Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Who is your favorite Singer ? Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? I'm pretty open to a lot of music honestly. I have found I enjoy about anything.

3. Why do you like him/her ? Ryan's voice just swoons me I guess you could say. I am in love with his voice He is also just a very talented person who writes a lot of songs, songs for other artists and has a good set of vocal chords Did I mention I am in love with is voice? :P

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

Say (All I need)
    Good Life
    Marchin On
    Gravity
    Sexy Baby
    Apologize
    Feel Again
    If I Loose Myself *OneRepublic's new single! It's wonderful! Check it out everyone!*
    Secrets
    All the Right Moves

Too bad Daft Punk don't actually have singers :P hehe, or I would name them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

1. Who is your favorite Singer - This is hard, I like a ton and never really committed to a favorite, and although I am tempted to list a name of a Beatles singer, or from another classic rock band, I won't. I am going to go out on a limb here and say a classicist Broadway singer that hasn't died yet, Lea Salonga. Every time I have ever heard her sing (Even if it was the 50th time I heard her sing I dreamed a dream) I always get extreme chills and she has my full attention. It's something really special.
    I liked her better as Eponine personally. I had my fingers crossed that she would play Kim again in the Miss Saigon film adaptation but I worry they'll think she's too old now Maybe they'll at least give her a cameo, kind of like how Colm Wilkinson only gets to cameo as the bishop in Les Mis even though I still think he'd be solid as Valjean.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2012-12-20 at 08:12 PM.

Always loved Josh Groban, but really it's anyone that can actually sing or any song that has a good beat and the singer isn't cringeworthy. My favorite music is anything besides modern rap and music where people scream all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Who is your favorite Singer ? - Dead Can Dance, specifically Lisa Gerrard

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? Not sure what you call it... atmospheric, ethereal, mood music... Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Niyaz.

3. Why do you like him/her ? Her voice is simply the most beautiful, haunting female vocal I've ever heard. It gives me chills, it can make me cry, or feel elated, excited.. it always provokes a deep reaction in me.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ? Elegy - Lisa Gerrard, The Host of Seraphim - DCD, Devorzhum - DCD, Dedicacé Outò - DCD, Song of the Sibyl - DCD, I am Stretched on Your Grave - DCD, The Ubiqitous Mr. Lovegrove - DCD, Sanvean - Lisa Gerrard, and her vocals which set the mood in a number of movies.

Elegy can be heard as the song that plays over the newest preview for Superman: Man of Steel. She's probably best known for her vocals in Gladiator, The Insider and Man on Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    I liked her better as Eponine personally. I had my fingers crossed that she would play Kim again in the Miss Saigon film adaptation but I worry they'll think she's too old now Maybe they'll at least give her a cameo, kind of like how Colm Wilkinson only gets to cameo as the bishop in Les Mis even though I still think he'd be solid as Valjean.
    I think so too, but I am excited to see Hugh Jackman's take on Valjean...However I am not that excited to hear Russel Crowe as Javert.

Deleted
    Jessica Jung from SNSD, she has a really good voice that stands out a lot, compared to the other members, although the other members' are pretty good too!

The singer of Grimes, Claire Boucher. The way she controls her voice is just amazing, I love it a lot and her music is also very good.

And last, the singer of Lights, Valerie Anne Poxleitner, I love her voice a lot too, it's more less like Jessica's, one more reason I love it.

Kate Bush
    Magical voice. Most of my fave songs from her are from the "Hounds of love" album. Quality. Brilliant song writer to, she is just special, in a weird and wonderful way.

This is a bit of a darker song from her.

Lyrics:

It's wonderful.
    Everywhere, so white.
    The river has frozen over.
    Not a soul on the ice.
    Only me skating fast.
    I'm speeding past trees,
    Leaving little lines in the ice,
    Cutting out little lines in the ice,
    Splitting, splitting sound,
    Silver heels spitting, spitting snow.

There's something moving
    Under, under the ice,
    Moving under ice,
    Through water,
    Trying to get out of the cold water.
    "It's me."
    Something, someone--help them.
    "It's me."
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I think so too, but I am excited to see Hugh Jackman's take on Valjean...However I am not that excited to hear Russel Crowe as Javert.
    Me neither. I've only been able to find a couple clips of his singing, if you can call it that. It's a lot of pitchy yelling. I dread hearing Stars-- with this likely to be so many people's first exposure to the music, I'm worried he'll put a lot of them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Best singer....... Robert Plant
    2. Fav Music Style....... Rock from alternative - classic

