Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Music] Who is your favorite Singer ?

The topic states the question clearly. Just answer the following questions

1. Who is your favorite Singer ? (as mentioned above)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? (i.e) pop or rock or hip hop or rap etc..,

3. Why do you like him/her ?

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

My Favorite singer is Michael Jackson because he created a new benchmark for singing. And he's my favorite dancer too. He had obtained a whooping 18 grammy awards which is the highest anyone has ever achieved. Atleast for another 20-30 years no one can even come closer to him. He has sang various kind of genre like pop, rock, jazz, funk, soul, hard rock, melody etc..

My top 10 songs of Michael Jackson are:

1. Beat it
    2. Thriller
    3. Bad
    4. Billie Jean
    5. They don't care about us
    6. Wanna be startin' something (1988 version)
    6. Leave me Alone
    7. Smooth Criminal
    8. The way you make me feel
    9. Dirty Diana
    10. Man in the mirror

Pop is my favorite genre but i also like rock, rap, hip hop, soul, funk etc...

My other favorite singers are Enimen, Jay Z, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Shakira, Katy Perry etc..

P.S: You can also mention 1 or more singer but if you are gonna mention more than 1 singer just list the top singer out them . If i missed out anything, u can also mention about that.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Deleted
    Moved from Gen OT to /Music/.

My favourite singer would have to be the Queen of Rock himself, Freddie Mercury:

One of the greatest and most powerful performers of all time. Just watch him at Wembley. Around 100,000 people in the crowd looking like a moving carpet just because Freddie's energy was so infectious. He had such range too, from big roaring chorus to soft, almost feminine, melancholy verses. The man could do it all.

My favourite genres of music are rock, electronica, metal and pop.

It's hard to list my 10 favourite songs with Freddie singing (they may not be my favourite Queen songs overall), but I'll have a go.

Tie Your Mother Down, Spread Your Wings, It's A Beautiful Day, Melancholy Blues, We Will Rock You, The Show Must Go On, Princes Of The Universe, Barcelona, Innuendo and You And I.

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. Maybe James Maynard of Tool as well. I love lyricists that delve into the meta physical. My fav genre of music is post-rock which is often all instrumental w no vocals.

I never liked NiN when I was younger, but I recently started listening to their newer albums and am blown away. The song "Only" got me to look up the rest of their music. My favs are Only, We're in This Together, 1,000,000, Echoplex, Head Down, All the Love in the World, The Hand That Feeds, Everyday is Exactly the Same, Even Deeper, Hurt

"Well the tiniest little dot caught my eye and it turned out to be a scab
    And I had this funny feeling like I just knew it's something bad
    I just couldn't leave it alone, I kept picking at the scab
    It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut
    But I climbed through

Now I am somewhere I am not supposed to be, and I can see things I know I really shouldn't see
    And now I know why, now, now, now I know why
    Things aren't as pretty
    On the inside"

Edit: Man In the Mirror / Leave Me Alone are my jams!

Also my ex-gf had the biggest crush on Freddie Mercury lol
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2012-09-26 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Matthew Barlow - Ex-singer of Iced Earth
    Alan Avarill - Singer of Primordial

Matt I like for his extremely melancholic voice, and big vocal range (very low to very high), he really knows how to put feelings into his songs
    Alan I like also for his ability to convey feelings through his songs.

Favourite genre would be very broadly defined as metal, but there's waaaaaay more bands I don't like than those that I do like.

Top songs of Matt:

- Damien
    - Dragon's child
    - Dracula
    - Question to Heaven
    - Something wicked comes trilogy (3 songs)

Top songs of Alan:
    - Coffin Ships
    - Gallows Hymn
    - Bloodied yet Unbowed
    - The gathering wilderness
    - Heathen tribes

Deleted
    I like a lot of singer's voices, Jennifer Lopez, Rihana, the vocalist from Pendulum, Nightwish, Supertramp, Sliimy, Sean Paul, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Raimstein, Pink, Paramore, My Morning Jack vocalist has a very good voice too, Maroon 5, Madonna, Lilly Allen, Gaga, Katy Perry, Justice, James Morrisen, Infected Mushroom's music are just fantastic, Gotan Projet, french band I think, Gorillaz, Florence + the Machine, Evanescense, Empire of the Sun, Editors, David Guetta, Cranberries, Beyonce, Black Eye Peas, Avril Lavigne, Amy Whinehouse, Amy Mcdonald and so many other artists out there that I don't even know their name.

