Comments about the Talent System and a few other things.

Ok guys and gals- I've played WoW on and off since Vanilla (because of previously being in the service and moving around). I see a lot of people complain about how the talent system is "dumbed down". So let me ask you this...when was it ever hard? It's like many have already said...you'd either just look up what the cookie-cutter spec was or simply be able to figure it out yourself. The differences between the current system and the old one is that the new one gives you additional choices that you can choose based off of either your play style, preference, or what boss you are about to go up against. The only reason I believe people complain about it is because players that are new to the game won't be able to pick incorrect talents that don't pertain to there spec...which helps the rest of us when we run dungeons with them (ret pallys in prot spec or in the older days tri-spec pallys...yes it happened). Did I like going to trainers to physically go and pick up the new talents myself...yeah- and I admit I will miss that just like I miss doing the chain quest to get my epic riding mount), but does it make the game feel any easier in playability...not really. Now instead of taking the time to go and find a trainer...I can just continue questing...its not really that big of a deal at this point.

I also believe its part of the "I had to go through it...why not the new guys?" type of deal.
    Peeps...we've all gotten older and to all of us veteran players the game has changed and it isn't going back to the old days. The best thing to do is enjoy playing with our friends (the old ones and the new ones we will make), raid together, kill some horde/alliance in pvp, pay the $15 a month we always shell out, and move forward. To all the peeps that may flame me for whatever reason...believe me I feel your anger in some aspects in the direction WoW has gone- but just remember that SOME of the changes were for the better and some of the additions were actually pretty damned good. Blizz put in challenge modes because they know we love a challenge and they put in norm/heroic 5 mans for the regular players that just love to play. See you guys in pandaria and I look forward to playing yet another x-pac with my fellow wow players.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 09:43 PM ----------

Aint it the truth though?
    Last edited by Xires; 2012-09-26 at 09:41 PM.