Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Symbiosis cast time

They really should make symbiosis an instant cast, non of the retards will wait, as soon as you zone in they start, and nobody even know what it is btw they never heard of it, so you have to explain all of it and some dont even understand it then.

Yeah. Should be like 2sec cast time, non changeable in combat. I don't understand why it has to be 6sec cast either. I haven't even reached 87 but i can understand where your coming from lol. also how far is the link?

I don't really see the problem. If people aren't willing to wait 6 seconds, you're probably in an awful group that you'd do well to leave anyway.

Making it instant cast would be nice but it's not a huge deal as is.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    and nobody even know what it is btw they never heard of it, so you have to explain all of it and some dont even understand it then.
    I wouldn't bother. Lol.

Pick the target that benefits you the most, get your free skill, and carry on. Anyone smart enough to use their new skill probably already knows about it, the rest of them probably wouldn't know how to utilize it.

Deleted
    yeah its getting a bit annoying having people run out of range in dungeons, i also wish it was useable out of a group

Make a macro that links the spell in the chat, along with what/who you cast it on.

So that player (and any other) can click on it and see wtf is going on - aside from that, even Instant cast wont help if players don't have it understood.

Deleted
    It's because if you change it to someone else the cooldown is "reseted" (as you get a new spell). This would have a great impact on arena if it was instant cast (and PvP in general) where you can get out of combat for 1 sec or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhan View Post
    It's because if you change it to someone else the cooldown is "reseted" (as you get a new spell). This would have a great impact on arena if it was instant cast (and PvP in general) where you can get out of combat for 1 sec or 2.
    Oh hey, that makes sense.

Still annoying.

Deleted
    Imo they should still do something regarding the cast time, it gets anoying haveing to ask the tank to wate for 5 secs, lucky my guild group i roll with is a druid tank aswell lol so he has to use it aswell

Ps : yay for first post

15+ Year Old Account
    i just hit 87 last nite and i had to cast it 6 times before i could get it on someone becase they all kept ninja pulling (even tho i was the tank)\
    the real problem here is how stoopidly easy the dungions are

making it instant cast has an other problem of stacking the buff, you can like cast it on priest, put fearward up, cast it on Dk put bboneshield up and then still cast it on a monk for the dodge
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

It can't be shorter because of pvp. They don't want players in arena dropping combat for a second and swapping it over.

Anything involving pugs is usually annoying. Just tell them to stand still for 1 sec, and if you're on top of them when you start, the generally can't get far enough away before it finishes. Unless they enter combat..

Thankfully my guildies and friends fight over who gets it. So they will stand still if you pick them

Would be nice if it have a passive buff to the player while not in a group "While alone you form a symbiotic link with nature increasing your dmg dealt by 5% and reducing your dmg taken by 5%"

PVP>PVE both the cast time and its most notable uses are pvp oriented and you get to choose the target upfront. Ahem, If I play with 2 classes that give me huge survival cds i.e. paladin priest feral, I shouldn't have to drop combat to swap symbiosis, I should have have stable peels for atleast 8sec alongside it.
    I think it's overpowered, and will be broken on resto druids running spellcleaves but hey what can you do? So actually in it's current shape with 6sec cast time and usable only out of combat? It's abit overpowered.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    PVP>PVE both the cast time and its most notable uses are pvp oriented and you get to choose the target upfront. Ahem, If I play with 2 classes that give me huge survival cds i.e. paladin priest feral, I shouldn't have to drop combat to swap symbiosis, I should have have stable peels for atleast 8sec alongside it.
    I think it's overpowered, and will be broken on resto druids running spellcleaves but hey what can you do? So actually in it's current shape with 6sec cast time and usable only out of combat? It's abit overpowered.
    Yeah you cant cast symbiosis on people in combat either. so that wont work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    yes annoying thing is you cannot even cast if you are outside of combat and the target is in combat

also you can cast on about everything but only have 5 second cast it will say "invalid target" so you often waste the full 5 sec cast to see it fails
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    hence the reason I said 8sec cast time and dropping combat, a resto druid can easily drop combat in the amount of peel that a spellcleave offers from the new psyfiend spamfear aswell as aoe fear from the priest, coupled with the kiting possibilities with stagform wild charge, needless to say a combo such as mage hunter resto druid would provide more than enough peel for the resto druid to recast it mid arena after he's used eighter the detterance or the iceblock, the 8sec cast time wouldn't prevent it but it would make it harder as a hunter can drop combat with FD and a mage can drop it with invisibility all the rdruid has to do is get out of combat, which shouldn't be hard. Point proven, and that's all I have to say.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    hence the reason I said 8sec cast time and dropping combat, a resto druid can easily drop combat in the amount of peel that a spellcleave offers from the new psyfiend spamfear aswell as aoe fear from the priest, coupled with the kiting possibilities with stagform wild charge, needless to say a combo such as mage hunter resto druid would provide more than enough peel for the resto druid to recast it mid arena after he's used eighter the detterance or the iceblock, the 8sec cast time wouldn't prevent it but it would make it harder as a hunter can drop combat with FD and a mage can drop it with invisibility all the rdruid has to do is get out of combat, which shouldn't be hard. Point proven, and that's all I have to say.

I'm gonna say this slow this time. "You can't cast Symbiosis on people in combat... Even if you are out of combat." So, therefore, flipping targets in an arena situation is not viable whilst mid combat." not to mention as resto in a pvp situation the 6 secs it takes to cast that you will be unable to heal.

3 second cast and combat prevention might be reasonable if they want to prevent druids from recasting symbiosis in pvp or middle of a boss fight to use more cooldowns

or just make it instant cast with a "you cant do that yet" error if you try to change it while the ability is on cooldown. 5s cast time is annoying in "go go go go!" groups