My favourite genres of music are definitely D&B, any kind of Electronic music, any kind of Dubstep, House music, Pop, so many others, I have a great variety of taste in music really...

Deleted
    Mine all time favorite is One That is 'JUstin Beiber'....

I like all his songs to listen...

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm this was a bad post, edited
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-12-19 at 07:31 PM.

My top Vocalist would no doubt be Maynard James Keenan of Tool/Pucsifer/A Perfect Circle, the amount of emotion he conveys through his lyrics and his performances is just amazing.

My top 10 (in no particular order) would be:

Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
    Jambi
    The Outsider
    AEnema
    Schism
    Eulogy
    The Pot
    Vicarious
    The Grudge
    Jimmy

1. Who is your favorite Singer ? - Rob Halford (Judas Priest)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? - Good Ol' Heavy Metal

3. Why do you like him/her ? - He has probably the widest vocal range of any heavy metal singer, if not male singer, ever. Meanwhile he still sounds fucking badass in the lower ranges too. Oh, by the way, he is 60 years old today and still sings better than all other heavy metal vocalists, and sounds fresher than other singers at the age of 40.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

1. Rapid Fire
    2. Hell Patrol
    3. Metal Gods
    4. Screaming For Vengeance
    5. Night Crawler
    6. Victim of Changes
    7. All Guns Blazing
    8. Painkiller
    9. Exciter
    10. Judas Rising

If you wanna check out his high range, then it's Painkiller, All Guns Blazing and Judas Rising you're supposed to check out. These are all Judas Priest songs obviously.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-09-28 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    My favorite music is dubstep/electronic.
    They don't really have singers so its kind of hard! I do like maroon 5 though Adam Levine i would say i guess!

David Gilmour of Pink Floyd
    I love Classic Rock, Grunge, some Progressive Rock, 90's rap, 60's and 70's Country, little bit of metal, and some harder rock.
    David Gilmour has a beautiful voice, just flawless. Man has a very deep voice, but manages to sing at relatively high pitches. (not robert plant high, mind you) He's also withstood the test of time. Man's in his 60's still making solo records, yet he sstill sounds as good, if not better, than he did in his 20's. Not to mention he sings and plays lead guitar together.... singing and rhythm guitar? easy enough. Singing and lead guitar? Now things are getting difficult...

1. Fearless
    2. Echoes
    3. Us & Them
    4. Dogs
    5. On An Island (from one his solo albums, not Pink Floyd)
    6. Comfortably Numb
    7. Time
    8. Have a Cigar
    9. Wish You Were Here
    10. Welcome to The Machine

Rock on, Gilmour.

Deleted
    Michael Kiske of Helloween & Unisonic.

Can't say I have a specific genre that I prefer, I listen to anything from death metal to boybands but in this case it's a power metal singer.

Reasons why I like Kiske are that he has an amazing vocal range and the voice just embodies what power metal is all about. Also really good control of his voice and even today, at 44 years old, it's still as good as ever.

As for favorite songs a top 10 is hard to come up with but without a specific order some good ones are
    Eagle Fly Free
    Never Change Me
    I Want Out
    Future World
    My Sanctuary
    Rise and Fall
    Keeper of the Seven Keys

Just a few
    Last edited by mmoc5ded88f409; 2012-12-19 at 01:13 AM.

Ray Davies:

Eric Burdon:

I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Emma Hewitt, I'd tie all her songs in 1-10, mainly because it's hard to actually sit there and pick out which song should go into which rank, if one song is better than the other, etc etc.

