Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of the Darkmoon Zep and Darkmoon Tonk myself. For most of my 'pve' pet battles, I use a Darkmoon Zep, Obsidian Hatchling, and a Frigid Frostling (his Ice Tomb hits like a truck).

On the other side of the coin: Pebble, that massive pain in the ass to obtain in the first place, continues to be a massive pain in the ass if you put him on your team -- his hit chance is in the 30-40% range for the initial part of his rockfall attack, and it feels like he misses or gets dodged 10-20% more often than pets of comparable quality and level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    I'm a fan of the Darkmoon Zep and Darkmoon Tonk myself. For most of my 'pve' pet battles, I use a Darkmoon Zep, Obsidian Hatchling, and a Frigid Frostling (his Ice Tomb hits like a truck).

On the other side of the coin: Pebble, that massive pain in the ass to obtain in the first place, continues to be a massive pain in the ass if you put him on your team -- his hit chance is in the 30-40% range for the initial part of his rockfall attack, and it feels like he misses or gets dodged 10-20% more often than pets of comparable quality and level.
    Those pet's suck pretty hard. Darkmoon tank dies really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the top Pets have great abilities that a team based around setting them up makes them OP. Such as :

Celestial Dragon with a Moonlight based team usually with a Sheep / fawn as a healer.

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti / Clockwork Gnome with 25% damage Debuff teammates.

Dark / Pheonix Hatchling with Scorched Earth teams

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Willy of course.
    Put it away...

Murkimus the Gladiator.

As Humanoid he can a critter ability (flurry) which destroys UD Pets if he has more Accuracy.

Counterattack is deadly vs. Fast Pets and leap can save your ass from some abilities which might kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanical and Undead pets are OP due to them coming back to life,also the dam frogs with that stupid kiss move and constant heals piss me off also,but a funny side note i have 3 creepy crates and they are nigh on unkillable if used all at same time lol death grip picks on the weak then i devour and come back to life the rest of the battle it proper pisses ppl off :P

The onyxian whelpling is a good solid first choice. The heal is awesome and fly high is very useful when avoiding big hitting enemies (and hits pretty hard itself).
    Any of the fishing crocodiles are excellent choices. Ability 1 - heals and does decent dmg Ability 2 - always go first and hits hard ability 3 (ravage) hits very hard and gives a nice heal if you kill the target.
    After that I am not sure I have some good rare pets but can't decide on what. Just caught a rare shadling this morning so will need to level that and try it out.

Emerald frog seems to be pretty good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate to give away my secrets for pet battling, but I will tell you this, research more Undead pets. The more innate speed they have, the better. I cannot tell you how many battles I've won based on the fact that I've been killed but basically get two free attacks while left briefly invulnerable to death. Likewise, the Undead ability Consume is pretty great if you're doing buffed damage. You can send me a PM if you want specifics about my favorite pet line-up and how to play it. I beat badass-looking teams all day. And here's the most beautiful part. Undead teams do crappy damage to Aquatic pets and no one uses Aquatic-heavy teams because they're so slow, defensive and heal-y; And Undead teams are only weak against Critter damage and no one good uses Critters because they think Critters are boring, basic, run-of-the-mill pets. Undead teams really catch a lot of people off-guard. Lastly, the Undead are resistant to Dagonkin damage which you will see a lot of in the 18-25 bracket. Dragonkin have a heavy heal that people like and a heavy Dragonkin-based breath attack that people think is a powerhouse. Which it is, unless you're using it on the Undead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I really hate to give away my secrets for pet battling, but I will tell you this, research more Undead pets. The more innate speed they have, the better. I cannot tell you how many battles I've won based on the fact that I've been killed but basically get two free attacks while left briefly invulnerable to death. Likewise, the Undead ability Consume is pretty great if you're doing buffed damage. You can send me a PM if you want specifics about my favorite pet line-up and how to play it. I beat badass-looking teams all day. And here's the most beautiful part. Undead teams do crappy damage to Aquatic pets and no one uses Aquatic-heavy teams because they're so slow, defensive and heal-y; And Undead teams are only weak against Critter damage and no one good uses Critters because they think Critters are boring, basic, run-of-the-mill pets. Undead teams really catch a lot of people off-guard. Lastly, the Undead are resistant to Dagonkin damage which you will see a lot of in the 18-25 bracket. Dragonkin have a heavy heal that people like and a heavy Dragonkin-based breath attack that people think is a powerhouse. Which it is, unless you're using it on the Undead...
    Its not that uncommon there is thousands of undead teams,including mine...

I hope i dont meet you in battle it will be like Metapod vs Metapod.

Deleted
    I use Mini Thor, Lil Teragosa, and a Snow Cub, works pretty well for me as Mini Thor is a beast.

I want a solid line-up to use for both PvE (Tamers/WildPets) and PvP, and I'm thinking something along the lines of:
    [Winterspring Cub] [Pandaren Monk] [Molten Hatchling/Restless Shadeling]

You guys think that'd be decent? Winterspring Cub is my favorite pet, and since most wild pets are Critters it'll be very good for leveling and such. Also has a slight heal in the form of Devour. Monk is bursty or tanky, depending on which abilities you take. And Molten Hatchling/Restless Shadeling are well-rounded and have some form of life-leech.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best pet I've personally used is the slimes. They have a nasty combo of two DoT abilities that increase the damage taken from other attacks (including the other DoT) and a light hitting attack that heals for as much damage as it deals. Once both Dots are up on a target, the light hitting ability hits hard and heals for the full amount of damage dealt. Tends to solo fights against three opponents.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    My magical crawdad is pretty OP, he has shitons of health, combined with Shell Shield that makes multi-turn atks a joke and can heal 50%health in 1 turn.

I think mine has almost 1900 hp at 25

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The best pet I've personally used is the slimes. They have a nasty combo of two DoT abilities that increase the damage taken from other attacks (including the other DoT) and a light hitting attack that heals for as much damage as it deals. Once both Dots are up on a target, the light hitting ability hits hard and heals for the full amount of damage dealt. Tends to solo fights against three opponents.
    This pretty much sums it up. It only took me a few ass beatings to look up the slimes and figure out what the hell was going on. I'm probably going to farm 2 more rares and run 3 of them for the hell of it. Even when they're weak against the opponent, the damage and healing is way too high for most teams to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Fishy, Strand Crawler and Magical Crawdad! Team Aquatic F T W! =D
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started this part and am using the JC panther, Ony Whelping and a Scarab, so far been able to take out a lot

Deleted
    Am I doing something wrong or is Willy just incredibly shit? He does ok'ish damage but his survivability seems to be incredibly low as he pretty much dies to every pet 1v1. My Willy is lvl 22 btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    how does elementium geode....dude do?
    Ha, i see what you did there. Haven't used it yet, but i may just because of your clever joke.

The Onyxian Whelpling. If I see it on the other player's team and it's the highest level pet on their roster, I know that I've already lost.

I love my molten hatchling it has so much self heals it was soloing 3 packs of lvl 24 pets at lvl 19. That said spiders of any kind seem like the most op beast types.