3. Top 10 Songs....

1. When the Levee Breaks
    2. Since I've Been Loving You
    3. How Many More times
    4. Kashmir
    5. Black Dog
    6. Immigrant Song
    7. Whole Lotta Love
    8. No Quarter
    9. D'yer Maker
    10. Tangerine

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    there's a lot of vocalists I like for various reasons: Warren Zevon for his style, Les Claypool, recently got into Adele's music, Jack White, Serj Tankian, Chris Cornell, Tom Waits... but I think the favorite would be a much lesser-known rock guy named E (also known as Mark Oliver Everett) of the indie-ish rock band Eels

favorite genre would be rock, to be generic about it; metal, grunge, pop-rock (Tom Petty and such), alt-rock... a bit of indie here and there...

as far as why, mostly it's because of his lyrics, the theme that runs through most of his albums tends to be "wow, life sure sucks, but maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere" which speaks to me as a pessimist

my top ten for my chosen favorite would be:

1. Novocaine for the Soul
    2. From Which I Came / A Magic World (actual title from the album)
    3. Dog Faced Boy
    4. Mr. E's Beautiful Blues (aka the song from the movie Road Trip "god damn right, it's a beautiful day, uh-huh")
    5. Love of the Loveless
    6. Your Lucky Day in Hell
    7. Hey Man (Now You're Really Living)
    8. Rock Hard Times
    9. The Sound of Fear
    10. Mental
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Deleted
    Jerome Reuter from Rome has an amazing voice, so deep and colourful and warming. Now, be vary when searching for this particular 'Rome', you mind end up listening to shit rap and r&b. The one I'm talking about is a luxembourgian martial folk act.

Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth is also very, very great. I love his ability to so smoothly switch from clear vocals to absolutely stunning growls.

5+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Here is my favorite songs and music play list.

1) Julian Smith - Exclusive : Performing 'Songbird' by Kenny G

2) Somewhere Over The Rainbow

3) Somewhere Saxophone With BEAUTIFUL Pictures

4) Julian Smith on Saxophone: All By Myself

5) Christmas (By: Julian Smith)

6) The Prayer (By: Julian Smith)

7) Meditation (By: Julian Smith)

8) Stranger In Paradise (By: Julian Smith)

9) Clark Kent & Yinyues - Cosmos (Skrux & Complexion Remix)

10) AUDIOTREATS - XOXO

11) Audiotreats - Swoon

12) Chasing The Easy Life - [No Copyright Music]

13) Ersatz Bossa - John Deley and the 41 Players

14) Aero Chord & Anuka - Incomplete (T-Mass Remix) [NCS Release]

15) Aero Chord & Anuka - Incomplete (Lyric Video) [NCS Release]

16) Summertime Will Smith Lyric Video

17) DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime

18) Rihanna - Diamonds Live Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 1080p HD

19) Diamonds (tradução)

20) Missquerada - Far From Love

21) "Next Time w/ Hook" - Soul x Chill [Type Beat] | ft. Breana Marin

22) will you remember me adrienne aiken

23) Once in a blue moon (Japanese Song)

24) Auracle Music - Epic Legend

25) Bossa & Jazz Music for relaxation!!BGM

26) Jazz & Bossa Nova Instrumental Music - Chill Out Lounge Music - Music for relax,Work,Study

27) Relaxing Bossa Nova Guitar Music - Chill Out Music - Background Music

28) Steven Price - Norman (Fury Soundtrack)

29) Destiny of the Chosen Extended Remix - Immediate Music

30) 瞳をとじて [Hitomi wo Tojite] - 平井 堅 [Hirai Ken] (日本語歌詞付き+ ローマ字 [romaji] + letras em português)

31) 伊藤由奈(Yuna Ito) - Endless Story (192 kpbs)

32) Miracles - Ken Hirai

33) luis miguel como duele lyrics letra

34) Devuélveme El Amor - Luis Miguel...!!!!

35) Luis Miguel - Contigo en la distancia

36) Only human ( One litre of tears OST) kara vietsub

37) ♫ Only Human (Cello Vers.)

