Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    oh really?

warcraft 3

mists of pandaria

please tell me how these "are not the same pandaren"
    These are not the same pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Cows have been in movies too. See, that's how pointless your argument is.
    Really...? You're comparing MINOTAUR to Pandas? Terrible argument. AND there was never an entire expansion/continent based on a single race that was added to the original game as a joke and is STILL a joke.

Seriously, I thought that Blizzard would at least attempt to remedy the 100% comedic nature of the Pandaren somehow but nope. Even when they're going out hunting for Sha I can't get over the blatantly Kung Fu Panda-like animations. I expected to see more fluid version of the animations Chen had in WC3. Instead the cinematic set the undeniable precedent of there being a major influence of the KFP movie's style in WoW.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-03 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Really...? You're comparing MINOTAUR to Pandas? Terrible argument. AND there was never an entire expansion/continent based on a single race that was added to the original game as a joke and is STILL a joke.

Seriously, I thought that Blizzard would at least attempt to remedy the 100% comedic nature of the Pandaren somehow but nope. Even when they're going out hunting for Sha I can't get over the blatantly Kung Fu Panda-like animations.
    they werent added in as a joke. they were suggested as a joke, people got mad that they werent really adding them and everyone said they wanted them, so blizzard said okay you guys like them will add them.

since warcraft 3 came out they have not been treated as a joke and they have been a fan favorite of old school warcraft players i mean look at illidans glaives HE HAS PANDA FACES ON HIS GLAIVES. the pandaren have been the most asked for race since vanilla you want someone to blame for pandaren? blame the playerbase and people like me because were the ones who have been asking for them all the way back then
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You are playing a cartoonish styled, pixelated video game on the internet where you pretend to be fantasy creatures in a fantasy world casting magic, using weapons you've no formal training with IRL..

No one that plays any video game should be chalking this game up to childish really. Gaming as a whole is considered childish by "normals" so whatever, enjoy what you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Firstly the Minotaur was a man with the head of a bull, the Tauren are a race of cow-people more likely based on Warhammer's Beast-men. Secondly Panda-people weren't really a joke, Samwise has been drawing them for ages. They were put in as an Easter-egg and when fan response was positive they were brought in to the lore.

Seriously, I thought that Blizzard would at least attempt to remedy the 100% comedic nature of the Pandaren somehow but nope. Even when they're going out hunting for Sha I can't get over the blatantly Kung Fu Panda-like animations. I expected to see more fluid version of the animations Chen had in WC3. Instead the cinematic set the undeniable precedent of there being a major influence of the KFP movie's style in WoW.
    I think you got it backwards, MoP has clearly moved away from the softer-style pandas used in WC3 and KFP.

http://youtu.be/k8BgIg_Q3FE?t=4m6s

Obviously as you know I am pretty vocal on the whole the Pandaren aren't childish, but to say that there isn't any kind of influence from KFP is wrong. We're talking about Blizzard here, these guys take a TON of pop culture references especially from movies. I mean the Bouncy racial is a big one IMO and I believe that is influenced by KFP. With that said taking things here and there from family movies doesn't make something childish. It works off of nostalgia or something that some at Blizzard liked when they watched a movie. To say MoP was heavily influence by KFP IMO is wrong, but to say it wasn't influenced at all by KFP also is wrong IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they werent added in as a joke. they were suggested as a joke, people got mad that they werent really adding them and everyone said they wanted them, so blizzard said okay you guys like them will add them.

since warcraft 3 came out they have not been treated as a joke and they have been a fan favorite of old school warcraft players i mean look at illidans glaives HE HAS PANDA FACES ON HIS GLAIVES. the pandaren have been the most asked for race since vanilla you want someone to blame for pandaren? blame the playerbase and people like me because were the ones who have been asking for them all the way back then
    Ahah you wish.
    I think the 1 billions Large chinese market counts a bit more than you or people like you as you said, running around pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly the Minotaur was a man with the head of a bull, the Tauren are a race of cow-people more likely based on Warhammer's Beast-men. Secondly Panda-people weren't really a joke, Samwise has been drawing them for ages. They were put in as an Easter-egg and when fan response was positive they were brought in to the lore.
    It wasn't put in as an "easter-egg" then met with positive fan response; it was an april fool's joke put up on the... whatever the official WC3 site was called, announced as "the next race"; which then lead to the introcution of one pandarian character as a neutral hero up for recruitment at the tavern. Not sure how you can call an admitted april fools joke "not really a joke", but that's revisionist history for you I guess...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Obviously as you know I am pretty vocal on the whole the Pandaren aren't childish, but to say that there isn't any kind of influence from KFP is wrong. We're talking about Blizzard here, these guys take a TON of pop culture references especially from movies. I mean the Bouncy racial is a big one IMO and I believe that is influenced by KFP. With that said taking things here and there from family movies doesn't make something childish. It works off of nostalgia or something that some at Blizzard liked when they watched a movie. To say MoP was heavily influence by KFP IMO is wrong, but to say it wasn't influenced at all by KFP also is wrong IMO.
    Finally someone to have a discussion with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Hey look, it's an overweight wise ancient guru zen master who loves nothing more than to eat and to laugh and to be happy while focusing on not experiencing negative vibes.

He must be a copy off of Kung Fu Panda.

Of course, it's not as if there's an ancient Asian mythological archtype that maybe both humanoid food loving zen master pandas are based on.

I think we've finally gotten to the root of it here. This isn't a character type we see very often in the West, but I'd wager it's really common in regions with more Buddhist influence. As for why pandas and Buddha-types are so often combined into one, is probably just a matter of two great tastes that taste great together, combined with the black and white coloration evoking the yin and yang.

Deleted
    I think its childish. Alot of people think its childish. Blizzard knew it would be seen as childish given KFP films have come out. Some people need to face up to this.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Ahh name-calling for different views/opinions on a subject that involved a video game.
    I'm pretty sure that the word "Ignorant" means to lack education or be uneducated on a subject. If a person makes a verbatim assumption of a product, service, person, act, ect. at first glance with out first educating themselves on the who/what/where/when/why/how of said, in this case, product then they are in fact making an ignorant assumption.

Ignorant is not an insult its a state of being.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

I still like to watch SpongeBob, not sure if you can call that show childish or not. But it does have some brilliant jokes, I even prefer it to any South Park episode past season 5 or any Fmaily Guy episode (that show was never good to begin with). Spongebobs jokes are actually more brilliant.

As for the pandaren, its a pity that they were depicted as ''kung fu panda's'' in the preview, and comical in the trailer. If only they avoided this, the amount of childish shitstorms would've been reduced a lot. Myabe Blizzard IS trying to appeal their game to the younger audience, since most of the WC2 and WC3 stuff is all over now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    You still don't get it, do you? A grown man who likes a show for little kids IS creepy. MLP IS a show for little kids. Don't give me that crap with ''Oh it's a show for the entire family.'' That's just marketing crap for ratings. A show that preaches about friendship is mature right? I've seen adults singing MLP songs, when it was on TV at a local Mc'Donalds. And it was downright sad and pathetic. Unless they were retarded, they have no excuse for behaving like that.
    sorry to say but is you that did not got his message and you probe it by your reply to his post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    By how I use it, yes. Though, the reason why I can even claim such a thing is simply because I want to undermine the entirety of the word. Using the word in a sense of what is socially acceptable to like and dislike is in of itself a pointless argument to have. That is why I'm doing it in the first place.
    Guys hide yo kids, hide yo wife we got frickin philosopher he will soon call food childish because you can get messed up with it like a baby.