Dropping Jewelcrafting for Tailoring? Makes sense?

So I am considering dropping Jewelcrafting for Tailoring this expansion. Its just that on my Paladin - my most active toon, I have Jewelcrafting and Enchanting. Both don't really have any use for Spirit of Harmony besides getting an extra CD on your research for JC.

Secondly, most of the patterns can only be obtained from specific factions unlike Cata where you simply turned in 8 Bolts and got what you needed. This makes it a requirement to quest on your alts and grind dailies on every single toon.

Thirdly, I do have JC on my Hunter which is more of a bank alt these days. Does it make sense sending her the ore while she sits and prospects them while my Paladin takes up Tailoring?

Please leave by any suggestions. Thank you.

There is one problem:
    Mounts.
    We have JC BoE mounts now but afaik all require rep recipes.
    Having an alt with the profession might hinder you on that front.
    If you dont care then yes, JC is a perfect alt profession.

Spirit of harmony is a cool concept, its just weird enchanting is completely left out of the mix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have JC on so many alts that I already hate it so much..

So I also dropped it this morning and switched to tailoring on my mage. Currently at 150 and silk cloth is getting painful, not to talk about frostweave..

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Secondly, most of the patterns can only be obtained from specific factions unlike Cata where you simply turned in 8 Bolts and got what you needed. This makes it a requirement to quest on your alts and grind dailies on every single toon.
    I thought about this too and here's my opinion. If the only reasoning to get tailoring is the 476 epics, I'd say don't do it. On your main you will probably be grinding rep with all of the factions and therefore you will be have access to 489 gear which is better. Also I think enchanting will be useful to have on your main because the formulas require rep and the way dust and essences are priced right now, enchants will probably be super expensive. My advice is to drop JC for alchemy. I hear the trinket is really good and transmuting the red gems is a plus.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2012-09-27 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your Spirits. Use them to buy whatever Materials are most expensive and then sell them on the AH to buy ore for JC or enchanting mats.