38) K- only human version piano + lyrics español

39) 1 Litre of Tears "ONLY HUMAN" (Español Latino) Version Piano

40) Zack Hemsey - The Way (Instrumental)

41) DJ Jazzy Jeff The Fresh Prince Summertime instrumental

42) Karaoke Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince *

43) The Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff- Summertime Instrumental

44) DJ JAZZY JEFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE - Summertime Instrumental

45) Jhene Aiko- The Pressure (Souled Out) Explicit

46) Jhene Aiko - Stay Ready Ft Kendrick Lamar (INSTRUMENTAL)

47) Alina Baraz & Galimatias - Maybe

48) Bobby Brown - Every Little Step (LYRICS)

49) Nickelback - Far away (Lyrics, HD)

50) MISIA - Everything

51) YURI(유*) X Raiden- Always Find You Lyrics English Version

52) 유* (YURI) X Raiden 'Always Find You (Korean Ver.) [HAN/ROM/ENG Lyrics]

53) Izumo, Japan 4K (Ultra HD) - 出雲

54) Summer Passion in Tohoku, Japan 4K (Ultra HD) - 東北の夏

55) Culture Code - Make Me Move (feat. Karra) (Lyrics)

56) Culture Code feat. Karra - Make Me Move (James Roche Remix) [NCS Release]

57) MAA With Seven24 & R.I.B.- Frozen (Original Mix)

58) Seven24, RIB & MAA - Frozen

59) TAEYEON (**) - Fashion [MP3 Audio]

60) TAEYEON (**) - Lonely Night (Audio) [My Voice - The 1st Album]

61) Teenage Dream - Katy Perry (Sara Farell Cover)

62) Lil Wayne - How To Love (Sara Farell Acoustic Cover)

63)Kygo Selena Gomez - It aint me (Sara Farell Acoustic Cover)

64) Naughty By Nature - Hip Hop Hooray

65) 吳若希-你在我心間 -( 那年花開月正圓)主題曲(字幕)

66) 吳國敬 - 我說過要你快樂 (Audio)

:1. Who is your favorite Singer ? (as mentioned above)

I don't have just 1. Matt Barlow, Zak Stevens, Ronnie James Dio, Jeff Scott Soto, Nils Patrick Johannson, Floor Jansen, Jorn Lande, Russell Allen, Hansi Kursch, many more. I do not have just one favorite, and never will.

:2. What is your favorite genre of music ? (i.e) pop or rock or hip hop or rap etc..,

Metal.

:3. Why do you like him/her ?

Cause they sound good, lots of power and passion in their vocals.

:4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

As stated, I don't have just one favorite singer. So I'll name a single song by various singers, with the band they were singing for named afterwards:
    Matt Barlow:A Question of Heaven(Iced Earth)
    Zak Stevens:Chance(Savatage)
    Jeff Scott Soto:Magic(Axel Rudi Pell)
    Ronnie James Dio:Heaven and Hell(Black Sabbath)
    Nils Patrick Johannson:Faith-Apathy Divine Pt 1(Wuthering Heights)
    Floor Jansen:Last Ride of the Day Live at Wacken 2013(Nightwish)
    Russell Allen:Kiss of Fire(Symphony X)
    Hansi Kursch:Time Stands Still(Blind Guardian)
    Mike DiMeio:Babylon(Riot)
    Jorn Lande:Out to Every Nation(Jorn)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Moved from Gen OT to /Music/.

My favourite singer would have to be the Queen of Rock himself, Freddie Mercury:

One of the greatest and most powerful performers of all time. Just watch him at Wembley. Around 100,000 people in the crowd looking like a moving carpet just because Freddie's energy was so infectious. He had such range too, from big roaring chorus to soft, almost feminine, melancholy verses. The man could do it all.

My favourite genres of music are rock, electronica, metal and pop.

It's hard to list my 10 favourite songs with Freddie singing (they may not be my favourite Queen songs overall), but I'll have a go.

Tie Your Mother Down, Spread Your Wings, It's A Beautiful Day, Melancholy Blues, We Will Rock You, The Show Must Go On, Princes Of The Universe, Barcelona, Innuendo and You And I.
    I couldn't agree more... Freddy Mercury was amazing. I cried when I heard the news that he passed.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-05-06 at 07:10 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

6 years, a real treasure.

i honestly can't say though. there has been many songs that have just done everything right for my ears, and they're usually by different bands/people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Gohan View Post
    The topic states the question clearly. Just answer the following questions

1. Who is your favorite Singer ? (as mentioned above)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? (i.e) pop or rock or hip hop or rap etc..,

3. Why do you like him/her ?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
    1. I have many favorites but in recent years, it would probably be Tarja Turunen (formerly of Nightwish).

2. Orchestrated, Rock, Electronica, 80s, film and game OST

3. She's classically trained and has such power/range in her voice that it is simply unreal. Nightwish kicked her out with an open letter in 2006 and they've struggled to fill her shoes since (although I hear the new singer is quite good).

4. Hard to lock down 10 songs but here's a standout.

I have many other favorites... Amy Lee, Freddy Mercury, Sharon den Adel (bonus song with her and Tarja below!) Andrea Ferro, Roland Orzabal, Phil Collins, countless more.

