Anyone have Any thoughts on how hunter pvp is gonna be at 90?

Specs, comps, ect. completely clueless i'm new to hunter in general, trying one for the xpac, currently 85

BM or go home, at least for this season.

Pop all cds and win, if not then wait til up again and try again.

it's really not very interesting at the moment.

KFC is rediculous (at 85 in 5.0 at least), HLS still doesn't work (although better than 4.3), thugcleave isn't as great as rogues lost a lot of damage (but the CC is still there), PHD is still the same imho. KFC is what I'll be running primarily, and also MM isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is... but BM is still better. We'll see how pet survivability is.

I can have a single macro with all main hunter skills... spam that key and win. GG

BM - and don't forget to spam AS.

10+ Year Old Account
    So will high ranked hunters take the stealth Glyph?
    I would like to say i dont see a ton of them using it but thats kinda the point.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

thanks alot for the responses everyone, really appreciated, any idea on glyphs or point for point talent specs.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    So will high ranked hunters take the stealth Glyph?
    I would like to say i dont see a ton of them using it but thats kinda the point.
    i doubt it. Mix of mirrored blades/disengage/mend pet/explosive trap/scattering will be used depending on what comps they face and what map.

I don't see glyph of camo having any use in any kind of competitive 3v3 environment

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    KFC is rediculous (at 85 in 5.0 at least), HLS still doesn't work (although better than 4.3), thugcleave isn't as great as rogues lost a lot of damage (but the CC is still there), PHD is still the same imho. KFC is what I'll be running primarily, and also MM isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is... but BM is still better. We'll see how pet survivability is.

MM is bad, did you try it at level 90 on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i doubt it. Mix of mirrored blades/disengage/mend pet/explosive trap/scattering will be used depending on what comps they face and what map.

I don't see glyph of camo having any use in any kind of competitive 3v3 environment

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 09:27 PM ----------

MM is bad, did you try it at level 90 on beta?
    It's really not. It just has less damage and less utility than BM (including selfheals). It's still somewhat viable, but not nearly as good as bm. And yes, I did.

it's not about it having less damage, it has NO damage. At this level of crit we are currently at, MM is worthless because it relied on critting with chimera to obtain pressure. Add in the fact that agility classes can now dodge our shots, pressure is next to impossible against those classes as MM.

MM cc is about the same (if not a bit more versatile than BM) as BM, it's just terrible right now. Survival arcane shot spam is much better than MM even now.

What's so awful about MM CC? It's the same as BM minus one 3 second stun... And you are aware that you get up to 3x (at LEAST) more instant aimed? It's 50% per steady shot and it only needs 3 stacks.

im saying MM cc is actually a little better since you replace intimidate with a pet cc.

And no we don't get at least 3x more instant aimed, we have barely any haste and we steady shot less because of toth procs and now 17 focus from steady shot. Unless you just steady shot until you get aimed procs which is dumb and less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    BM or go home, at least for this season.

Pop all cds and win, . . .
    This is basically how i feel. Tons of world-pvp going on in Tich, and I am generally served on a platter to BM's hiding behind trees. In fact, I started a thread in the pally forums to see how I can L2P to make my deaths a little less shameful.

BM is INCREDIBLY overpowered, but no fun to play in my opinion, unless you enjoy pressing a button and watching a pet kill people. The other specs are meh. If I was a hunter I'd be very disappointed with the direction of the class, especially BM being so strong.

Deleted
    BM hunter damage is all lynx rush vs 1 person. you put a couple people in close proximity to each other, and the damage from lynx rush to a single target goes down considerably.

From the limited pvp I've done at 90 so far, I have to say hunters don't seem anywhere near what the videos were showing on beta. As a moonkin with no crafted gear (so just baseline stats) and mostly heroic blues, if it's 1v1 I can usually survive lynx rush (usually barkskin + pre-hot myself/cenarion ward), after which they have almost no damage.

A simple shadowmeld can negate most of BM damage cooldowns against many hunters as the pet simply runs back away from you long enough to heal or get away.