Frost rotation (PvE)

I am new to frost spec and I was wondering what the rotation is for single target bosses and what stats should I be going for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go mate, Check this out for some info.
    frost mage dps

that says to use frost armor? Is that correct? I thought we wanted mage armor for the mastery? Have i been using the wrong armor the entire time O_O

Mastery is Frost's weakest stat

Welp this is why i guess i was waiting for a frost guide on here haha....well hopefully this will help my dps some lol

Im very suprised by the responds already to this thread, mastery the weakest stats? Id would say haste is the weakest stat by far with the current secondary stat gain we have atm. Crit has to be prioed until you have the soft cap witch isnt particulary high as we gain 5% from raid and 5% on target. Ofc hitcap is the most important.
    However i do not understand what so ever why haste is even calculated as a proper stat as we are using frostbolt as a filler whom have 12% chance to proc a Fingers of frost, witch frankly is pointless. Id say go for crit until you have 15% with/without molten armor, Pre raid buffs and rush mastery, cause As long you use your Alter time CD properly (with all proc available). And use your Fingers of frost force procs to your advantage. you should not spend alot of time useing frostbolt. But with haste it will only increase the time casting frostbolt.
    And yes i have taking frost bomb into consideration but frankly its not worth it.

GLaid, Passionate Frost mage

Quote Originally Posted by Glaid View Post
    Im very suprised by the responds already to this thread, mastery the weakest stats? Id would say haste is the weakest stat by far with the current secondary stat gain we have atm. Crit has to be prioed until you have the soft cap witch isnt particulary high as we gain 5% from raid and 5% on target. Ofc hitcap is the most important.
    However i do not understand what so ever why haste is even calculated as a proper stat as we are using frostbolt as a filler whom have 12% chance to proc a Fingers of frost, witch frankly is pointless. Id say go for crit until you have 15% with/without molten armor, Pre raid buffs and rush mastery, cause As long you use your Alter time CD properly (with all proc available). And use your Fingers of frost force procs to your advantage. you should not spend alot of time useing frostbolt. But with haste it will only increase the time casting frostbolt.
    And yes i have taking frost bomb into consideration but frankly its not worth it.

GLaid, Passionate Frost mage
    It has been explained multiple times why haste is better than even going for shatter cap of crit
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It has been explained multiple times why haste is better than even going for shatter cap of crit
    What an insightful and more importantly, helpful post!
    How about explaining how or giving a source or sources since its been explained multiple times.
    I would otherwise agree with Glaid.

IDK maybe read the frost guide stickied on the front page of the mage forums?

Intellect > hit/expertise > haste > crit to 28% > mastery > more crit

Hit cap is 15%. Expertise now grants spell hit, so if you need extra reforges, or a red gem with hit, remember this. Racial bonuses for expertise do exist, make sure to account for this. It's a free 1% hit if you're using a matching weapon.

Haste is our best non-hit secondary stat. You cast faster, your DoTs tick faster, you gain procs faster.

Crit cap is 28% raid buffed. This includes the 5% crit buff from arcane brilliance. Shatter is crit percent*2+50%. The math behind this is (((28-3)*2)+50)=100. You lose 1% crit against any target for every level higher than you are, before shatter.

Mastery is where the remainder of your stat budget goes. It increases ice lance and frostfire bolt damage when under their respective buffs, as well as the water elemental's damage. Mastery is not better than haste, though. Haste gives you more chances to use mastery. Haste is better.

Haste is also better than crit, even before shatter cap. The reason behind this is that it speeds the elemental's cast time, reduces the GCD, makes our bombs tick faster, and it reduces the cast time of evocation.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.