty painful since I need a ton of them

I swear I got some bonus trillium from regular veins once or twice, but I was pretty tired at the time so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    Wut?

I have literally mined over 2000 ghost iron ore (prospected 100 stacks on another char) and have not seen a single mote come from a vein. Its pretty painful since I need a ton of them

I swear I got some bonus trillium from regular veins once or twice, but I was pretty tired at the time so not sure.
    I appear to be wrong about the gathering thing. Could have sworn I read something about them being obtained via gathering professions but can't find that source anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression we were to get motes drop from mining and herbing and prospected ores...so far I haven't gotten any from mining ....herbing or prospecting.....I do know once your rev with tillers you can grow them .....

Literally farming for motes via Tillers has single-handedly convinced me to grind rep with them, across all characters.

If you do all the dailies you get about 5 motes per cluster.
    They also drop in dungeons btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoura View Post
    Thanks a lot. But do any of you know the dropchance when farming by killing?
    Low just go wehre there are LOTS of small low health mobs I already found my spot. I can out 1 mote per 30 minute maybe more It was hard the mobs where 90 and I was 85, at 90 it will eb like a breeze.

Deleted
    As 90 I farmed some lower level mobs for their meats. I got about a mote per 5 minutes. Still takes a while to get 10, but if you really aim for killing small stuff somewhere just for motes I can see how it would go pretty fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to one of the comments on wowhead:

It appears the drop rate is

10% + 1% x ( Mob level - 85)

In other words

85 - 10%
    86 - 11%
    87 - 12%
    88 - 13%
    89 - 14%
    90 - 15%

Although it feels lower than that. But if this calculation is correct, the higher the level, the better the chance at getting a mote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Looks like we'll be farmin' for the motes... literally. Or dumping all of our gold on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Looks like we'll be farmin' for the motes... literally. Or dumping all of our gold on the AH.
    They're BoP