Amy Lee (Evanescence)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSquishie View Post
    1. Who is your favorite Singer ? - Dead Can Dance, specifically Lisa Gerrard

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? Not sure what you call it... atmospheric, ethereal, mood music... Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Niyaz.

3. Why do you like him/her ? Her voice is simply the most beautiful, haunting female vocal I've ever heard. It gives me chills, it can make me cry, or feel elated, excited.. it always provokes a deep reaction in me.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ? Elegy - Lisa Gerrard, The Host of Seraphim - DCD, Devorzhum - DCD, Dedicacé Outò - DCD, Song of the Sibyl - DCD, I am Stretched on Your Grave - DCD, The Ubiqitous Mr. Lovegrove - DCD, Sanvean - Lisa Gerrard, and her vocals which set the mood in a number of movies.

Elegy can be heard as the song that plays over the newest preview for Superman: Man of Steel. She's probably best known for her vocals in Gladiator, The Insider and Man on Fire.
    I agree fully, Lisa Gerrard is insanely talented.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Mike Patton > All

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all time, Freddie Mercury (Queen)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? (i.e) pop or rock or hip hop or rap etc..,
    Rock

I think the man just has a great wide range to his voice, has a unique sound and style that cannot be matched, even though many have tried.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
    2. Who Wants to Live Forever
    3. Radio Ga Ga
    4. The Prophet Song
    5. Great King Rat
    6. Save Me
    7. Love of My Life
    8. Mother Love
    9. One Vision
    10 We Will Rock You

Other artists
    Other great voices I like are Myles Kennedy, Meg Myers, Maria Brink, Annie Lennox, Meat Loaf and Rod Stewert (I know its very varied in genre)

Other genres
    Very weird because I like 80's pop, I like Heavy Rock, Hair Metal, Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Indy, Alternative, pop-rock, Punk, Post-Punk. I could be hear all day :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Jason Aalon Butler
    Anders Friden
    Maynard James Keenan
    M Shadows
    Chester Benington
    Corey Taylor

Favorite singer

Some questions just beg answering... I certainly don't post often, but here's my 2¢.

Christian Älvestam

The many varieties of metal, but mostly death metal.

His range is easily the best I've yet heard in my preferred genre, from the light poppy vocal styles to the fierce shouts and the deep growls.

In no particular order, based on the songs I've marked in Google Play. Not ten here, but we'll live. If someone saw fit to create links from my colored text, that'd be cool I guess. Either way, the info's there.

Please keep in mind that there is only one singer in these songs. No backup vocals.

Ghost Prototype I - Measurement of Thought (with Scar Symmetry)
    Primarily clean singing in this song. youtube: /watch?v=GKnyvtzMRRA

Ghost Prototype II - Deus Ex Machina (with Scar Symmetry)
    A good mix of clean and growls. youtube: /watch?v=Z5aB9bW5B00

Holographic Universe (with Scar Symmetry)
    One might describe this song as the band's magnum opus. The scope is much greater and almost progressive/conceptual. Both vocal styles are used to great effect. youtube: /watch?v=AVxkNFIxnl4

Morphogenesis (with Scar Symmetry)
    The opening track on the album these all have come from so far. The dynamics between multiple styles are right out in front here, and the rapid bouncing between styles lends explanation as to why he was replaced with two singers when he parted from the band. /watch?v=KREGPRhgwG4

Reborn (with Scar Symmetry)
    Throwing back a bit, this is from their first album. The production isn't as good, but that serves to put the singer out in front so it's not all bad. /watch?v=UszcgsHmbdI

Built on Sand (with Solution .45)
    The first entry from his "new" band, Solution .45. Though stylistically different, still clearly death metal, and he still sings and screams at the top of his game. /watch?v=f4kQZgyaDOc

Inescapable Dream (with Solution .45)
    Catchy chorus for sure. Primarily clean vocals, but some growls come through. /watch?v=wdoxlU3QJOk

Bear in mind that while Älvestam is far and away my favorite singer, he's in no way the star of these performances. The guitar and drums are right up there with him. It's better to embrace the production as a whole than attempt to single things out.

These kinds of songs are what I play for people when they ask what kind of music I listen to. It's definitely a much better introduction to the death metal scene than, say, Cannibal Corpse. The spectrum of things is always wider than the worst case, which we tend to assume is representative of the whole. Open your minds and let the melodies inspire!

I was talking with Björn Strid after a show following Soilwork's "Natural Born Chaos" release, and he told me that during his vocal training with Devin Townsend (also the producer of that album), Devin told him that in order to scream like a demon he needed to learn to sing like an angel. My experience in metal certainly agrees with that statement. I dunno, food for thought.