Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    They're packs of 3-4 mobs. You get a companion. The ratio bucks down to 1.5-2 mobs per. Not exactly "heroic". They don't necessarily have to use that approach, but that approach only exists for, what, 1 fight (Infernal Council)? My point isn't about the mechanic. My point is that he actually called out other MMOs for doing the EXACT same thing they wound up doing.
    James Ohlen is full of buzz words, that's all.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    October was the estimation for the next content update being on the PTS

And I don't dislike Ohlen, he has a history of doing really great work on games. My issues are more of an interpersonal type (the way he seems to interact with other people) and the way he comes off in videos.
    Their not trained PR guys so I don't expect them to get on camera and be movie stars. That was ostensibly what Stephen Reids job was.

As for their content cycle and 2013 I certainly hope they can keep that pace up and as excited as I am for new stuff I remain skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Their not trained PR guys so I don't expect them to get on camera and be movie stars. That was ostensibly what Stephen Reids job was.
    No, but every single member of the team who has any contact with media and/or fans (specifically all the developers/producers who have media interaction and get put on videos) go through heavy media training from the PR teams.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, but every single member of the team who has any contact with media and/or fans (specifically all the developers/producers who have media interaction and get put on videos) go through heavy media training from the PR teams.

ehhhh i doubt that. If you remember way back when Total Biscuit was interviewing swtor guys and complained Stephen Reid was always in the background keeping an eye on them to make sure they didn't say the wrong thing. If the training was so extensive, he wouldn't have to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    ehhhh i doubt that. If you remember way back when Total Biscuit was interviewing swtor guys and complained Stephen Reid was always in the background keeping an eye on them to make sure they didn't say the wrong thing. If the training was so extensive, he wouldn't have to be there.
    Considering I work in PR at the moment and I know a few people who have worked at larger publishers similar to EA. Trust me, every single one of them that deals with media and fans on any kind of regular basis has media training. The PR rep is there to jump in and save the dev in case they get talked into a corner or something comes up. Then you blame the asshole PR guy and not the dev for cutting the interview/chat short.

Taken all interviews given by Bioware people... there is no doubt that each and everyone from these guys had trainings of some sort. I remember from very early on that they kept their "don't know about, can't talk about" very strong in any interview. A reporter can't really get yourselve into a corner if you block his questions with these kind of answers.