Deleted

Combat Weapon Speeds?

Hey.
    I've tried looking for information about this but i can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere. With the 5.0 changes i have heard that using two 2.6 speed weapons as combat is now viable. Can anybody confirm or deny this? With proof preferably.

Also, i have found this sentence from the Elitist Jerks forums: "1.8s daggers, and 2.6s axe/fist/sword/mace are exceptionally close in performance. However, 2.6s weapons appear to have a fraction of a % of an advantage."

The sentence is poorly structured and hard to understand but from what i think he's trying to say is that there's no difference in a 1.8 offhand and a 2.6 offhand?

Thanks for any feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    Hey.
    I've tried looking for information about this but i can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere. With the 5.0 changes i have heard that using two 2.6 speed weapons as combat is now viable. Can anybody confirm or deny this? With proof preferably.

Also, i have found this sentence from the Elitist Jerks forums: "1.8s daggers, and 2.6s axe/fist/sword/mace are exceptionally close in performance. However, 2.6s weapons appear to have a fraction of a % of an advantage."

The sentence is poorly structured and hard to understand but from what i think he's trying to say is that there's no difference in a 1.8 offhand and a 2.6 offhand?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Seems clearly worded to me. What he's saying is that 1.8 vs 2.6 offhands are very close in dps with a 2.6 offhand giving a very very slight dps increase--to the point that you want to use your highest dps weapon in offhand regardless of speed (ie, dps is more important than speed for offhand).

10+ Year Old Account
    Under ideal play in BiS gear, 2.6 OH is outperforming 1.8 OH very slightly (on the order of 1k, iirc?) in simulations. The possibility of changes exists between them and blah blah blah.

You're primarily looking at the difference between more poison procs and a harder killing spree; almost* everything else is normalized enough not to matter. Without going into more detail, or having the numbers on hand: yes, both are viable. Use what you get. If you're good at timing KS and all, and there are no changes before you have T14H BiS, go with a 2.6 OH for T15 if you're combat.