Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Last World of Warcraft expansion boss idea.

I hope Sargeras, and it is a once only fight, that everyone on the realm takes part in, leading up to the final day, where he finally succeeds and destroys azeroth, causing your server to shut down forever.

Imagine a whole expansion leading up to the end of WoW for good, closing down your server as you join up in some kind of final battle over the course of a week, and on the final day, the cities crumble, the lands turn to ash, and each zone becomes uninhabitable, and everything becomes unmade.

I would pay good money to be part of that

Server Message: The Auction House has been irreversibly destroyed, and no longer functions.
    Server Message: It is no longer possible to create new characters, as everyone is now in a final battle with extinction
    Server Message: The world has been claimed by Sargeras. It burns to ash as your soul leaves your corpse for the last time, leaving behind a dead universe filled with nothing.

Then rolls one heck of a final cutscene, think end sequence to Final Fantasy games in length, and then, the credits. You can then view your armory profile as a memorial, locked forever.

What do you think?

Think it's impossible to have everyone on the realm on at the same time.. I do like the concept though

10+ Year Old Account
    That would without comparison be the most controversial move ever made by a video game company. And it would be epic as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we get like a Hall of Heroes or something in Battle.net, displaying all of our characters, then I'm all for it!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    It would be really, really, really retarded...

Deleted
    no thanks, I like the game, and would be saddened to see it end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunified View Post
    It would be really, really, really retarded...
    Why? If we ever make it to the last expansion of World of Warcraft without the game dieing, wouldn't this be awesome than?

Well... If Blizz ever decides to shut down the servers, might as well go out with a bang I guess.

Deleted
    What if people want to continue playing past the final expansion? There are many online games out there still running after 10+ years.

Deleted
    This would actually be an ok idea if blizzard wanted to make WoW 2, but it will not happen for obvious reasons and I think it shouldn't happen.

There are always new players appearing to play WoW, there's the previous content, quests, lore, and you just want that to disappear? I wouldn't mind this event to happen but closing the servers for ever is a bad play for Blizzard, that's why I think this wont work.

The idea is still awesome nonetheless.

I hate when games don't let you keep playing after you've beaten the final boss. Like, it saves right beforehand and then you can't save afterwards and if you ever load your file, you're in the room before the final boss again or whatever. Annoys me a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khodan22 View Post
    Why? If we ever make it to the last expansion of World of Warcraft without the game dieing, wouldn't this be awesome than?
    Well how would it work though, lets say 3/4 of the server does it on monday, then there wont be enough people to do it on thursday.
    if you dont raid you dont get locked out?

I didn't like this idea at first, but then I thought, that if WoW 2 ever happens, that would actually be a pretty good way to finish WoW. Your characters data would still be attached to your bnet account and would have impact on your WoW2 character (like a huge feat of strenght, acces to old races, mounts or something). WoW 2 could then be an alternative dimension, where Sargeras has been defeated, or a space void where heroes have to fight to restore old azeroth... a lot of cool story twists and possibilites there, I like it.

I like that idea! Even though it is not going to happen... Also, having all of your realm take part in one big fight would be technically impossible to do... Imagine Siltihus during the Opeing of AhnQiraj, but with a LOT more people.

That would be a hell of a way to end it. Love it!!!

Deleted
    That would be awesome! As long as Armory works a year or two afterwards, by that time I've probably forgot the whole WoW.

OT: As much as people wish for this game to go on for all eternity, at some point it has to end forever. Admit it to yourself! Not in a three to five years, but decade or two more and none will remember WoW anymore. Sad but true :-(

I thought it would be cool if the final battle with Sargeras could be something where a horde group and an alliance group would que up to be matched (based on them having a simular rating) and they would each fight on seperate sides of a chasm that a towering Sargeras is trying to crawl out of and each side has to complete objectives to defeat him, one side tanks while the other deals with trash and objectives and then switch.

So they basically cut their ~10mil subscription income for an ingame story event? Sounds like a smart business

Sargeras is pretty obviously the ultimate wow boss. Some blue recently hinted that we will be feeling Sargeras coming to Azeroth a long time before he even arrives, so..

If they ever decide to shut down servers, this should be how they do it.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US