Mine all time favorite is One That is 'Ed sheeran'....

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of my favorite singers include Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, James Blake, Phil Collins, Søren Huss, Elton John, Sebastian Lind and Jono McCleery.
    I won’t begin to list all of my favorite songs by them. I’m don’t like making lists or ranking between stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Who is your favorite Singer ?: Chris martin

2. What is your favorite genre of music ?: Pop,Rock,Dance,Hardstyle and anything but Rap and R&B

3. Why do you like him/her?: His voice isnt that special but he makes it work so well with the songs he wrote and hes pretty funny tbh

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer?:

1: Speed of sound
    2: Clocks
    3: Dont let it break your heart
    4: Warning sign
    5: Charlie Brown
    6: Shiver
    7: The Scientist
    8: White shadows
    9: Square One
    10: Trouble
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    John Lennon.

Always been a favorite of mine.

Putin khuliyo

Eh, there are so few singers/bands to whom I have ever really been loyal that this is an easy one for me (at least as far as readily including a top ten as well).

1. Who is your favorite Singer ?: Elvis Presley

2. What is your favorite genre of music ?: rock and roll and showtunes but I have favorites from all over.

3. Why do you like him/her?: He's a passionate performer and call me crazy but I always appreciate a commanding male voice.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer?:

1. If I Can Dream
    2. Can't Help Falling in Love With You
    3. Burnin' Love
    4. Heartbreak Hotel
    5. Love Me Tender
    6. Teddy Bear
    7. Devil in Disguise
    8. Stuck On You
    9. Viva Las Vegas
    10. Let It Be Me

I also adore Michael Crawford (the original ALW Phantom of the Opera). I have a complete library for both artists; for other favorites, I only have the songs I really enjoyed.

Some of this may be the most pretentious things you have ever heard, but it's my honest opinion.

1. Who is your favorite Singer - This is hard, I like a ton and never really committed to a favorite, and although I am tempted to list a name of a Beatles singer, or from another classic rock band, I won't. I am going to go out on a limb here and say a classicist Broadway singer that hasn't died yet, Lea Salonga. Every time I have ever heard her sing (Even if it was the 50th time I heard her sing I dreamed a dream) I always get extreme chills and she has my full attention. It's something really special.

2. What is your favorite genre of music - I love many genres of music, but the top has to be Alternative Rock or Classical.

3. Why do you like him/her - Already said so, the main reason is her performance I Dreamed a Dream is one of the best things I have heard.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer - Since she is a broadway performer she doesn't have original songs so I will list my top 10 favorite songs period (these aren't definite, I LOVE many more than these ten, and anything on this list could really be my favorite)

1.Somewhere Over a Rainbow - I adore this song, and it's versatility in the way it can be performed is one of the reasons I love it.

2.Stairway To Heaven - This is the best rock song to be made, ever.

3.Requiem - Although on a technical level of achievement this should really be number one (and with how much I love even my top 200 favorite songs) any of these are really interchangeable, and could easily change by tomorrow. Mozart's best work here.

4.I Dreamed a Dream - Spectacular song, and it is a major standout out of a musical where every song is a standout song.

5.Concerning Hobbits (and all of the various reprises of the theme) - It was my favorite theme from the Lord of the Rings, and one of my favorite ones ever, nearly all the scenes that made me shed tears had this theme playing (not the more jolly one but still).

6.Let It Be - An amazing anthem song that really is the best closing song the Beatles could have as a group.

7.Fur Elise - It is Beethoven's most classic works, and probably the most classic work ever made, and so it deserves to be on here even though I don't absolutely love it.

8.Hallelujah - A great and timeless song now, plus there are so many great versions of it and no chief singer who really owns it making that much better.

9.When You Wish Upon a Star - It is Disney's true theme song, and is a great one at that.

10.The Stone - A very underrated song that is incredible in the raw power of it, big props to Dave Matthews Band for making it, definitely not to everybodies taste.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-12-21 at 05:56 AM.