Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing childish here is regurgitating why i hate MoP threads, the game is here like it or hate its here move on.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

isn't there a quest where you kill pandaren children as a horde or was that just some crazy forum post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pandas whos racial focus is kung-fu...

I dont know how else to answer your question.
    An humanoid race based on an animal that can be very dangerous, which has a fighting technique as its racial focus. Oh, and they also LOVE drinking alcoholic beverages. How is that childish again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    isn't there a quest where you kill pandaren children as a horde or was that just some crazy forum post?
    Jesus Christ, the game would be rated Adult Only, or M for mature. They are just taken as slaves by both the Alliance and Horde. You just free them, from both factions.

I guess social media masks decent incite into the game. Sure we know its abit more mature but the average joe has no clue other than that dreamworks movie and the pokemon/pet battles thing.

They will never fully comprehend the expansion as a whole because of there "averageness".

10+ Year Old Account
    If you sincerely cannot understand why someone would think pandas are childish, then there's no use explaining it to you. Also, this thread's been done thousands of times.
    Look! Words!

I don't see why people think pet battles are childish either. You're forcing smaller creatures to fight each other to the death for your own amusement. You're basically a pixellated version of Michael Vick.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I don't want to cuddle with a cow, but with panda, hell yeah
    Have fun cuddling with an animal that would be more likely to maul you to death then it would be willing to cuddle with you.

Quote Originally Posted by lolterribads View Post
    Cool story bro. Let's look at the facts:

2002: Warcraft 3 is released
    2003: Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is released
    (Chen Stormstout was in WC3: TFT)
    2008: Kung Fu Panda is out in Cinemas
    2012: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is released
    (The Pandaren race and monk class is unlocked with the expansion)

So really, Pandas in Warcraft first showed up in 2003. Kung Fu Panda, the movie you seem to assume created the idea of an anthropomorphic Panda, was almost 5 years after Chen Stormstout's little adventure in Durotar.

Nice try though buddy. You almost had the OP believing you, I am sure of it (roll's eyes)
    Could go back even farther than that, there was an Anime/Manga that involved a Panda that knew Kungfu, can't remember the name of it but I want to say it came out in the 80's or 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Jesus Christ, the game would be rated Adult Only, or M for mature. They are just taken as slaves by both the Alliance and Horde. You just free them, from both factions.
    oh I was getting kinda scared right there :P

Copying and pasting from a post to reddit.

People aren't upset that they are based off pandas, it's the fact that everything is panda. First off, all the other "animal" people have their own names. They aren't Lobsterians, Walrusians, Space Goatarens, etc. This is where the initial light-hearted feel comes to the Pandaren, which they've had since WC3. Then the entire new zone is called "Pandaria." Think how silly it would be if Northrend had been called Walrusland. Next, let's stereotype an entire culture. Let's use Trolls as an example. They're heavily influenced by Jamaican and voodoo culture, but it's given in small doses. But what if they had made the Walrusians Jamaican based instead of the trolls, and every town in Walrusland was filled with voodoo, ganja smoking, and dreadlocked Walrusians. On top of all that, two movies and a cartoon series about a ganja smoking walrus had recently become huge with kids. Blizzard takes all this and makes an expansion following the world being destroyed, an undead apocalypse, and intergalatic demon warfare. That would seem silly wouldnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    If you sincerely cannot understand why someone would think pandas are childish, then there's no use explaining it to you. Also, this thread's been done thousands of times.
    Can you please explain why they are anyway, just to humor us?
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post

Could go back even farther than that, there was an Anime/Manga that involved a Panda that knew Kungfu, can't remember the name of it but I want to say it came out in the 80's or 90's.

This it? (Ranma 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheideor View Post
    Copying and pasting from a post to reddit.

People aren't upset that they are based off pandas, it's the fact that everything is panda. First off, all the other "animal" people have their own names. They aren't Lobsterians, Walrusians, Space Goatarens, etc. This is where the initial light-hearted feel comes to the Pandaren, which they've had since WC3. Then the entire new zone is called "Pandaria." Think how silly it would be if Northrend had been called Walrusland. Next, let's stereotype an entire culture. Let's use Trolls as an example. They're heavily influenced by Jamaican and voodoo culture, but it's given in small doses. But what if they had made the Walrusians Jamaican based instead of the trolls, and every town in Walrusland was filled with voodoo, ganja smoking, and dreadlocked Walrusians. On top of all that, two movies and a cartoon series about a ganja smoking walrus had recently become huge with kids. Blizzard takes all this and makes an expansion following the world being destroyed, an undead apocalypse, and intergalatic demon warfare. That would seem silly wouldnt it?
    Not really.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Not really.

/thread
    You can't /thread your own post. You also can't "not really" an opinion. OP asked why people thought the game was childish, and I said a popular opinion as to why.

It really doesn't matter what come first.
    Pandas appear in a famous Kids movie, that's it.

So plz tell me a famous kids cartoon movie with (walking walrus-people, holy cows, space goats, fish men, bearpeople (furbolgs)).. And I will call that race childish too....
    OBEY THE PUG!

Why are we caring about this again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Have fun cuddling with an animal that would be more likely to maul you to death then it would be willing to cuddle with you.

Pandaren go further back than WC3's release. Check out the date on the copyright in this image.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/viewer...arcraft&art=26
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Pandarens are awesome...I am very happy with the way they turned out. They remind me of Chris Farley in Bevely Hills ninja in panda form Btw wtb panda form on my druid!

It's because people think Blizzard ripped off kung-fu panda when it's really the other way around.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    2bh the whole idea of playing a game like WoW in an imaginary world is pretty childish, and that goes for just about any game really. Quite frankly if pandaren are childish then I don't want to grow up. I'm loving MoP so far and I loved the Kung fu panda movies as well and still watch them with my kids on weekends. The majority of people who don't like pandaren seem to be kids trying to be all grown up.